• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

safety "rule" for 25x-NBOME, 2C-x, and DOx

When you say they dosed you "with a puddle in your hand" what exactly do you mean - They poured a liquid into your hand I would assume?
You then did what with it - slurped it up and swallowed it? Kept it in your mouth? Snorted it? NBOMe is not orally active at all, so you would have had to snort it or hold it in your mouth for a while

Being told that it was "orange sunshine from the 70s" combined with the above leads me to wonder just how you came to the conclusion you were given 25i, or any NBOMe for that matter..

I don't mean to be a dick, I really don't, but stories like this grind my gears because you're just spreading misguided ignorance.

My friend who was neighbors with the guy at the forest bought a vile of it, took it home and we got it tested... Thats how I KNOW FOR SURE WHAT IT WAS bud. Sorry I wasn't clear... It was seeping into my hand so I did slurp it up right away but I had cotton mouth like a mother fucker so it did stay in my mouth. I know for a fact it stayed in my mouth because I had a shitty ass taste in it for a while. That's how I knew it wasn't L right away because it had a garbage taste just like every other shitty research chem. I feel bad for douches who stick up for these chems, I think your pretty misguided because you eat these dirty chemicals or you cant find the good ones.... Stick to REAL drugs dude, trust me..... Maybe you wont fry your brain... HAHAHAHAHA STICK UP FOR DIRTY RESEARCH CHEMS! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUD! :) Eat family fluff lsd, that will change your mind forever. You will probably never come across Fluff or know what it is in your network. Your probably one of those dealers that passes those cheap ass designer drugs off as Lsd and Molly, In fact, I know you are since your so but hurt when I talk bad about them lol. you deserve to be dosed with a sheet of that shit, see how that makes you feel about 25i haha! Ive done my research, TRUST ME. None of what I said was "misguided ignorance"

I know you're not, but I'm simply trying to point out that you can't use the fact that you saw these substances mentioned in a
This article literally gives no information at all. Just man died, supposedly consumed 25i.

In all of these cases, if 25i is the true culprit, the main cause of death is massive amounts of user ignorance and negligence. I mean, most of them dont even make sense at all, but they clearly werent taking measured doses, nor does it sound like they had any idea what they were doing at all and were just looking to get fucked up at any cost.

I mean.. clearly, this isnt the worlds safest compound, but neither is really any compound if you don't put any thought to it and just wildly take it without regard..

LSD is safe. You can take hundreds of thousands of hits at once without dyeing. There have been no reported medical deaths from LSD ever. Stick with the real shit! NBOMES may be a lot lot cheaper. Its worth the extra buck for the real shit. And it doesnt fry your brain. Everyone is effected differently by these compounds. All of my friends at the festival had the same amount as me and none of them were effected like I was. Its a gamble...

The only safety rule to RC's.. is don't do them. :(:(

Exactly! They are called "research chemicals" for a reason... We are the Guinea pigs.. Why are people so hung up on fighting for these compounds? They suck... Have fun not knowing the long term effects your causing yourself. I guess someone has to be the guinea pig... Be my guest! Everyone is effected differently, depends on the person really. It doesn't matter if the dose is correct or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! They are called "research chemicals" for a reason... We are the Guinea pigs.. Why are people so hung up on fighting for these compounds? They suck... Have fun not knowing the long term effects your causing yourself. I guess someone has to be the guinea pig... Be my guest! Everyone is effected differently, depends on the person really. It doesn't matter if the dose is correct or not.

Actually they aren't called 'research chemicals' by anyone other than you and vendors who use the phrase for an entirely different reason. I call them n,benzyl phenethylamines and I very much enjoy taking informed and responsible doses of these compounds (well not 25i because i find it too speedy for me), and it isn't because I don't have access to 'clean drugs' (whatever that means).

Basically your argument is a clear example of circular reasoning. The definition 'RC' is a drug that you consider to be bad (for whatever reason) and you advise to stay away from them because 'RC's are bad'.

