Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Schizophrenics taking LSD or PCP?

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
This is a very legitimate question.

From a psychiatric, and pharmacological standpoint - what would happen if you gave someone with Schizophrenia LSD? What if you gave someone with Schizophrenia Phencyclidine? Lets say this person is a Paranoid Schizophrenic and they have very vivid, very real, hallucinations. Would it just exacerbate their existing condition (e.g more hallucinations?) or would they begin seeing colors and the works? What about PCP?

Discuss.

Have you checked Wikipedia?

Generally LSD is considered to exacerbate psychotic disorders. It kind of makes sense given the fact that a lot of antipsychotics produce their effects by blockade of 5HT2a. As a pretty strong mental stressor, it can often be a cause of precipitated psychosis in susceptible individuals, especially if the situation permits (low blood sugar, susceptibility to panic, bad social situations, disorientation etc)

http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1952-06431-001
"The effects of mescaline and lysergic acid were studied in schizophrenic patients. It was found that physiological changes were produced in these patients and that their mental symptomatology was markedly aggravated. The observations made with the above-mentioned drugs on normal individuals were compared with those seen in schizophrenic patients. Mescaline and lysergic acid are drugs that disorganize the psychic integration of a person. This disorganization is much more apparent in schizophrenics than in normals. The diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic use of these drugs is also discussed."

PCP (and other NMDA antagonists)... likewise for that. It is used as a "better" model for schizophrenia than LSD and the like, because it also produces the "negative" symptoms like memory loss and gait disturbance in addition to the "positive" hallucinatory symptoms.

Rhodium PCP Chemistry Review said:
PCP and its structural derivatives mimic the primary attention and cognition deficits of schizopherenia in normal individuals more closely than any other drug (ref. 6, 7). Administration of 0.1 mg/kg IV of PCP produces a predictable series of mental alterations that can be difficult to differentiate from true schizophrenia. These effects may include defective perceptual discrimination, concrete thinking, psychomotor retardation, distractibility, alteration of body image, loss of body boundaries, and a profound sense of unreality. LSD, on the other hand, more closely simulates the secondary symptoms of schizophrenia, such as hallucinations.

In the late 1950's, experiments were conducted on administration of PCP to schizophrenic patients. The results were striking. PCP was found to greatly intensify the thought disorders already present, and this effect could last from four to six weeks. This brings up a point that has become ingrained in the street lore surrounding PCP: that it can cause permanent insanity. Actually, PCP has been known to precipitate severe psychoses in individuals not previously diagnosed as schizophrenic. This situation has also been seen with amphetamine and LSD administration, where it is equally rare but still well documented. In these cases, it is likely that the drug unmasks a previously present but latent mental abnormality. In any event, the effects are definitely unpleasant for some people, and PCP should never be dispensed in a casual manner.

Of course in this day and age, medical ethics means we don't conduct too many studies on schizophrenics, in the interest of not totally cooking their brains alive.

It would not surprise me if usage of hallucinogens - NMDA antagonists and 5ht2a agonists, and to an extent amphetamine-type stimulants as well - would cause development of new symptoms in individuals known to be schizophrenic, or susceptible.

NSPD --> PD. This will get more exposure there.

Last edited:
Very interested in reading some further discussion on this topic.

I've kinda been observing a friend that has some form of bi-polar/manic depressive, GAD, and probably personality disorder with schizophrenic features, after he takes 25i or LSD it's seems like his schizo/anxiety gets really exacerbated during the uncomfortable come-up party. Especially if the dose was decently high and the visuals start to get intense. It takes him hours more and some lorazepam and gabapentin to get as comfortable as I was hours before. I always make sure I got some quetiapine or make sure he brought his Geodon or whatever if he wants to trip with me.

I can't babysit bi-polar 22 year old men that dive into psychedelia they can't handle! Especially if I'm tripping!

It needs pointing out that dissociatives are generally considered as much more dangerous for use by schizophrenics than psychedelics, they are more closely psychotomimetic and are more prone to evoke psychotic reactions in the susceptible.

Honestly schizophrenia is such a diverse illness that it could probably do a whole host of things. In totality, though, I'm confident in saying it would result in psychoses in most cases.

pcp is the worst idea though. you get high as fuck for like a week, even the sanest of people end up going batshit.

