• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Schizophrenics taking LSD or PCP?

Not really, when I stayed up for that long or longer I literally had two voices in my mind discussing my thoughts and actions, they were just watching it all, and they were intelligent, confident and really seemed like entities of their own, they weren't at all random. Then I walked out to a windowed double door and saw this camera on top of a structure flash and take a photo of me. It was so convincing I couldn't believe it was happening. After sleeping that went away. Since then I was diagnosed schizophrenic and have never heard voices since or seen things, merely had disorganised thinking to the point of almost no mind being there, paranoia in public and an obsession with conspiracy thinking, and flat mood. That was all present before during and after the sleep deprivation.

Not really, when I stayed up for that long or longer I literally had two voices in my mind discussing my thoughts and actions, they were just watching it all, and they were intelligent, confident and really seemed like entities of their own, they weren't at all random. Then I walked out to a windowed double door and saw this camera on top of a structure flash and take a photo of me. It was so convincing I couldn't believe it was happening. After sleeping that went away. Since then I was diagnosed schizophrenic and have never heard voices since or seen things, merely had disorganised thinking to the point of almost no mind being there, paranoia in public and an obsession with conspiracy thinking, and flat mood. That was all present before during and after the sleep deprivation.
Well, that 1 event still doesn't qualify you for schizophrenia. You need to have an actual episode that lasts over a month (or was it 3 months even?). Other than that, sounds like schizophrenia with all the negative symptoms you're describing and the interest in conspiracy theories.

If you're really interested in the subject, read "LSD Psychotherapy" by Stanislav Grof. That book changed my life! I was fortunate enough to meet Dr. Grof several times at Esalen and in San Francisco/Marin.

Back in the 1950s, many researchers studied the alleged "model psychosis" brought about by LSD, but ended up having life-altering spiritual experiences instead. Stan Grof's book is probably the best on this subject.

I've taken LSD many times. I would never take PCP, though. Everyone seems to have "bad trips" on that stuff. LSD, on the hand, can change peoples' lives for the better. It certainly did mine. However, I really would NOT recommend that a schizophrenic individual ever take LSD, especially outside of a carefully-controlled environment and not under the supervision of a therapist. It sounds like that would be playing with fire. LSD is safe for most people, but I'd be very careful about giving it to anyone who truly suffers from schizophrenia.

If you're really interested in the subject, read "LSD Psychotherapy" by Stanislav Grof. That book changed my life! I was fortunate enough to meet Dr. Grof several times at Esalen and in San Francisco/Marin.
One of my psychotherapists recommended that to me. I ought to look into it.

A bad trip on PCP isn't anything like a bad trip on LSD, it's not as emotional, not as personal. You will feel right back on top once the effects wear off, while a bad acid trip often takes some time to process after the experience itself. PCP is just not very fun when you don't know what to expect. If you take it orally or intranasally it can last forever and since it isn't distributed on blotter or in pills, people tend to dose too high. While the confused state on LSD can be described as "funny", it's just "weird" on PCP. It's much easier to ride out a bad PCP experience like a boring dinner at your grandparents' place. So bottom line for me is, I'm much more scared of a bad trip on psychedelics than I am of a bad trip on dissociatives.

LSD might be a problem because it works on dopamine. Mushrooms don't work on dopamine, which could be why I've never had a bad mushroom experience despite my diagnosis.

Also there is this

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0063972#abstract0

Results

21,967 respondents (13.4% weighted) reported lifetime psychedelic use. There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems.

It's probably similar to a guy with cancer and herpes taking these drugs. They'll feel some of the effects exactly as you do, other effects might be less or more prominent, and there could be a totally unexpected effect due to physical differences in you and this guy, such as a tumor pushing on a part of the brain, or there could be a totally unexpected psychological reaction due to non-physical but learned habits or paradigm shifts that this guy might have had from his experience dealing with his medical issues.

A person with cancer, herpes, schizophrenic disorders, depression, and so on all process information a bit differently and will experience a perhaps similar but always unique experience because a person's genes and their life experiences plays a role in how they will react to every new stimuli, whether it's getting out of bed or dropping acid.

I've suffered from cold-sores on my face since I was a child, which of course means that I am carrying the herpes simplex virus.

I've certainly never heard of it having any kind of effect like this. Could you please elaborate? Thanks

Good thread. I have schizophrenia or bipolar and have taken dxm the past couple days as well as 5-HTP. Hopefully its not too detrimental. Couldn't be worse than a half gram of pure amp and 3.5g potent weed in a couple days.

Good thread. I have schizophrenia or bipolar and have taken dxm the past couple days as well as 5-HTP. Hopefully its not too detrimental. Couldn't be worse than a half gram of pure amp and 3.5g potent weed in a couple days.

mixing 5-htp and dxm can kill you (serotonin syndrome.) just take the dxm.

i'm diagnosed with schizophrenia and don't get bad effects from LSD and other 5ht2a psychedelics.

dissociatives i love but tend to get psycho criminal and shit on them, often end up arrested or sent to the psych ward.

the worst drug for my schizophrenia symptoms is far and away cannabis.

Everyone I've known who suffers schizophrenia has experienced episodes immediately after using psychedelics. I would strongly discourage those with schizophrenia of taking LSD or PCP if I have not said it before. That PLOS study apparently did not examine the severity of the course of the disease or the number of episodes experienced. More importantly don't do anything that might seriously harm your health just because someone else was fine doing it, especially not getting high, it simply ain't worth the risk.