Roll Call - Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried nwtekno the last time I was up here, and all the listings sucked. Don't you guys have any real parties up here? Something else I've noticed, a lot of the BLers up here are dicks. At least the SoCal crew is more tight knit. Why don't you throw a BL party or something.

Originally posted by boomdawg81 Don't you guys have any real parties up here?

nope. all the good shit is gone since the warehouse scene died when NAF closed last year. love it, hate it, whatever, NAF parties were great, and it was the last bastion of real parties around here.

Something else I've noticed, a lot of the BLers up here are dicks. At least the SoCal crew is more tight knit. Why don't you throw a BL party or something.

two things:
1. most of us don't like assholes that spout out crap about how their scene is better. we don't care. we like our scene just fine, because the cool stuff doesn't happen where the general public can attend anymore. we're tight knit, just not with you.

2. we don't throw BL party for the following reasons:
a. we're not all in to techno.
b. we're scattered about the state pretty well, so its hard to get together.
c. most important, there aren't a lot of us.

thats the way it is. don't like it? go back to socal.

nimble said:
NAF parties were great, and it was the last bastion of real parties around here.

That's a bold statement man, but I understand what you mean.

I still think NAF's closing was more of a reflection of the changing attitude in this area and not the other way around.

MaliceNwunderland said:
That's a bold statement man, but I understand what you mean.

I still think NAF's closing was more of a reflection of the changing attitude in this area and not the other way around.

i'm in complete agreement with you. NAF represented a part of the scene that we all watched change. its probably more profound for people that were around longer that i've been her, but over three years ago when we got into this, NAF was throwin some bangin parties. and over the next two years me and my crew watched the scene change and move away from it, the actual building istelf, and the party atmosphere it embodied. and i was really sad to see it go.
i'm actually really disappointed with the scene around here right now. it all seems to be about dumbasses in shiny shirts posturing as best they can on this drug they've just found out about and making it almost a chore for us people that go out to appreciate bangin tunes and dance to them, rather than looking for an underage piece of ass.
we were actually having a conversation last night about how a year ago, your biggest problem was choosing what big ass party you wanted to go to that weekend, instead of like now when your problem is finding ANY party worth going to. maybe the seattle scene is preparing for a rennaisance. things are dying down because of new laws, and people are feeling them out before they throw something big again. or maybe (hopefully) things are going back underground. that would rule. i wouldn't mind a bit if map points became standard party practice, instead of something people do for nostalgia.

<------ seattle here

originally i am from the tri-cities though.

now i live on capitol hill.

Where abouts in Tri-Cities? I'm from Richland, but live in Pullman for school purposes.

Hm yet to add my 2 cents...

Hello all. I am from Tacoma originally but I am going to school in Bellingham right now. (Don't move there by the way) If anyone reads this and wants to hang I am sure a meeting could take place just to hang out within the Puget Sound area. Or again, try to meet up at some event.

Take care!

there seem to be quite a few BLers here in the northwest but i've only seen a handful of them. whenever we have tried a meetup they've fallen apart :\
we should work on this :D
i know on Jan. 17 myself and a few other BLers i've known for a while are going to be at a Grooveside 3 year anniversary party. Headlined by Bad Company and Simply Jeff :D
so maybe some long range planning is in order?
or something on new years, but imma be out of state so you guys can take care of that :p ;)
or if you just wanna hang sometime PM me.

Yeah.. the times at NAF hold a special place in my heart even thought it did suck sometimes... and I agree that attitudes are changing... but hopefully things will pick up and change for the better... i am gonna be up in seattle around NYE and I am probably gonna go to rave there(haven't been to one in a while) to see what it's like now.

nimble said:
...like now when your problem is finding ANY party worth going to. maybe the seattle scene is preparing for a rennaisance. things are dying down because of new laws, and people are feeling them out before they throw something big again....

2 true. i don't know if u party out of state much, but it's goin from bad 2 worse every where else too. i mean, USC is teamin' up w/Budweiser........wtf?! nothin against budweiser, but it's ads have no place in my (our ;) ) scene. since when did u need "sponsorship" 2 throw a dope ass party? somethin's changin with tha scene; i think its more than just a local "eye-of-tha-storm", cause it's happening all over........... :\
...or maybe (hopefully) things are going back underground....[/B]
i truely hope ur right.

anyways (this was a roll call thread, right :) ) what's up......i'm up in seattle, fremont if ya now tha place. PM or hit my e-mail, maybe we can get down sometime.
-fisch

Hey Seattle BLers!!!

I used to live in the Seattle area and used to go to NAF studios all the time. I was just wondering if NAF still goes on and if it does, is it still like it used to be in the late 90's????

As far as I understand, NAF has been shut down for a while now. I just started in on the scene this last summer.

Plus I am on the east side of the state, so I'm not horribly current on the scene in Seattle.

what up

Kirkland here, but i think i know everyone else who lives in this damn state. you hommies wanna kick it, shout me a holla. ill keep ya'll entertained =)

The totally rokin city of Vancouver!

Do most of my partying in Portland though. Not much goes on in the cooov. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.