• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Resolving not to use stimulants (amphet/meth) any more

Sorry to correct you but both Meth and regular Amphetamine have stereo isomer's.

the only difference seems that levo-Amphetamine is an effective stim adding to the effect's.

While levo-Methamphetamine supposedly is inert as stim but just merely a nasal congest ant. Which I doubt. I guess it should def influence the effect felt. Maybe not to the degree of regular levo-Amp. But certainly it does something. otherwise it would be OTC over here to. Something typical American right selling things like that. Including DXM, pseudoephedrine and Propyhexedrine.

Those are not OTC over here.
Well let this be an example to you. I answered a question which you asked and you knew the answer much much more intimately than I.

😆

The nomenclature of a methamphetamine molecule has 2 legs so to speak. Kind of looks like a tadpole. One leg is Levoamphetamine and the other leg is dextroamphetamine. Together in the same molecule they are able to reach into your soul.
Amphetamine molecule only has one leg and it can be one or the other of dextro or Levo. The Levo considered alone to be much less potent than dextro alone. Adderall is dextro for example.

That's the best explanation I can give for the difference. I'm sure there are some here who know much much more about it.
Just to clarify a few things here. Amphetamine and Methamphetamine are chiral molecules that exist in the form of two stereoisomers which have the same chemical formula but are mirror images of each other called enantiomers. The enantiomer possess optical chirality and can be said to be either left-handed (the l-molecule) or right-handed (the d-molecule).

As with many chiral compounds the enantiomers of methamphetamine and amphetamine have different phsiological effects. Although d- isomer mostly delivers the euphoria, l-isomer has useful propertiee and many people think a small% of l-meth or l- amph is desireable.

Well let this be an example to you. I answered a question which you asked and you knew the answer much much more intimately than I.

😆
No I answered the question differing between Amphetamine and Meth-Amphetamine and their corresponding isomer's. And provided some solid info.

What was my question?

Last edited:
I meant no disrespect. Was a compliment to you.
It did come over like disrespect but knowing Bluelight, and the participant's. Incalculating my own 'wrong' interpretation's it was clear you were just pointing something out. But thanks for clearing it up.

I hope the Op has some use of this thread as that was the purpose

^^ Main benefit is to understand for someone like me (or who I've become/developed into), speed = bad mmmkay.

In retrospect, I have a paradoxical response to almost all drugs (developed this, at one point I depended on them to function, perform almost every bodily task - sleep/eat/think, etc.).

I was using speed as a cognitive aid, but low doses made me sleepy (legit fall asleep/drowsy).

In the past I was prescribed methylphenidate and it NEVER had this effect. Low or high dose, it was always energizing.

The paradoxical effect has only emerged over the last two/three years as a result of cognitive-intervention based neural-modification.

Point being, I'd have to dose much higher for "effect", but was more euphoria than stimulation, which made me churn out walls of crap in my blog (fucking it up pretty good, since February it became incomprehensible).

So basically in retrospect I now see speed is not only useless, but distinctly counterproductive for my purposes.

Getting the low down on chemistry/pharmacology of the various speed incarnations has been interesting.

And it's been reassuring to know others are tuned into, listening-to/reading my situation cause, meth induced existential crises is a whole other level of frightening.

Looking back, thinking I made all the wrong life choices, second-guessing all the major decisions I'd ever made - behaving desperately....... but it's all the meth talking, taking over my brain.
Not the real me at all.

I will never EVER use meth again. I’m a downers person through and through.

I did experiment with it quite a few times, and accidentally took a massive dose the last time I tried it because I had felt underwhelmed with the effects.

Needless to say, I had GOD AWFUL psychosis, hallucinations, and anxiety like never before for hours. It was hell.

Guess meth just isn’t for me and I’m okay with that

I do really enjoy my addy though in moderate doses.

I prefer my uppers in diet form

Hey guys, just so you all know, I love the subject matter of the thread. Here in New England, we are seeing an explosion of Methamphetamine use and it is destroying our people. I'm going to move this over to our recovery forums. We have a lot of really smart and experienced people over there who are also trying to get better, so I think you'll like it there.

Strangely, drugs like meth have never really given me more "motivation" or really "more energy". Sure they make me awake, but I'm not necessarily alert.

Most of my motivation goes toward sex on meth. lol

The only class of drugs that has ever made me feel like getting up and cleaning or doing responsible chores is opioids. And the energy flows naturally & isn't "forced" like stimulants feel.

Meth is way more destructive than even heroin IMO. At least on heroin I still feel like myself, maybe even a better version of my usual (depressed) self.
But on meth, it all all becomes superficial & about fleshly desire. Not to mention the eventual paranoia & auditory hallucinations that start to take over.

As a gay man, I can say meth has completely corrupted the gay "community". It's impossible not to run into a meth addict if you try to meet other gay men here in the US.

Meth is a great sex enhancer if you feel like being slutty, but other than that, it's not good for much else IMO. Especially getting spun on it.

It did come over like disrespect but knowing Bluelight, and the participant's. Incalculating my own 'wrong' interpretation's it was clear you were just pointing something out. But thanks for clearing it up.

I hope the Op has some use of this thread as that was the purpose
I apologize for that. My point was that my knowledge is limited but I exposed the flawed knowledge which was my best understanding of the nomenclature and that it was a good thing you corrected me. I was simply pointing out the intelligence floating around in this community on different subjects.

On another note, I'm curious because I vividly remember being shown the methamphetamine nomenclature and it had two legs. I don't really want to know in depth about meth but I understand the mirroring of left and right. What I don't understand is how non racemic amphetamine can have the two legs both at once.

Admittedly, my education in chemistry was basic and simply grazed the surface. I paid attention enough to pass and I was lucky at that. The one thing that surprisingly spikes my interest is the nomenclature. It's like the building blocks of the universe. So I'm not really looking for an in depth course on meth but what am I missing about the structure? I don't understand how dex or levo can possibly have left and right at the same time.

Easy comedowns with mdma always for me.2-3 hours effect a two three beers and a joint and go in bed.With meth regardless of benzos sleep is inposible 24 hours-for me

I apologize for that. My point was that my knowledge is limited but I exposed the flawed knowledge which was my best understanding of the nomenclature and that it was a good thing you corrected me. I was simply pointing out the intelligence floating around in this community on different subjects.

On another note, I'm curious because I vividly remember being shown the methamphetamine nomenclature and it had two legs. I don't really want to know in depth about meth but I understand the mirroring of left and right. What I don't understand is how non racemic amphetamine can have the two legs both at once.

Admittedly, my education in chemistry was basic and simply grazed the surface. I paid attention enough to pass and I was lucky at that. The one thing that surprisingly spikes my interest is the nomenclature. It's like the building blocks of the universe. So I'm not really looking for an in depth course on meth but what am I missing about the structure? I don't understand how dex or levo can possibly have left and right at the same time.
It has two legs the dextro (active) and levo leg. Which is (in the US) considered OTC and without CNS effects. Both form excist the pure dextro and racemic form.

Amphetamine does to only the left and right left are both active. Its just that the Dextro isomer is more therapeutic. Speed, racemic , Is quite hardcore hardly a study aid. More for a rave or such.

Meth-Amphetamine, both the D - and the L-, i believe gets eventually metabolized into Amps to, but don't quote me on it.

Just wanted to add that I whole-heartedly support not using amphetamines unless you have to. They tend to turn on the user after some time...never was there ever a better time to do amps than in the beginning, lol.

Few things that have jumped out at me.

Since commencing amphetamines, my self care took a nose dive.

My appetite for carbohydrates fell dramatically. I ate enough to try and maintain basic health.

Two weeks since zero consumption of any stimulant, and maybe the last couple days + today, appetite for carbohydrates is coming back.

What really occurred to me is, I was using amphetamines in an "escapist" sense, like I'd dose once a week or 10 days and totally dissociate, get lost in my own little euphoric world.

Resolving to no longer use them, I've basically had to kick my own ass into being more social. Getting my ass out of bed in the morning, opening the curtains, airing the room, eating regularly.

Taking day trips, better attention to personal appearance and getting out and about in the streets and town and shops.
Knocking into some girls etc etc.

I've REALLY had to push myself from my own amphetamine supported reclusive den of depravity, to get out and do these things again - basically to stave off being over whelmed with sadness, anxiety and depression.

To feel good about myself again.

And it does, feels wonderful not using that toxic shit any more.

More over, low doses typically used in ADHD, that made me sleepy/lethargic.

Amphetamine only did anything for me when I pushed the dose high enough that it's euphoric.

Upon which time I would begin to experience chest pains.

To me what that says is, my CNS is in good shape and using stimulants is unnecessary and ultimately destructive in my case.

Last edited:
I always thought it was JohnnyBoy

JohnBoy is a lot funnier.