European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Russel Brand... your thoughts?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
Is he a lecherous creep or someone who's crossed the establishment too many times?

It didn't take channel 4 news more than an hour of the news breaking before they were suggesting he's a paedophile.

I'm not a fan of Russel Brand and his acting the goat type comedy to be honest, he makes me cringe, but it seems a bit sketchy still, he came out before the allegations even broke claiming it to be bullshit.

Brand is a self confessed ex drug and sex addict. He's joked about this alot in his stand up in the past. Now I see the media using clips from his stand up acts where he's joking about the later, as if it's evidence against him.

He does seem to be quite touchy feely. But I get the sense this could be a witch hunt, with how hard the media's going in on him straight away. They didnt go as hard with Ghislane Maxwell as what they've gone here, very quickly.

What does EADD say, is he a hero for fighting against the establishment, or a nonce who's who's hiding in plain sight for years?

I wouldn't be that surprised if the whole story has been orchestrated in some way by the MSM to attempt discredit Brand or outright bring him down. It could end up being similar in some ways as to what happened to Jeremy Corbyn, who was destroyed by a viscous and concerted campaign by the MSM.

What does anyone know about the women that have made these allegations against Brand?

His staunchly anti-establishment youtube channel now has 6.5 million followers and has been growing very quickly.

Voices like his must be of concern to the establishment, not only because of the size of his following, but because his analysis does ring true on many levels, with content that is articulate, consistent, fact backed, meaning that he can't be simply discredited as a 'conspiracy theorist crackpot'. He has credibility because imo he avoids the more lunatic statements, assertions, and opinions, that sometimes undermines the credibilty of someone of similar views such as Neil Oliver, who does sometimes take some bad miss-steps and strays into 'conspiracy theorist loon' territory on his GB News platform.

I definitely think that what happens to Brand is a massive indicator of where free speech truly stands right now. If his platform can't be banned or censored outright, as Brand and his legal team have so far been too clever for this to happen, he's always known exactly what he can and cannot say, and exactly where he needs to draw the line so as not to fall foul of censorship, so 'they' will need to try to find other ways to discredit him or bring him down.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be that surprised if the whole story has been orchestrated in some way by the MSM to attempt discredit Brand or outright bring him down. It could end up being similar in some ways as to what happened to Jeremy Corbyn, who was destroyed by a viscous and concerted campaign by the MSM.

What does anyone know about the women that have made these allegations against Brand?

His staunchly anti-establishment youtube channel now has 6.5 million followers and has been growing very quickly.

Voices like his must be of concern to the establishment, not only because of the size of his following, but because his analysis does ring true on many levels, with content that is articulate, consistent, fact backed, meaning that he can't be simply discredited as a 'conspiracy theorist crackpot'. He has credibility because imo he avoids the more lunatic statements, assertions, and opinions, that sometimes undermines the credibilty of someone of similar views such as Neil Oliver, who does sometimes take some bad miss-steps and strays into 'conspiracy theorist loon' territory on his GB News platform.

I definitely think that what happens to Brand is a massive indicator of where free speech truly stands right now. If his platform can't be banned or censored outright, as Brand and his legal team have so far been too clever for this to happen, he's always known exactly what he can and cannot say, and exactly where he needs to draw the line so as not to fall foul of censorship, so 'they' will need to try to find other ways to discredit him or bring him down.

Jeremy Corbyn crashed and burnt because he refused to acknowledge the rabid anti-semitism within his party, it’s got nothing to do with some media conspiracy. We have continued to see his strongest supporters such as Diane abbot fall by the wayside for exactly the same thing in more recent years. The public didn’t want a load of racist communists running the show, it’s as simple as that.

Do you really think that the establishment is scared of Brand and that he’s being stitched up for that reason? Presumably you hold the same energy for the likes of Andrew Tate?

Personally I think he’s probably being stitched up but I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the mysterious and undefined ‘establishment’ being scared of him. I think it just sells papers.

Yeah I'm calling total bullshit due to the fact this kind of shite sells papers etc.
The fucking mainstream media really don't give a shit about the damage they cause.
Brand is a bit of a twat, sure, but I'm not sure if he's capable of that. He just makes a good target because he speaks out against "the man" and has a bit of a sordid past.

PS: I really think Jeremy Corbyn could/should have been PM had it not been for the way he was trashed over bullshit claims of inadequacy, being too "soft", and being too sympathetic to refugees, yet somehow anti-Semitic at the same time.
I really think he was best politician and potential PM the UK ever had, and we probably won't see another man better suited to the role in our lifetime.
Sorry to derail the thread btw, I just fucking hate Tories and really wanted JC as PM.

lol, someone on twitter made a "prediction post" like 2 years ago that said: "Russel Brand is slowly shifting his opinions to the conservative right so that one day when allegations against him come out he can claim it's a witch hunt"

I've never had strong opinions on the guy. I always liked how he looked at some aspects of life, how he talks about his recovery and some of his life views. However when he made that youtube channel a few years ago it was fairly obvious he has one of those personalities that needs attention from people constantly. He obviously has an extremely extroverted personality. The videos were quite generic and basically just him parroting other people's opinions on issues he really isn't informed on. He just likes the attention, but you could say this about many media celebrities.