I have zero experience with pcp but have seen enough naked crazy people on cops to not be interested. The trip reports are wild as well. Doesn't seem worthwhile whether you have existing mental health issues or not really.

pcp is the worst idea though. you get high as fuck for like a week, even the sanest of people end up going batshit.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch this shit with a 10-foot pole. Especially since I can barely hold my shit together on 200 milligram of DXM.

Also, I've been known to get manic from time to time... It's probably a side-effect of being diagnosed with "Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic elements."... PCP is something that I should never try (not that I even want to).

Ask me specific questions (anyone) by PM if you have. I have studied and keep tabs on schizophrenia medical news, etc.

I have been with my mother who has had schizophrenia since I was born. I have seen her symptoms and illness progress and anxiety/depression and a spectrum of mental illnesses run in the family.

I myself have had psychotic episodes on high doses or binges of MDPV, 4-FMA and other stimulants.
I have also had psychotic episodes from sleep deprevation (while using drugs or not)
I have had what I feel to be a truly authentic psychotic experience on MXE and 3-MeO-PCP.

But! here's the important thing to understand here. Schizophrenia and Psychotic disorders are not a single mood or feeling. They are a spectrum of physical and mental issues. Hearing voices, seeing things that are "real" (not visual distortions like on psychedelics), feeling delusional or paranoid, and so forth are just some of the many effects a patient might have. In fact, any normal person who stays up for 4-5 days straight will experience "psychotic episodes"

The key thing to understand here is that shizophrenia and related disorders cause physical brain damage. Whether this damage is just a difference in the brains of schizophrenics vs healthy patients because schizophrenics were chronically stressed, or habitually chain smoked, or because they were taking antipsychotics, etc, is not that relevant to what you're trying to find an answer for.

What does a blind guy experience when he takes acid? Well, he'd trip balls. The visuals are just one part of the experience. A schizophrenic might have a blast on acid or ketamine and be completely normal before/during/after the party is over. Maybe they will not share the exact same experience as a "healthy" person and maybe these drugs have a higher chance of triggering some specific side effect that fits in the psychosis spectrum.

It's probably similar to a guy with cancer and herpes taking these drugs. They'll feel some of the effects exactly as you do, other effects might be less or more prominent, and there could be a totally unexpected effect due to physical differences in you and this guy, such as a tumor pushing on a part of the brain, or there could be a totally unexpected psychological reaction due to non-physical but learned habits or paradigm shifts that this guy might have had from his experience dealing with his medical issues.

A person with cancer, herpes, schizophrenic disorders, depression, and so on all process information a bit differently and will experience a perhaps similar but always unique experience because a person's genes and their life experiences plays a role in how they will react to every new stimuli, whether it's getting out of bed or dropping acid.

^^"what does a blind guy experience taking acid"

I never thought about that...but now, thinking about it, I wonder what that must be like. I know it's not the same thing but I remember tripping and closing my eyes n experiencing odd dream-like visuals--very intense, defined, and colorful. I wonder if they experience such things?

For what it's worth: I have schizoaffective disorder, and very much enjoy and feel that I can learn from LSD. I find the environment generated by psychedelics far, far more hospitable and edifying than that produced by psychosis. My LSD experiences were like night and day against my psychotic experiences. Both involved seeing things that were not there, but the similarities end there. There is so much acuity and insight on LSD. Psychosis smothers all approaches that your mind might make to acuity and insight.

I also like my dissociatives. If anything, they're even further away from the psychotic state, as they're that bit more "internal", if that makes sense. The one class of substance that I do not plan on ever touching is the deliriants.

The one class of substance that I do not plan on ever touching is the deliriants.

I've taken high doses of Diphenhydramine plenty of time (up in the 250 milligram range around 7 times). It's awful. I can't stand the restlessness it gives me, and heavy feeling all over my body. The one time I took and upwards of 600 milligrams... it was the scariest experience of my life. Gmen everywhere, creatures that I had only seen in my nightmares were running around everywhere - light was incredibly distorted, nothing made sense, I was paranoid out of my mind. I honestly thought I was going to die.

Not because I thought I had overdosed. In fact, I didn't even remember taking the stuff at that point. I was so psychotic that I didn't even know I was psychotic. It's the hardest thing to explain. Normally, I can tell the difference between a delusion, and reality. The delusion might bring on some paranoia - but I've learned to cope with it and I can now, pretty effectively, shrug that off. Same goes for my day-to-day visual distortions. It's pretty easy to tell what is real, and what isn't real (99% of the time).