In actual fact 'research chemical' is just a vendor euphemism for 'I'm not responsible if you put this in your mouth'. This is not said because anybody considers these compounds to be any safer or more dangerous than any other substance but because it would be illegal to sell them unless they were presented as for non-consumptive use. Basically all 'RC' means is quasi-legal and if you think that illegality offers some sort of guarantee of safety, you're completely deluded.

I think it's really sad that you were conned into taking a massive overdose of NBOMe and I hope you fully recover in time (although I have to mention that your decision to take it was utterly stupid and gullible). But that doesn't give you the right to vilify its safe use anymore than if I suffered liver damage from taking 25 Tylenol and am now preaching against your decision to take two pills for a headache.

Now I'm off to find some 'family fluff'. Apparently it can be obtained in a country called Atlantis :)

Last edited:
Posts (including Seni's) about 2C-P were moved to the centralized thread for discussion on that compounds HERE.

My friend who was neighbors with the guy at the forest bought a vile of it, took it home and we got it tested... Thats how I KNOW FOR SURE WHAT IT WAS bud. Sorry I wasn't clear...

I believe you actually had it tested just as much as I believe the news articles which confirmed pills tested at 25i

I feel bad for douches who stick up for these chems, I think your pretty misguided because you eat these dirty chemicals or you cant find the good ones.... Stick to REAL drugs dude, trust me..... Maybe you wont fry your brain... HAHAHAHAHA STICK UP FOR DIRTY RESEARCH CHEMS! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUD! :)

Its not about sticking up for the drugs themselves. Its more about pointing out the stupidity and ignorance of the (ab)user who ended up having a bad time and then wants to denounce the substance entirely. More on that later.

Eat family fluff lsd, that will change your mind forever. You will probably never come across Fluff or know what it is in your network.

Oh boy.

Your probably one of those dealers that passes those cheap ass designer drugs off as Lsd and Molly, In fact, I know you are since your so but hurt when I talk bad about them lol. you deserve to be dosed with a sheet of that shit, see how that makes you feel about 25i haha!

Actually no I am not a dealer. I'm your average working blue/semi-white collar north american who works hard for his living and enjoys learning and exploring in my 'off' time. I have a strong distaste for people who pass these drugs off as others, especially shit like 25i as acid when you know people are going to take multiple hits.

I deserve to be dosed with a sheet of 25i because I think its an enjoyable substance when used responsibly at self-established doses? You are something else.

Ive done my research, TRUST ME. None of what I said was "misguided ignorance"

Everything you've spouted off is pure ignorance. You are the poster child for the type of person bluelight and anyone in the responsible drug use community hates.

LSD is safe. You can take hundreds of thousands of hits at once without dyeing. There have been no reported medical deaths from LSD ever. Stick with the real shit!

Yes, you won't physically die after taking an excessive amount of hits at once. You can still snap into a permanent psychosis or end up with permanent HPPD effects though, just as you could after only one hit. You're right there haven't been any recorded deaths as a direct result of toxic effects from LSD. However, go back to the 60s and there sure were plenty.. interested no? They were later all deemed propaganda bullshit, and I quite honestly believe a large number of the news stories today about 25i et al to be entirely made up shit as well.

Your statement "stick with the real shit" implies that I (and others) are somehow on a hunt for an LSD replacement.. This is not the case at all for myself and a number of people here. There are always going to be those who just want to get high off of whatever they can get their hands on and may choose this stuff as a replacement, but for a large number of us here we enjoy the experimenting and feeling out the differences and intricacies of these newer compounds, heck there are even some who prefer 25i to the likes of LSD. Amazing no?

You mentioned "Molly" before, does this mean you use it? Would you go and take 20 pills of molly at once? Probably not right? Why? Because you know you'd probably die or at the very least end up in the hospital. I point this out because it highlights the hypocrisy in your case for LSD being "the real shit" or "better." I personally don't judge the qualitiy of a substance based on my ability to take a massive overdose and live. This is such a flawed argument its not even funny.

And it doesnt fry your brain. Everyone is effected differently by these compounds. All of my friends at the festival had the same amount as me and none of them were effected like I was. Its a gamble...

