• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational Temazepam Dosage?

Lol check this-my shrink said he would never give me bentos for anxiety, it's like alcohol in a pain with my background drug I history. Then I mentioned well I used to be on adderall...throws a 90 day supply of adderall 30mg. Two times a day #180. And I said I need something for sleep he gives me "restoril 30mg", stupidly I asked knowing it was a benzo. He goes "benzodiazepine derivitave" idk if he was just stupid and didn't know his stuff, or figured since it's not commercial benzo it would be ok? I took (5) 150mg, and that felt
Like taking 3 bars but way more euphoric...these doctors will give a junkie pharmacy grade meth but deny you a benzo for anxiety, makes so sense

Temazepam seems to be the most euphoric of the benzo's. If you read any studies done on the stuff, they say that it's the only benzodiazepine that has an addiction potential that rivals that of the barbiturates (in fact, some people claim that it's more addictive than Secobarbital). For some reason, however, I've yet to experience that addiction potential. In fact, I found Lorazepam (supposedly the least addictive benzodiazepine) to be WAY more addictive than Temazepam. But whatever...

Maybe Temazepam is more psychologically reinforcing? Otherwise, I'd actually have to say that Lorazepam takes the cake over Temazepam. In fact - I'm very physically dependent on benzo's at the moment... 1 milligram of Ativan can completely eliminate any and all signs of WD's for me. While Temazepam helps a ton; even 30 milligrams of Temazepam can't stop WD's completely. I'm glad I've stuck to my 30 milligrams a night to be honest. Especially since I'm having phsyical addiction issues with Ativan right now - I can't even imagine what it would be like if this was with Temazepam rather than Lorazepam...

Out of maybe 10+ benzos I've tried, Temazepam is one I would like again, I took it during the day for anxiety when I ran out of Valium and it worked a treat, although it is not to be mixed with Alcohol !

The sense of being totally free of anxiety is hypnotic itself no matter what benzo you use IME.

To the OP, I don't think you have a tolerance high enough to allow you to get a recreational effect from Temazepam, it doesn't sound like it's your game, you would probably be better off with Valium for that purpose, but fuckin around with benzos is not something I would encourage anyone to do who is not already physically dependent, W/D Seizures are not nice, and Temazepam is famous for them, here in the Uk they are known as "jellie fits" and killed hundreds of people back in the day when Temazepam was really popular.

I believe Ativan is a bit more addicting to it's short half life, I'm sure physical withdrawl for all benzos are the same , but rule of thumb the longer acting benzos are a bit less more addictive (ex. Klonopin way less abusive than Xanax).. I thiink Valium is the most recreational benzo when one doesn't have a tolerance or dependency to benzos....now that I'm taking Klonopin. I can take 300+mg of Valium and be disappointed . I enjoy temazepam much more than Xanax however it sucks that most likely u only. Get 30 a
month

I take Klonopin , 2mg daily. I swear whenever I take Xanax to enjoy it's fast acting qualities it seems even if I take 3 bars I hardly feel it. Is it true the Klonopin and it's Long half life is
canceling out the Xanax or dampening it's effects? Like methadone is to taking heroin and barely feeling it or not feeling it. Does Klonopin act as the methadone of benzos? I am on methadone , can that play a role? Figured it would sedate me more but I can feel 4mg of Klonopin vs. 4mg Xanax...

I have been on Temazepam and Clonozapam for numerous years now. I can always do fine with my Klonopin, take it close to as prescribed or minorly abused....the Temazepam is a whole different story. I will take 60 mg and be fine every day, then one day I will take 60-90 and be blacked out for 2 days and wake up and have been fired from (3) three jobs. (with Methadone.) It is such a gamble, you love benzos but you hate them for their blackout life at the same time. It is so hard to find a good medium. However, I still remember the first night I abused my prescription...and I know for a fact I used 60 mg and very much loved it. Very chill. GREAT benzo.

Temazepam is like the opiate of benzo's in my opinion. It provides anxiety-relief, yet makes you feel chill and relaxed. Almost in a stimulating sort of way.

I took it during the Christmas season when I worked at a major retail store to stop the huge pressure and anxiety of the holiday season. It worked wonders. All of a sudden, putting away inventory and grabbing online orders became tranquil and relaxing. I didn't feel pressured to be perfect and took the verbal abuse from everyone in the store with ease.

I remember ( in that situation specifically), that while Ativan helped anxiety - Temazepam KILLED anxiety. Plus even more... It kinda scared me tbh. I opted for a bit more lorazepam than constant Temazepam dosages...

I abused xanax for about four year say a 1mg #120 rx would last me 3 days. next tried valium i could pop 10 10mg at once and not feel a thing same issue with klonopins never felt anything. Was just prescribed restoril 15mg after not taking benzos for 6 months. I figured I could handle 30mg for the first dose 1hr in felt nothing took 30 more still nothing....Am I just immune to benzos after abusing them for so long I figured having them out of my system 6-7 months I would be straight

Brooklynnyc, did you go through major withdrawal when you quit benzos? I find it odd you didn't mention that. With the level of abuse you're describing, I'm thinking you would have the kind of withdrawal that would be really hard to not mention at all in this context. I've never heard of anyone being immune to benzos, but that might explain it. Super odd though.