But that was different. I was being yelled at by people that didn't exist. Hearing voices everywhere, seeing people everywhere. There were people I knew, people I didn't know, and tons of shit everywhere. There seemed to be vines all over the walls, spiders everywhere, etc. Eventually, I ended up in the ER and got an intravenous dose of an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, followed by 2 milligrams of Lorazepam. That pretty much ended the horrific event.

I suffered from what I thought was schizophrenia for quite some time. What it wound up being was a severe drug-induced psychosis via cannabis use (heavy). During this time, I gave up cannabis, and still had psychotic symptoms of hearing voices and delusional paranoid thoughts, hence the reason I was scared shitless that I had turned schizophrenic.

Anyway, during this time, I stupidly still indulged in drug use. I stopped cannabis, but still used DXM, Ketamine and mushroom among others; amphetamines of all kinds, and one class of drugs which I LOVE and think saved me. Anyway, my high during any of those drugs was exactly the same as they were before I had psychosis. All effects were the same as expected, however, they now involved those voices and delusions. So just think of the same high and effects, with the added inclusion of voices that seemed more realistic and persistent. They also would not leave, as long as my high was at a peak, there was no way to get rid of them (if they came on whilst sober, I could ignore them and it would go away after a while). Even when I tried to use cannabis again, the high is the same, but with added inclusion of psychotic symptoms.

It took a long while of cannabis abstinence, but sooner or later they got weaker and weaker, and I wound up forgetting about it, and now I do not hear voices or have delusions anymore (with the help of a therapist, no meds). I still can use any drug and do not experience any psychotic symptoms, but one puff of the green and I am off to the goose chases.

The one class of drugs which stopped any psychotic symptoms and helped me during this rough stage was; opiates.

They will usually trip like any other person, but their psychotic symptoms might be exacerbated, either worsening an existing episode or bringing on a new episode. People with schizophrenia who are unaware of their illness and have never expressed any symptoms also tend to show signs of schizophrenia during the trip. This does not always trigger an episode though. It seems that with single use, psychedelics are be more problematic than dissociatives, while chronic use of either substance class is a big no-no, which especially rings true for dissociatives in people with bipolar I disorder.

Now, in my personal experience, DMT seems to be an exception when it comes to psychedelics. I know quite a few schizophrenics who have consumed DMT both during and outside of an episode and have been fine. Interestingly enough, many claim that DMT calms their mind when used during an episode (e.g. no more voices or other positive symptoms), with the improvement lasting several days. Nonetheless, I strongly advise people with schizophrenia to abstain from all types of psychedelics and dissociatives.