25i won't 'fry your brain' either if you use it responsibly. Yes everyone is effected different by these, and really any compound. As I said, I feel for what you've gone through, its a really shitty thing to be passed off something as something else, but the way you come in here and denounce 25i as a whole and the way which you do it is absolutely asinine. You wouldn't get into a sports car, floor the pedal, close your eyes, and then when you got into an accident after go around to everyone you know denouncing sports cars as shit. Do I need to explain the metaphor to you?

I mentioned you before as the poster child for the type of people responsible drug users hate, and I say this because even if the substance you took was LSD, you would wildly and blindly just take a completely unknown amount from someone? Seriously? No 25i is not for drug users like you, not in the slightest, and its people like you just as much as it is people who pass off stuff as other shit who make drugs like 25i dangerous. Most of us here who take substances like these do so because it interests them, the chemistry, how novel the compound is, the fact that they're testing new waters and opening new possibilities, being the first and yes 'guinea pigs'.. I personally think no matter how you want to twist it, drug use is recreational and in many ways escapist even if you are using it for introspection and healing, but a lot of us don't just use drugs as a whole to get "high as fuck" without bounds. To many it is a hobby to be part of this community, to share experiences and guide others along safely.

25i has a steep response curve and things can go bad if you don't respect the compound.. it has shown to have a much smaller margin for error which I suppose makes it more inclined towards danger. I don't like the term dangerous because Tylenol can be dangerous, but you respect the limits of dose and stay within a safety threshold.

Personally while I enjoyed it, I wouldn't go giving it to any of my friends unless they took the time to establish that it was safe for them as well. I had a perfectly intense trip at 800ug, which is actually quite a lot less than some users were taking, I can only imagine if I jumped in at their doses my first time.. but no, I took a small ~50ug test, then 400ug, and then 800ug. People here will even chastise me for making such an abrupt jump from 400ug-800ug.

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the drug or say its perfectly safe at any obscene dosage and it should be freely passed around and distributed as other shit.. just the dangers in proper dosing are one reason why I am personally totally against free distribution, I dont think a lot of people have the intellect to use something that can be so powerful and that goes for people like your friends 'neighbour' at the festival you were at, as well as you since you're the kind of person who just blindly takes unknown quantities of unknown substances.

LSD is safe. You can take hundreds of thousands of hits at once without dyeing. [...] doesn't fry your brain.

There have been plenty of "acid casualties" who suffered psychological damage from LSD experiences. Essentially the only reason that LSD has not had a human overdose fatality is because of the staggering rarity and closely guarded nature of "raw" LSD, combined with the few actual severe overdose being followed up by prompt medical care.

In the 70s there was a famous incident where several people snorted large amounts of very pure LSD. Some of them were bleeding uncontrollably, vomiting, or otherwise in a state that they wouldn't have survived long without medical intervention. Had these people not presented to a hospital they would have most certainly been some of the first recorded overdose fatalities, as the case reports details e.g. aspiration of vomit, and some people required intubation. That does not sound like a "totally safe drug" to me. In fact - sounds a bit like the effects of a NBOMe overdose.

Now, imagine if high purity LSD was much more widely accessible. Would it not be a reasonable assumption that someone would eventually die from causes ascribed to LSD ingestion?

25i has a steep response curve and things can go bad if you don't respect the compound.. it has shown to have a much smaller margin for error which I suppose makes it more inclined towards danger. I don't like the term dangerous because Tylenol can be dangerous, but you respect the limits of dose and stay within a safety threshold.

Personally while I enjoyed it, I wouldn't go giving it to any of my friends unless they took the time to establish that it was safe for them as well. I had a perfectly intense trip at 800ug, which is actually quite a lot less than some users were taking, I can only imagine if I jumped in at their doses my first time.. but no, I took a small ~50ug test, then 400ug, and then 800ug. People here will even chastise me for making such an abrupt jump from 400ug-800ug.

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the drug or say its perfectly safe at any obscene dosage and it should be freely passed around and distributed as other shit.. just the dangers in proper dosing are one reason why I am personally totally against free distribution, I dont think a lot of people have the intellect to use something that can be so powerful and that goes for people like your friends 'neighbour' at the festival you were at, as well as you since you're the kind of person who just blindly takes unknown quantities of unknown substances.