Is restoril the same thing as temazepam?

For me a recreational dose of temazepam is around 80-160mg. 20-40mg will usually put me to sleep nicely, but if I don't lie down in bed it's not too sedating and I can enjoy the relaxing effects.

I totally agree with @Psychonauticunt.. For me when i was prescribed it years ago, if I wanted to get a "high" I would usually take 90mg-120mgs (at the most) if I had a bad case of insomnia. But most these people in this show are injecting the temazepam jellies from the UK (which are no longer made anyways so you can't inject any of the temazepam thats out today unless you wanna die, and these guys in the show are mixing it with heroin so thats why they are dying and shit.. DO NOT INJECT TEMEZEPAM, u will lose a limb and fuck up your vein system BIG timE, just eat your temazepam and you will enjoy it... Just DO NOT MIX IT WITH H OR ANy KIND OF OPIATES UNLESS U WANNA OD. Basically they are AMAZING for sleep and thats it.

I agree with you I have been on klonopin and xanax for 3 years (I was a moderate abuser) but around 75mg i start to feel alright and around 120-200 is pretty good. For me though food makes a big difference for how long it takes to kick in so if you take them on a full stomach and dont feel it for a little while dont redose for a bit.

For the record guys, the term "recreational" in the way in which it is used in our society implies an experience defined by subjective perspective. It is similar to telling someone what kind of music they're going to be most into. I can tell you that you will most likely enjoy music featuring a human voice, a driving beat resembling the quickness of your pulse and lyrics that capture some enigma of the human experience. This could be ABBA or it could be Megadeth.

So, just for in the future, please try to consider the fact that threads that are impossible to answer can actually have a negative impact on our community. We only have so much space on that front page and real estate goes for a premium.

What is a good recreational dose of Temazepam - I tried 20mg, slept after 20 minutes. Tried 30mg, slept after 15 minutes.

Not sure what the optimal dose for rec. purposes is, please enlighten me.
I get rx 1mg X 3 daily Clonazepam and 15mg daily Temazepam
This is all on top of 115mg fault methadone. I take the clonazepam as prescribed because it is unbelievable for anxieties. Nothing better and I've tried everything. Even beats clonazolam
So the temazepam is my monthly recreational reward to myself for stopping dope and talking my methadone as prescribed. I never double dose the methadone and I'm using it for the purpose of staying off opiates and In my opinion I'm doing an amazing job.
I also get 150mg pregabalin X 3 daily for pinched nerve in my cervical spine. It's incredibly painful, however the pregabalin is a phenomenal nerve pain medicine. Better so than opiates.
Anyhow back to topic. I change the temazepam doest monthly pretty much but for example today I took 13 15mg temazepam capsules all parachuted at once. So we are talking approx 200mg temazepam on top of 3mg clonazepam, 115mg methadone, and 450mg pregabalin. This provides me a heron like high. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE! It could be fatal. I'm just sharing my experience. I'm starting to mod already it feels great.
I can handle the whole bottle, however it seems 200mg is the day spot for me as far as nodding out and euphoria are concerned. This is as euphoric as I get when benzoyl are concerned without heroin. It feels so much like heroin actually.
Anyways so your research, you know you're body, and be safe!
Mygreenbic

What is a good recreational dose of Temazepam - I tried 20mg, slept after 20 minutes. Tried 30mg, slept after 15 minutes.

Not sure what the optimal dose for rec. purposes is, please enlighten me.
15 mg was enough when I was a benzo virgin. And I assume it would be a real good sleep aid, but I always took em during daytime.

I think all Gabaergic drugs are pretty hard on the brain. GABA is an interesting bit of brain juice. It doesn't like to be fucked with. Old junkies are much better preserved mentally than old alcoholics or benzo heads.
GABA PAM's are NOT sustainable treatment modes. for anything. They damage the same systems that cause the problems they are supposed to treat. FDA is actively working to phase them out/remove long term patients.

I realise this is an old post so many of the OG posters may have moved on. However, out of curiosity even those with anxiety that report recreational value from benzos, even euphoria, how long does it last? I don't take benzos with regularity anymore but when I did in years past I found that any euphoria from benzos was short lived as once I started taking them regularly, the build up meant I wasn't strictly as anxious as when at baseline. Therefore they were mostly jjst sedating. After this I would only find benzos recreational when combining with a joint or something else.

I realise this is an old post so many of the OG posters may have moved on. However, out of curiosity even those with anxiety that report recreational value from benzos, even euphoria, how long does it last? I don't take benzos with regularity anymore but when I did in years past I found that any euphoria from benzos was short lived as once I started taking them regularly, the build up meant I wasn't strictly as anxious as when at baseline. Therefore they were mostly jjst sedating. After this I would only find benzos recreational when combining with a joint or something else.
Temazepam is like a short hit. Hits fast and fades quickly, never put me to sleep at 15 mg.

GABA PAM's are NOT sustainable treatment modes. for anything. They damage the same systems that cause the problems they are supposed to treat. FDA is actively working to phase them out/remove long term patients.

No, GABAergics can save lives. Just because they were overprescribed at one point, does not mean the benefits do not outweigh the risks for some people

Anyway this thread was necroed and I would close it if I still had the power