I have been "Officially Diagnosed" by multiple psychiatrists in the past 3-4 years as having Bi-Polar Disorder as well as Schizophrenia, including full blown hearing voices, having visuals when not on any drugs at all, etc. I've experienced a wide variety of what are considered Schizophrenic symptoms - and more than anything else, I realize now that I've been diagnosed that this was ALL present BEFORE I started doing ANY psychedelics or even smoking weed. I never touched a drug prior to age 19. I turn 30 in 2 months. When I think back on how I USED to think internally when I was 10 or 11, 15 or 16 - my train of thought, method to the madness.........it's always been the same. I used to hear voices as a teenager telling me to kill my family, or my father at least - I was raised religious and chose to see the "Voices" as the devil trying pull me away from "The Light of Christ". These 2 disorders together are fucking bizarre - when Sober, I'm a pretty big asshole/crazy person. I can fly off the handle at anytime, get violent if pushed too far, curse out my own mother - I've done a lot of fucked up shit that I couldn't control no matter how hard I tried. As crazy as I'm about to sound - Psychedelics, first DXM, then LSD really helped me dive into my internal world and work some shit out. I still have these problems and deal with them on a daily basis - but my trips and tripping on a regular basis for the past 10 years have taught me how to WORK WITH my Illness instead of trying to fight it. You have to learn to ACCEPT that you ARE multiple people inside of one body, like it or not, scary or not. Psychs/Dissociatives have helped me learn to love myself for who I am, and they have SERIOUSLY helped chill me out, really taking away some tendencies towards violence that I've had for my entire life.
I feel more at home on PCP and more like myself, than I do when I'm 100% Sober, and that is the honest truth. I love DXM, MXE, Ketamine, PCP, 3-MeO-PCP - as well as LSD, DMT - I'm not a huge Mushroom fan. They take me to a bizarre land where I do NOT feel like myself, nor do I like the person that I feel like. I've had some FUCKED up trips on Mushrooms, even with Xanex administered to take the edge off. Psilocybin REALLY fucks with my disorders and my head in general. That doesn't mean it's going to be like that for every single person with these disorders tho, so don't be scared, just be safe and keep some quality benzo's around whilst tripping - you'll be fine. Meditation has really helped me learn to calm my mind as well - as I absolutely REFUSE to take any form of Medication for my disorders. I've tried a few when first diagnosed when I was younger and hated how they made me feel. I've tried Depakote, and Lithium. I hated them both and stopped ASAP after giving them a fair trial. Honestly, as one other guy mentioned, smoking Weed, especially really potent nuggets, fucks up my Schizophrenia/Bi-Polar Disorder more than ANY OTHER DRUG. Straight up, and I LOVE weed. I've had to quit smoking to stay sane now tho, even tho I really enjoy kicking back with a box of blunts and my favorite music. I have started to form a hypothesis about Dissociative's and Schizophrenia tho.............................
I feel like Dissociatives may be a magical helper for Schizophrenics to be able to learn about their disorder from a neutral, third party point of view. My life, my mind, and who I am are SO much more composed and put together when on a Dissociative compared to when I'm sober. I feel a good comparison is the difference's between when someone diagnosed as having severe ADD or ADHD versus someone who doesn't have it or is only slightly ADD or ADHD takes something like Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate for the 1st time. Usually the person who does NOT have the disorder becomes very energetic and talkative, completely unable or uninterested in focusing on anything - versus the person who has severe ADD or ADHD who takes medication for the 1st time, and they're actually able to sit down for the first time in their life it feels like and actually get some shit done! That was how I felt the first time I took Adderall - as I've also been diagnosed with ADD since age 15, although I've never taken medication regularly. I used to be straight edge during my teen years and refused to be properly medicated as I felt that made me "A Pussy" and i could deal with it on my own. Jump forward 15 years and I wish I would've swallowed my pride back then and gave medications a go - as the first drug that I took regularly that I felt helped my variety of disorders was Marijuana. That help was very short lived and honestly, other than Opiates - Marijuana is the worst drug for me to take. I'm getting off topic - sorry.
Anyways...........I've noticed that Dissociatives give me that same/similar feeling that I got for my ADD the first time I took Adderall - but it's when I take MXE, Ketamine, 3-MeO-PCP or DXM for my Schizophrenia. It doesn't make me even MORE Schizophrenic - if anything the only way I can describe the feeling is as a breath of fresh air. Mental Relaxation FINALLY! I spend my life inside of my own self created virtual world, stuck inside my head 24hrs a day for the past 29 years. When I take Dissociatives, I feel the way I WISH I felt when I was Sober. If that's how normal people get to feel when Sober - I get why most people don't understand folks inspirations for taking drugs and fucking themselves up - or just getting high in general. If I was to find myself stuck in a permanent MXE or DXM trip - I honestly can't say that I would be bummed or frightened - only happy and willing to be enlightened. I think this class of drugs could be the "Magic Bullet" that all Schizophrenics wish they were able to locate from time to time. I would absolutely LOVE to see more research into this field and feel that it could show us some VERY SURPRISING and PROMISING results. I've become very passionate about these compounds, partially because I am "addicted" to them in a way - but more of in a way someone get's addicted to weed. I just like the changes they make in my brain. They make me feel like a Human Being for once. I've spent my life feeling like anything BUT a Human Being if that makes sense. Don't write Psychedelics/Dissociatives off as being a potential tool to help people with mental illnesses in the future. They could be PRECISELY what people with my diagnosis have been needing - we've just been too scared and apprehensive to look into the field or class of compounds and give them a go. LET'S START THE RESEARCH! I'm 100% willing to be a Test Subject.
If anyone has particular questions, feel free to ask away. I'm willing to answer questions about my disorders, or my experiences with these drugs since my diagnosis - whatever you may find helpful. I wish you all the best. Take care.