These compounds are made in Chinese laboratories. Who knows what is in each batch? Most of the chemicals, when tested are proportionally different throughout the mixture. In other words, they have little "hot spots" where theres insanely high concentrations in some spots in the powder and less in others. Just doesn't seem safe to me at all even if you are dosing them out "correctly." Especially if there has been no research on the long term effects of these drugs.

All my friends were talking it up, "best visuals ever man, try it, try it." I was worried about getting dosed with a research chemical too and I even mentioned it to the guy and my friends. I was like "its not a research chem, right?" "I can't handle that" He was like, nah man, super good orange sunshine from the 70's, real clean. He seemed like a really cool hippie, like an old dead head or something. Bad judgement on my part. I was always the one out of my fam afraid of taking bad stuff and of coarse I'm the one that gets Od'ed.

I have to deal with the "demon ROC" attitude from my circle of friends on a daily basis. at this point I find it funny cause I have better chems then they do, oh and I have more then legit sources for "reap drugs" too lol at some people

*edit* double lol at drugs from the 70s, every time I've heard something like this ita either been bunk or shit

These compounds are made in Chinese laboratories. Who knows what is in each batch? Most of the chemicals, when tested are proportionally different throughout the mixture. In other words, they have little "hot spots" where theres insanely high concentrations in some spots in the powder and less in others. Just doesn't seem safe to me at all even if you are dosing them out "correctly." Especially if there has been no research on the long term effects of these drugs.

No. I've had plenty of different RCs and this has never happened to me. Don't blame your friend's retarded drug knowledge on RC's as a whole. They overdosed you, not the enterprisers from China. I would bet that less than 10% of RC's sold are cut with something and have hotspots like you suggest, and I would bet most of those come from the same source. The fix? Use SoS and make sure your source isn't a piece of shit! Honestly dude, don't spread lies like this. You've been reading too much about how fentanyl-analogs and nbomes are cut... it just doesn't happen in the scene but rarely and most nbome IS NOT CUT.

You wanna have a serious discussion about this, we will. Give me your concerns.

Are we talking about NBOMes specifically here because I've no idea what you classify as research chemicals and what you don't. Also I assume that what can be said about Mephedrone purity levels won't hold true when taking about 2c-d for instance.

Yes they are made in china, is that a bad thing? If so why? Most of the batches of NBOMes that I have seen tested appear to be pretty pure. There was apparently a batch of 25b which was cut 50/50 with glucose but other than that, I haven't seen any evidence of significant impurities. Have you? Or were you hoping that an unfounded declaration might support your argument.

Can you also explain how a liquid (in your case) could have "insanely high concentrations in some spots". Isn't the definition of solution when the solute is spread evenly thought the solvent? Do NBOMes have magical powers which prevent entropy from occurring?

I had this happen Johhnya541

Johhnya541 ....I'd like to talk to you, I had an EXTREMELY similar case to the first story you told of the Electric Forest 2012 weekend. ...(316)832-8420 ....it gets better as time goes on, I had all the same symptoms and all the same diagnosis as your story. ...I literally thought I was reading my own story that I try to forget everyday....and the music stuck in your head all day goes away, your speech improves....and social skills also.....honestly I'd like to talk to you because I feel like it would help me to know someone else out there went through what I did....and possibly I could help you

tell you what....ive read a bunch of this and that, well it MAY and it MAYBE

facts are facts peeps...nbome is a fuct up drug that someone is making money off of, and it is dangerous.....disturbingly so.....

LSD been around for 40 years

this stuff for what, 6 years? and so many ill effects?

the problem is people are easily obtaining and not all those folks know what they have....and then go ahead and give it to others being not informed with what they are giving

i am well versed in psychs, but i wouldn't touch this stuff with a 10 foot pole, and as mush acid as i ate back in the 90's at dead shows, i SURE AS FUCK am glad this stuff wasn't there

Last edited by a moderator: