• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Reversing stim tolerance by low dosing?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Surely taking small doses, than previous higher doses, of any substance over a period of time will reduce tolerence. That's why people taper off stuff. I guess it's different with stims in a way because it seems more binging than constant day to day consumption of say, opiates. Its a tricky one so maybe it's a case of keeping a written record in a small notepad that can be carried round in ones pocket n compare between session n affects n toleremce.

Sorry, sid, if I've got this wrong as I'm not fully sure of the question. Hope it helps somehow <3

Evey

What you're saying is right, Evey, but this is supposed to over-sensitise your brain to stimulants, and I don't think it applies to people who've been binging. I think it means after a period of abstinence, or never having abused stimulants...

So I just read that whole thing. I usually can't do that. Makes more sense now, as mosthave sad I wouldn't do this, in my opinion take a break ncome back to taking it when tolerence has lowered. I wouldnot like any of thoseside affectsmyself as a permene t factor.
Having only just started with stimulants I think it's best I leave it there but suggest that if he goes about this he has a good, long think (god that sounds patronising I don't meanit like that but always be careful experimenting with the chemicals of the brain. Write down EVERYTHIG. As much as he can remember about past / present use, everytime he uses includinding:

Environment
Food / drink consumption
Dosage,frequency of dosing etc

Wish him good luck n this isan interesting thread

Thanks Dan nGreacle for explanations<3

Evey

Last edited:
With your dosing Dan I wouldn't worry. Your tolerance has already been reversed ;)

I think taking anything in small doses or large everyday will result in tolerance, the brain constantly strives for homeostasis

- I got pulled from 200mg val to 30mg, didn't slp a week got a grey hair survived
- then puled over 6 wk to 4mg
- then 0.5 a week reduction for 8 weeks

See that end bit a jumping off fucking unbearable, as bad as the initial drop, 4 day insomnia, hallucinations, crippled with anxiety. Didn't make sense. Not sure if directly related, but has baring all the same.

Would't of be so bad, but was told i'd be fine?

You can't really gain a tolerance to a dose of something you can't even feel, if you think about it. The idea is that your brain adapts itself, in order to feel the effects of the low dose, which means when you take a regular dose, it'll be much more intense.

I'm definitely trying this. I'm skeptical that any changes will be permanent, though. As soon as you start using larger doses, your tolerance is going to go back up, otherwise you'd be risking receptor damage and experiences which are far too intense, or possibly overdose/death.

Will be interesting to see how it affects you, Treacle, with having adult ADHD. Do stims affect you differently to say, the average jo? I have heard that they have the opposite affect than an NT would have? What's your opinions on this?

Evey

Yeah, small doses of speed really do focus me, and allow me to concentrate on the task at hand, without becoming distracted and doing something more interesting. Speed has been very useful for college, when I really need to focus on assignments, and I'm surrounded by mates. I find myself much more able to ignore people around me, and get my work done, without my mind wandering. I'd normally quickly lose interest in my work, and end up chatting/fucking about with others, or going on my phone. Larger doses affect me like they would anyone else, so I get the best of both worlds, depending on the dose.

Speed is a weird one, very useful in small doses orally. Very unhelpful and makes go wrong quicker than meth or mephedrone if overdoing it.

Yeah, small doses of speed really do focus me, and allow me to concentrate on the task at hand, without becoming distracted and doing something more interesting. Speed has been very useful for college, when I really need to focus on assignments, and I'm surrounded by mates. I find myself much more able to ignore people around me, and get my work done, without my mind wandering. I'd normally quickly lose interest in my work, and end up chatting/fucking about with others, or going on my phone. Larger doses affect me like they would anyone else, so I get the best of both worlds, depending on the dose.

That's interesting how different doses affect you - it's good that it's helped you focus onyour studies :)

Evey

It was about fucking time, after all the suspensions and even expulsion from schools/college. ADHD wasn't even a recognised thing, when I was a kid. I saw child psychologists, and everything. I was just deemed a 'naughty child'. I've never had a diagnosis for it, but it's blindingly obvious that I suffer from it. A mate of mine (same age, same school) was involved in the Ritalin trials, before the condition was recognised by doctors. I'd immediately be diagnosed with ADHD and put on Ritalin, if I was a child in this day and age. Getting an adult referral would be pointless now, because I'm pretty good at managing it myself, plus anything they prescribed me wouldn't affect me, due to tolerance. As is the case with most people, it's more like ADD, rather than ADHD, now I'm older. It's much easier to deal with, now I know how it affects me, so I'm happy to carry on the way I am.

If only it was recognised back then, life could have turned out much differently.

I thought ADHD meds only worked on kids due to the paradoxical effects of stims on a child's cerebral cortex and wouldn't help an adult brain? I don't know a lot about it TBH but that's how I always understood it....

No, they also work on adults. A mate of mine was recently diagnosed, and he's on methylphenidate (Ritalin).

Give me meth anyday over coke. Much more pronounced euphoria from much less product. No feeling ripped off or worthless after either.

I whole heartily agree. It's amazing but to a proper cokehead a whole gram of coke really isn't that much coke but a mere half gram of meth is plenty to get you going for a couple of days. That's if your sensible and smoke your meth, i hate to think how long you could tweak off half a gram of meth if you IV'ed half a point every 12 hours or so

I thought ADHD meds only worked on kids due to the paradoxical effects of stims on a child's cerebral cortex and wouldn't help an adult brain? I don't know a lot about it TBH but that's how I always understood it....

My doctor told me adult Adhd treatment is a very controversial topic for Doctors as there is many conflicting studies on the benefit's of giving adults Ritalin . All i'll say if you have been prescribed Ritalin as an adult you are very lucky

No, they also work on adults. A mate of mine was recently diagnosed, and he's on methylphenidate (Ritalin).

There's loads of kids round my way either on, or used to be on, ADHD meds (fuckin council estate innit), and as soon as they reach 18 their script stops. How the fuck can the medical profession justify giving kids powerful stimulants for a decade or so then just stop because they reach a certain age? Dunner make sense...

There's loads of kids round my way either on, or used to be on, ADHD meds (fuckin council estate innit), and as soon as they reach 18 their script stops. How the fuck can the medical profession justify giving kids powerful stimulants for a decade or so then just stop because they reach a certain age? Dunner make sense...

That's what I was meaning before. I was led to believe that stims (Ritalin, dexadrine etc.) have a paradoxical calming effect on a child whereas in adults they stimulate due to difference in brain chemistry. But if some adults also get prescribed Ritalin then I'm not sure. I'd have to look it up and find out more which being a sad cunt with no life I might well do :)