I have been "Officially Diagnosed" by multiple psychiatrists in the past 3-4 years as having Bi-Polar Disorder as well as Schizophrenia, including full blown hearing voices, having visuals when not on any drugs at all, etc. I've experienced a wide variety of what are considered Schizophrenic symptoms - and more than anything else, I realize now that I've been diagnosed that this was ALL present BEFORE I started doing ANY psychedelics or even smoking weed. I never touched a drug prior to age 19. I turn 30 in 2 months. When I think back on how I USED to think internally when I was 10 or 11, 15 or 16 - my train of thought, method to the madness.........it's always been the same. I used to hear voices as a teenager telling me to kill my family, or my father at least - I was raised religious and chose to see the "Voices" as the devil trying pull me away from "The Light of Christ". These 2 disorders together are fucking bizarre - when Sober, I'm a pretty big asshole/crazy person. I can fly off the handle at anytime, get violent if pushed too far, curse out my own mother - I've done a lot of fucked up shit that I couldn't control no matter how hard I tried. As crazy as I'm about to sound - Psychedelics, first DXM, then LSD really helped me dive into my internal world and work some shit out. I still have these problems and deal with them on a daily basis - but my trips and tripping on a regular basis for the past 10 years have taught me how to WORK WITH my Illness instead of trying to fight it. You have to learn to ACCEPT that you ARE multiple people inside of one body, like it or not, scary or not. Psychs/Dissociatives have helped me learn to love myself for who I am, and they have SERIOUSLY helped chill me out, really taking away some tendencies towards violence that I've had for my entire life.
I feel more at home on PCP and more like myself, than I do when I'm 100% Sober, and that is the honest truth. I love DXM, MXE, Ketamine, PCP, 3-MeO-PCP - as well as LSD, DMT - I'm not a huge Mushroom fan. They take me to a bizarre land where I do NOT feel like myself, nor do I like the person that I feel like. I've had some FUCKED up trips on Mushrooms, even with Xanex administered to take the edge off. Psilocybin REALLY fucks with my disorders and my head in general. That doesn't mean it's going to be like that for every single person with these disorders tho, so don't be scared, just be safe and keep some quality benzo's around whilst tripping - you'll be fine. Meditation has really helped me learn to calm my mind as well - as I absolutely REFUSE to take any form of Medication for my disorders. I've tried a few when first diagnosed when I was younger and hated how they made me feel. I've tried Depakote, and Lithium. I hated them both and stopped ASAP after giving them a fair trial. Honestly, as one other guy mentioned, smoking Weed, especially really potent nuggets, fucks up my Schizophrenia/Bi-Polar Disorder more than ANY OTHER DRUG. Straight up, and I LOVE weed. I've had to quit smoking to stay sane now tho, even tho I really enjoy kicking back with a box of blunts and my favorite music. I have started to form a hypothesis about Dissociative's and Schizophrenia tho.............................
I feel like Dissociatives may be a magical helper for Schizophrenics to be able to learn about their disorder from a neutral, third party point of view. My life, my mind, and who I am are SO much more composed and put together when on a Dissociative compared to when I'm sober. I feel a good comparison is the difference's between when someone diagnosed as having severe ADD or ADHD versus someone who doesn't have it or is only slightly ADD or ADHD takes something like Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate for the 1st time. Usually the person who does NOT have the disorder becomes very energetic and talkative, completely unable or uninterested in focusing on anything - versus the person who has severe ADD or ADHD who takes medication for the 1st time, and they're actually able to sit down for the first time in their life it feels like and actually get some shit done! That was how I felt the first time I took Adderall - as I've also been diagnosed with ADD since age 15, although I've never taken medication regularly. I used to be straight edge during my teen years and refused to be properly medicated as I felt that made me "A Pussy" and i could deal with it on my own. Jump forward 15 years and I wish I would've swallowed my pride back then and gave medications a go - as the first drug that I took regularly that I felt helped my variety of disorders was Marijuana. That help was very short lived and honestly, other than Opiates - Marijuana is the worst drug for me to take. I'm getting off topic - sorry.
Anyways...........I've noticed that Dissociatives give me that same/similar feeling that I got for my ADD the first time I took Adderall - but it's when I take MXE, Ketamine, 3-MeO-PCP or DXM for my Schizophrenia. It doesn't make me even MORE Schizophrenic - if anything the only way I can describe the feeling is as a breath of fresh air. Mental Relaxation FINALLY! I spend my life inside of my own self created virtual world, stuck inside my head 24hrs a day for the past 29 years. When I take Dissociatives, I feel the way I WISH I felt when I was Sober. If that's how normal people get to feel when Sober - I get why most people don't understand folks inspirations for taking drugs and fucking themselves up - or just getting high in general. If I was to find myself stuck in a permanent MXE or DXM trip - I honestly can't say that I would be bummed or frightened - only happy and willing to be enlightened. I think this class of drugs could be the "Magic Bullet" that all Schizophrenics wish they were able to locate from time to time. I would absolutely LOVE to see more research into this field and feel that it could show us some VERY SURPRISING and PROMISING results. I've become very passionate about these compounds, partially because I am "addicted" to them in a way - but more of in a way someone get's addicted to weed. I just like the changes they make in my brain. They make me feel like a Human Being for once. I've spent my life feeling like anything BUT a Human Being if that makes sense. Don't write Psychedelics/Dissociatives off as being a potential tool to help people with mental illnesses in the future. They could be PRECISELY what people with my diagnosis have been needing - we've just been too scared and apprehensive to look into the field or class of compounds and give them a go. LET'S START THE RESEARCH! I'm 100% willing to be a Test Subject.
If anyone has particular questions, feel free to ask away. I'm willing to answer questions about my disorders, or my experiences with these drugs since my diagnosis - whatever you may find helpful. I wish you all the best. Take care.
Thanks for this! I'm pretty sure that you are an exception here with what you are describing. This is the first time I've heard someone with schizophrenia praise PCP the way you do. I have a bipolar 1 diagnosis and a single dose of PCP can make me manic. I've also known quite a few psychotic dissociative users, none of whom seemed to benefit from their use, neither on their own account, nor from what I could tell by observing the effects. This is not saying I wouldn't be glad that it works for you. Just be sure it doesn't increase progressing of your illness.
Btw I'm curious why you aren't diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, any idea on that?