Last edited:
It's like with Andrew Tate, as someone with a massive influence and popularity starts to question authoritarian narratives. The establishment, mainstream media, the military and pharmaceutical industry complex are controlled and influenced by factions within the deep state (Read Dr John Coleman's (Ex MI-6) book - Committee of 300).

I laugh when the mainstream media and his critics call him a "far right conspiracy theorist" :LOL: - That means he is articulating some incredibly harsh truths about the last 3 years, covid, Ukraine, climate change and more. I'm saying this as someone who is not particular fond of him in the past (too shouty, loud, rude etc at times).

Yeah I'm calling total bullshit due to the fact this kind of shite sells papers etc.
The fucking mainstream media really don't give a shit about the damage they cause.
Brand is a bit of a twat, sure, but I'm not sure if he's capable of that. He just makes a good target because he speaks out against "the man" and has a bit of a sordid past.

PS: I really think Jeremy Corbyn could/should have been PM had it not been for the way he was trashed over bullshit claims of inadequacy, being too "soft", and being too sympathetic to refugees, yet somehow anti-Semitic at the same time.
I really think he was best politician and potential PM the UK ever had, and we probably won't see another man better suited to the role in our lifetime.
Sorry to derail the thread btw, I just fucking hate Tories and really wanted JC as PM.

Corbyn would have been a total disaster. What about him do you think would have made him the best PM? His refusal to address the anti-semitism in his party? His support of terrorist groups, one of which was actively aiming for the destruction of the UK establishment? His communist tendencies and desire to invade every area of the private citizen’s life? His desire for open borders when we already have a housing crisis?

Corbyn would have been a total disaster. What about him do you think would have made him the best PM? His refusal to address the anti-semitism in his party? His support of terrorist groups, one of which was actively aiming for the destruction of the UK establishment? His communist tendencies and desire to invade every area of the private citizen’s life? His desire for open borders when we already have a housing crisis?
See, without derailing the thread, this is exactly the kind of thing that the mainstream media speculated and the majority took as fact, when really all the man was guilty of was having sympathy for struggling minorities and refugees. I won't pretend I'm an expert on every policy he voted for as an MP, but he couldn't have been worse than Bo Jo and the rest of the Tories who only really give a fuck about themselves and their rich mates.
He just seemed to have a level head on his shoulders and was honest, which unfortunately was twisted against him.
Out of interest who did you vote for, CAT? Did you see BoJo as a better choice than Jesus Corbyn? Do you think Kier is a better leader for Labour or don't you like Labour at all?
I don't hold anyone's political leanings against them, but a working class person who votes Tory really does make me a sad panda.
Anyway, this thread is about that dirty nonce Russell Brand 😉
Let's not derail the thread too much, since JC is a has-been now, and the real question is what's worse: the media or Russell's predilections?

Him talking to Saville there doesn't really prove anything, although still creepy.

If you asked me could russel brand potentially be a nonce I'd have said yes. Not because of his previous admissions to being promiscuous etc, but more the fact he's famous and as such some of the people hes associated with in the past.

What's very strange is the investigation being conducted not by the police but by the media. Apparently the times and channel 4 dispatches were behind it. Which makes sense, when I watched channel 4 news last night they had him down as a paedophile within an hour of the news breaking.

I personally think russel brand is another plant, similar to my opinion onAndrew Tate. Too many things don't make sense. Maybe he was at time working with the establishment, he fell out of favour started exposing stuff with covid, climate change, the royals etc, and someone decided it was time he was fed to the wolves by media.

Saw this over on reddit

Is he a lecherous creep or someone who's crossed the establishment too many times?

It didn't take channel 4 news more than an hour of the news breaking before they were suggesting he's a paedophile.

I'm not a fan of Russel Brand and his acting the goat type comedy to be honest, he makes me cringe, but it seems a bit sketchy still, he came out before the allegations even broke claiming it to be bullshit.

Brand is a self confessed ex drug and sex addict. He's joked about this alot in his stand up in the past. Now I see the media using clips from his stand up acts where he's joking about the later, as if it's evidence against him.

He does seem to be quite touchy feely. But I get the sense this could be a witch hunt, with how hard the media's going in on him straight away. They didnt go as hard with Ghislane Maxwell as what they've gone here, very quickly.

What does EADD say, is he a hero for fighting against the establishment, or a nonce who's who's hiding in plain sight for years?

My opinion of him is that he's an over flamboyant, squeaky voiced, narcissistic prick.

