⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Scariest Films Ever?

The Saw films are great.

I don't care if they are commercial. They are original and well-done.

Donny Don't said:
The Ring.....gave me nightmares for a week.

I'll admit, the premise of film is pretty damn scary. Supposedly the Japanese version is far better (Ringu?), but I never got around to seeing it.

atlas said:
...at least the first one was original

Well, obviously the first one was more original than the others. :D

I just think the idea of a "serial-killer" who doesn't actually kill, rather subjects his victims to horrifying "tests of survival" is about as frightening as it gets. Picturing yourself in one of those situations that Jigsaw created is the stuff nightmares are made of.

not exactly as up front a theme, but se7en was like that too.

speaking of which... se7en.

SonOF said:
Picturing yourself in one of those situations that Jigsaw created is the stuff nightmares are made of.
i agree - putting oneself in their place makes it chilling.

one of the most horrific movies i've ever seen - because of the idea of placing myself in the same situation - is touching the void.

by no means a classic horror flick but, to me, quite terrifying.

alasdair

Your favorite scary/horror/suspense movies?

What are your guy's favorite scary/horror/suspense/etc movies?

The Shining (1980) and The Innocents are probably my two favourites.

don't like them but
alien is a masterpiece of suspense
brain dead (dead alive) was pretty awesome

the original texas chainsaw massacre

most recent one i saw that i liked was Drag me to Hell

When I was little and alone (everyone asleep napping) in my house I watched this movie called "The Gate" and it freaked me out so badly. At the end of it I looked up through the skylight above me and I swear the clouds were racing at an incredible speed. Anyone else see this movie?
Hellraiser series might be my favorite :D

Its tough for me to actually get genuinely freaked out by movies. However one movie was so disturbing and gory that I had to turn away multiple times.

THE HILLS HAVE EYES

Seriously seriously fucked up movie.

When I was little and alone (everyone asleep napping) in my house I watched this movie called "The Gate" and it freaked me out so badly.

LOL I was just thinking about that movie before I scrolled down and saw your post. It seemed so scary to me too when I was little. Here are my faves:

~~The Exorcist (one of my favorite movies of any genre)

~~The last house on the left (remake, INTENSE, brutal and realistic)

~~Hellraiser (The first one. It was so scary when I was little. I still think it's really good. There is something evil and slimy about it that stays with you)

~~Martyrs (This movie was so brutal and horrifying I never could watch it again-that says it all because I'm not too sensitive. I don't regret watching it once though... it was a mindfuck)

~~Event Horizon (Yes! Awesome awesome Awesome)

~~The Blair Witch Project (Why do so many people dislike this movie? This is another one of my all time favorite movies. I love the way its filmed and the acting. I also love anything having to do with being lost in the woods. Such a nightmare)

~~The Hills Have Eyes (This movie was scary as fuck! Felt real. Nightmarish. They did a good job remaking this, I saw it three times at the theater, lol)

~~Wrong Turn (lol, not really scary but I love this movie for some reason. Cheesy and predictable but I truly enjoyed the adventure. Maybe it's just because Eliza Dushku (sp??) is so hot)

jacob's ladder
and
the exorcist

that is all

also note: horror =/= thriller. they are very different genres actually.