The implication of 5HT2A in schizophrenia has diminished over time, and at this point there are mixed results with quite a strong negative leaning - http://www.szgene.org/geneoverview.asp?geneid=293 - it is just one researcher "Williams" with the sheer bulk of positive associations, the rest are negative.

Solian, told by my psychiatrist to be one of the most effective atypical antipsychotics, has no clinically significant action at ANY serotonin receptors, it works almost entirely on dopamine. Seroquel is also an effective atypical antipsychotic with a very low affinity for 5HT2A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atypical_antipsychotic#Binding_Profile

Most of the atypicals block 5HT2A and are 30% effective but this might just be one way of getting to the core of the problem? It just turns off a receptor that is involved in the same vague category 'hallucinations' and 'bizarre thoughts' and in a minority of cases causes symptoms of schizophrenia to alleviate.

Personally I find the mushroom experience has nothing at all to do with the experience of schizophrenia.

It was cannabis that gave me my first psychotic episode, a substance that works primarily on dopamine receptors, not serotonin or 5HT2A.

It was cannabis that gave me my first psychotic episode, a substance that works primarily on dopamine receptors, not serotonin or 5HT2A.

Cannabis also gave me my very first episode and I remember it vividly. Did your psychotic symptoms diminish after cessation of cannabis?

I've had a psychotic break induced by LSD, but it was from taking too much too often, and usually toward the end of the trip when malnutrition set in. I was trying to keep up with a friend whose body recovers faster than mine from psychedelic use and that was a big mistake. Your neurons can only take so much agonism before you start to get a little looney. In my case I was already dosing too often when I accidentally took too much, and that particular trip sent me into orbit for a month or more. The only way I was able to function in the the day to day world was because I had a friend who checked in on me once a day, and my work responsibilities were mercifully decreased around that time. During that time, relating to other people was very difficult... de-realization was heavy. It was hard to tell the difference between reality and something that my imagination idly manifested. Scary times.

LSD is a tricky substance because if you're not careful you can be drawn into various delusions about the 'secrets of the universe' and what not. Mind you, it does reveal a great deal of truth. You just have to practice keen discernment and give yourself plenty of time to process your trip in between experiences. People who are dependent on it remain in a certain state are treading into dangerous territory. For me, LSD is best used to increase novelty and explore possibilities, but I always keep in mind that it's an illusion.