As you say, he's a self confessed promiscuous womaniser and sex addict. Show me a womaniser who hasn't overstepped the mark at some point, and I'll show you a fuckin liar.

The thing with 'womanisers" is that some women love them, some women hate them, and some women love them then decide years down the line that they hate them.

Just seen this joke on Sickipedia which is quite apt:

"Russell Brand. I'm not a fan of the cunt, but isn't the case against him built entirely on a thing in law called 'slag's remorse?' " ;)

I certainly wouldn't equate him with Andrew Tate. Brand doesn't make a living teaching incels how to manipulate and control women. He just likes to wet his willy a little too much.

But there is definitely no smoke without fire.

To paraphrase an old cliché:

"You live by the pork sword, you die by the pork sword".

Keep it in yer fuckin trousers fellas, for your own good...

Last edited:
I'm of the mind that a person is ALWAYS innocent until proven guilty unless they have literally been caught in the act

Plus the usual gutter press; the redtops and the indo have lead with this which takes away from any credibility the accusations may have - let's wait and see

See, without derailing the thread, this is exactly the kind of thing that the mainstream media speculated and the majority took as fact, when really all the man was guilty of was having sympathy for struggling minorities and refugees. I won't pretend I'm an expert on every policy he voted for as an MP, but he couldn't have been worse than Bo Jo and the rest of the Tories who only really give a fuck about themselves and their rich mates.
He just seemed to have a level head on his shoulders and was honest, which unfortunately was twisted against him.
Out of interest who did you vote for, CAT? Did you see BoJo as a better choice than Jesus Corbyn? Do you think Kier is a better leader for Labour or don't you like Labour at all?
I don't hold anyone's political leanings against them, but a working class person who votes Tory really does make me a sad panda.
Anyway, this thread is about that dirty nonce Russell Brand 😉
Let's not derail the thread too much, since JC is a has-been now, and the real question is what's worse: the media or Russell's predilections?

I didn’t vote for anyone, never have never will.

Kier is absolutely a better leader for labour, he’s moderate and pragmatic. Corbyn was/is a totally unelectable hard-left fantasist, kier is grounded in reality.

Being sad that a working class person would vote Tory is a very entitled and arrogant attitude, especially when the alternative is a walking disaster like Corbyn.

I didn’t vote for anyone, never have never will.

Kier is absolutely a better leader for labour, he’s moderate and pragmatic. Corbyn was/is a totally unelectable hard-left fantasist, kier is grounded in reality.

Being sad that a working class person would vote Tory is a very entitled and arrogant attitude, especially when the alternative is a walking disaster like Corbyn.

Why would a working class person vote for Kier Starmer? He was literally head of the Crown Prosecution Service when several several allegations about Jimmy Saville were referred to them and he did nothing.

There is no real difference between voting for Kier and voting Tory in my opinion.

Corbyn wasn't a sell out, hence why he could never be PM.

Jeremy Corbyn crashed and burnt because he refused to acknowledge the rabid anti-semitism within his party, it’s got nothing to do with some media conspiracy. We have continued to see his strongest supporters such as Diane abbot fall by the wayside for exactly the same thing in more recent years. The public didn’t want a load of racist communists running the show, it’s as simple as that.

Do you really think that the establishment is scared of Brand and that he’s being stitched up for that reason? Presumably you hold the same energy for the likes of Andrew Tate?

Personally I think he’s probably being stitched up but I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the mysterious and undefined ‘establishment’ being scared of him. I think it just sells papers.
Many people would agree that Corbyn was destroyed by the MSM. The extent to which he did that to himself is debatable I guess.

In the wake of this latest 'scandal', it's been interesting to see all the different comments in different places about Brand and his youtube channel. It seems that his points of view are nothing all that unusual on social media, but his channel is one of the more high profile ones with that kind of content, as it seems that he's capitalised on his fame to good effect. He certainly is an alternative broadcaster to the MSM, with his constant crtitiques of the ways it misleads us. I think it's quite possible that they are out to get him due to this.

I don't know enough about Tate to be able to make any comparisons, and I'm not interested enough to find out. Someone like me is not the target demographic of someone like him.

Last edited:
Brand's career has already survived several controversial incidents. Remember him dressing up as Bin Laden for a prank far too soon after 9 11? Things went very quiet for him for a couple of years after that IIRC, and also with the Jonathon Ross /Andrew Sachs prank that backfired and got him sacked from the BBC, again IIRC.

It remains to be seen what will happen to him now, but all those already calling 'peadophile' on him don't seem to have any evidence for that. One of the sets of the current allegations involves alleged incidents with a 16 year old girl, which, if that happened, is obviously sailing as close to the wind as possible, in strictly legal terms. But provided everything was consensual there was no actual crime commited as far as I understand the legality of the alleged incident.

I can imagine that whoever is behind this "investigation" was desperately wanting there to be allegations involving under-age girls. They didn't find any. Either genuine or made up allegations, no one knows yet.

Last edited: