• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Reversing stim tolerance by low dosing?

That's what I was meaning before. I was led to believe that stims (Ritalin, dexadrine etc.) have a paradoxical calming effect on a child whereas in adults they stimulate due to difference in brain chemistry. But if some adults also get prescribed Ritalin then I'm not sure. I'd have to look it up and find out more which being a sad cunt with no life I might well do :)

Yeh, be interesting to know what you find out. I always thought (but with no evidence to support) it was the condition itself which produced the paradoxical effects more than the stage of life, and I've also experienced paradoxical effects from stims myself after lengthy binges (such as having a dose at bedtime to help me sleep). I kind of suspect the sudden cessation of medication at 18 is more due to political reasons than medical ones. I mean just imagine how many adults would suddenly develop ADD or ADHD if prescribing to adults was standard procedure :)

I was put on ritalin then dexes for adult adhd when i was 35. They worked to a point but after a while being on stimulants everyday gave me anxiety so i ended up getting off them. The downsides of the medication outweighed the positives for me.

Hey. I'm trying to revive this old thread because I'm really interested to see if anyone has tried this. I've been reading about tolerance issues and this proposed low-dose reversal trick, but nobody has any real experience to share. So has anyone tried this yet?

I was diagnosed with adult ADD about a year ago, so I'm personally interested in this! It's really hard to keep the dosage (taking Dexedrine) from building up, because I really do need it to be decent at my job/life. I take breaks on weekends and random times, but it's not enough to stop the tolerance increasing.

Updates from Treacle or anybody else would be much appreciated!

Have you joined the site to make that post ArgleBargal? If so - welcome! and I hope you get a useful answer.

Yep, that's pretty much why I joined. But there's a lot of other interesting discussion here too!