• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seeking Advice for the Week from Hell...

clovey2014

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters. To start out, I'm a noobie here. Thanks in advance for any advice/experiences. I have been on 8mg Suboxone for 4 years, prior to that, jumped back between opiates and subs a bunch, also messed around with other things, typical junkie shit. Been trying to stay away from the heavy stuff as I am trying to keep things somewhat in balance. So I get my subs monthly and really screwed myself and now have to go the next seven days without any before my refill, as the coronavirus has fucked up everything apparently and it's impossible to get much to help, otherwise. Here's what I have to assist... (not much really) just gabapentin, a little propranolol & clonidine for the anxiety, and I was considering Kratom, which is totally new to me. If you all could shoot me any ideas about dosing, amounts, strains, and ideas to manage ingesting the powder (it tastes gross, right?), you'd have done your good deed for the day. Oh, also if you know about amounts of gaba that could help, I'd be grateful.
Thanks <3 & remember to wash yer hands, ya filthy animals.

Hey there...thanks. I did some reading, went to a local head shop and picked up some red Bali and Maeng Da capsules...I’ve tried 10g today, 5g of each, spacing 5 hours apart. Had some nausea and added in 8mg of Zofran I had on hand for nausea. Will probably have another 5g capsule soon. Seems to be working to assist so far. I know online retailers are best but I couldn’t wait four days for shipping.

Just a brief aside, especially with kratom, just cause you have an opioid tolerance doesn't mean you need to go mega heavy with the dose. Cause it can make you kinda nauseous as it's a lot of plant material. Just take normal amounts until your body gets used to it. But everything you've listed should help and it sounds like you're doing the right thing.

My new suggestions every time is also gonna be turmeric, ginger, and black seed oil to assist with WD as well.

Thanks shroomyboom... I'm feeling pretty okay rn. A little scared bc the next few days will show me what's up with this stuff... I forgot to add that I DID read about turmeric and had it on hand and added it today to my regime. I also added gaba, about 300mg, because I have a limited amount. I could probably double it daily and be okay but am not sure of the benefits, really. I'll add ginger. So...what's the deal with black seed oil? Can I get it anywhere??

Also, yes, I read up last night for several hours on here trying to school myself real quick about Kratom doses! I did not go as heavy as I wanted to because I read that it would just make me sick. My addict mentality always says two must be better than one. So, advice well-taken. Thanks again.

@clovey2014 Glad to hear it. 😄 Sounds like you're making progress and looking stuff up which is a good place to start.

Black seed oil is a little tough to find in stores, I generally just get it from Amazon. But it's a helpful home remedy for everything. Bioperine (ingredient in black pepper) is known as a potentiator for many things and will help digest kratom. And it helps w/ aches, pain, and circulation by itself. You might notice that most turmeric formulations come mixed with bioperine, otherwise it's not digested as well. So make sure any turmeric you get has bioperine too.

Also if kratom is gross to consume for you, consider mixing it with some OJ, put some honey and cinnamon in it, and maybe it'll go down easier. Honey and cinnamon have their own health benefits as well. And the citric acid in OJ does the work of digesting the plant matter and alkaloids for you, so it works better and is easier on your tumtum.

Wow marvelous tips!! Thank you very much. I’m about to hit up Amazon. I have been trying to remember the OJ combo to make it less nasty when I have powder form. I got capsules but is it better to get powder?? 🙏 thanks again

Np! For me capsules can get annoying cause you gotta eat a bunch and they hurt the throat. It took me a while to fully get my recipe together but powder and OJ is the best way to go in my opinion. Capsules can take a while to dissolve. But they are useful if you really can't get past the taste.

Don't forget to rotate strains + vendors for your kratom. Some strains just aren't as good for some people, and your body gets bored taking the same exact stuff after a while.

Okay. So another question. What strains/amounts have you sampled?? It would be super helpful thanks 😊

Ohhhhboy. All of them I think 😳 Haha not really but close enough.

Been taking it for 6 years regularly/daily. Aside from the couple year I was on H.

Typically the strains are named by the color of the vein and the region it comes from. And it can honestly vary so much. I would def look into reddit and other forums too.

A lot of people suggest red as it's supposed to be the most sedating, but I've personally found the greens to have a more euphoric, analgesic, and all encompassing buzz. They are my go to. Usually Green Hulu or Green Malay.

But if you do go Red, look for Borneo, Bali, and Horn. I believe those are the most effective reds.

White strains I really can't say I take them the least, but do remember liking the White Hulu and white elephant.

If you run into yellow or gold strains, I preferred the yellows. Yellow Vietnam is great. Like a warmer green.

Also, these days I'm working towards keeping it 16 grams a day total, split into 3 doses. I do a lot of mixing different types.

Hm. So today I think I did 5g three times. So 15g total. Maybe tomorrow I’ll cut back a bit. Or play around with a new strain. Lots of stuff to figure out!! (and I ordered black seed oil)

can you not call your doc, say you fucked up and get more? I don’t see how they’d mind, and wouldn’t leave you to withdrawal.

you have all the right comfort meds. if you need kratom on top of it, word. but throw that shit out the second you refill the subs.

edit: i would take the kratom on top of the other drugs. going through avoidable withdrawal is not healthy. but kratom is a stupid dirty drug. drop it and get back to schedule the second you have you subs back.

Last edited:
I doubt my doc would be cool- it just is a complicated situation. But good advice. And I literally just told my BF that I’m either going to continue with one or the other- not both. We will see how this week progresses. I appreciate the support. For real.

Harm reduction is complicated sometimes.

Np! For me capsules can get annoying cause you gotta eat a bunch and they hurt the throat. It took me a while to fully get my recipe together but powder and OJ is the best way to go in my opinion. Capsules can take a while to dissolve. But they are useful if you really can't get past the taste.

Don't forget to rotate strains + vendors for your kratom. Some strains just aren't as good for some people, and your body gets bored taking the same exact stuff after a while.

Aw man, and I’m sitting here tonight like, why does my throat hurt so much? Swallowing those damn pills probably. 😁 So grateful for all the good info @shroomyboom!!

Update: so I got screwed over at the shady-ass local head shop. I opened up the capsules bc they seemed light and they sure as hell were. So now I have learned the wisdom of buying powder. I got swindled!! Ah well. At least I know why I was feeling like taking another pill every three hours! Feeling pretty okay now except for some chills and stuff- normal WD shit. Feeling a little strung out and don’t know if it’s the strain, the WD from subs, or the combo. Tomorrow, off to get some OJ, cinnamon, and try that out. Black seed oil is in the mail. Open to any thoughts/suggestions...within reason! 😆