• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational Temazepam Dosage?

thebigbenzobob

Greenlighter
What is a good recreational dose of Temazepam - I tried 20mg, slept after 20 minutes. Tried 30mg, slept after 15 minutes.

Not sure what the optimal dose for rec. purposes is, please enlighten me.

I created a thread out of your post so you get better visibility.

Please give us your normal recreational dose of another benzodiazepine.

It seems like you don't need much if you keep falling asleep less than 30 minutes after taking it. It seems like if your taking it for sleep, but thread says what is the recreational dosage for temezapam, sounds like the amount 20-30mg is fine for you since you can't even stay awake past that so i personally don't recommend more than that since you can't even stay awake in those doses.

For me a recreational dose of temazepam is around 80-160mg. 20-40mg will usually put me to sleep nicely, but if I don't lie down in bed it's not too sedating and I can enjoy the relaxing effects.

I never find things that are designed to make me go to sleep recreational !
Temazepam is a very fast acting benzo, to get any recreational use out of it I think you will have to fight hard the sleepiness that hits you in the 1st 20 mins, after that you would have a mellow/relaxed feeling. But for me benzo's are hardly 'fireworks' recreationally. They do what they say on the tin. Make you sleep ! Great for comedowns, not much use for anything else.

When I was addicted to Temazepam I was taking 300-500mg doses. But, if you are new to Temazepam you should start around 15-30mg to see how it affects you. Increase your dosage by 15mg if it is not strong enough.

Please be careful with Temazepam. It is the most addictive benzodiazepine in its class and actually causes brain and tissue damage if you get addicted to it. Temazepam is not a benzo to be fucked around with.

imo benzos aren't recreational and if you try to go down that route you are likely to black out

When I was addicted to Temazepam I was taking 300-500mg doses. But, if you are new to Temazepam you should start around 15-30mg to see how it affects you. Increase your dosage by 15mg if it is not strong enough.

Please be careful with Temazepam. It is the most addictive benzodiazepine in its class and actually causes brain and tissue damage if you get addicted to it. Temazepam is not a benzo to be fucked around with.

As someone who has been prescribed temazepam for 1.5 years I'd like to hear more about the brain and tissue damage.

As someone who has been prescribed temazepam for 1.5 years I'd like to hear more about the brain and tissue damage.

Here's a few quotes from medical sites.

Temazepam (whether obtained from capsules, tablets or elixir), is extremely irritating and likely to cause tissue damage.

Abrupt withdrawal from very high doses is even more likely to cause severe withdrawal effects. Withdrawal from very high doses of temazepam will cause severe hypoperfusion of the whole brain with diffuse slow activity on EEG. After withdrawal, abnormalities in hypofrontal brain wave patterns may persist beyond the withdrawal syndrome suggesting that organic brain damage may occur from chronic high dose abuse of temazepam. Temazepam withdrawal has been well known to cause a sudden and often violent death.

Temazepam is by far the most euphoric benzo of the many I've tried but dosing is tough. Too little and you don't get that special Temaz magic. Too much and you're asleep. 60-90mg worked for me.

Here's a few quotes from medical sites.

Thanks.

Sounds like as long as you don't take recreational doses or at least have a tolerance that requires insane amounts to feel/work then it's probably no dangerous than your typical benzo. I'm prescribed 30mg capsules but 9/10 times I split the capsules in two.

Thanks.

Sounds like as long as you don't take recreational doses or at least have a tolerance that requires insane amounts to feel/work then it's probably no dangerous than your typical benzo. I'm prescribed 30mg capsules but 9/10 times I split the capsules in two.

I think all Gabaergic drugs are pretty hard on the brain. GABA is an interesting bit of brain juice. It doesn't like to be fucked with. Old junkies are much better preserved mentally than old alcoholics or benzo heads.

Yup us "lucky people" with the gift of anxiety (sarcasm) tend to find benzos more euphoric. I only tried temezapam once and found it to be the most euphoric benzo i tried, it also is reported to be one of the most euphoric ones, but yeah if you can't stay awake then stick to a low dose whats the fun if you fall asleep?

i have severe anxiety issues and i still don't find benzos euphoric but it is very nice to have relief from a hard core panic attack

I don't ever take benzos recreationally anymore since i am prescribed a low dose and it has helped me and don't want to ruin that. I guess than it's just a matter of personal opinion, many people do find benzos by themselves euphoric including me.

It would feel nice to take two xanax bars with no tolerance, (since i don't have issues with blacking out on benzos). A sudden relief of anxiety/worrying/nervousness and just supreme confidence and ability to handle things much calmer and without all the anxiety related symptoms. Temezapam made me feel pretty good almost like a low dose opiate, same with xanax and sometimes ativan. The relaxation of the mind and feeling "normal" was euphoric to me.

A good average recreational dose for a person who has experience with drugs would be anywhere from 60mg (lil benzo expereince) - 120mgs... But like others have said there is a very fine line between not really feeling much and blacking out & acting like a fool or just falling asleep.. I would say 90mgs is the usual "recreational" dose...

As far as effects, I actually think Temazepam is not that euphoric at all or even that great compared to other benzos out there.. I would say Temazepam is just too un-predictable when you dose, sometimes 90mgs will just relax ya, then sometimes it makes you kinda act a fool.... In my opinion Temazepam is good for only one thing, and that is exactly what it is prescribed for - SLEEP.. After all it is a Hypnotic Benzo, and thats why its only prescribed for insomnia.

Maybe it's because I have a tolerance - but I'd say that Temazepam isn't recreational until you hit the 60 milligram mark. Even after that, it's still not very recreational. If you want recreation, take Temazepam with a... lets go with 40 milligrams of Amphetamine dosage. Take around 60 milligrams with 40 milligrams of Amphetamine. Now that's recreational ;)

Lol check this-my shrink said he would never give me bentos for anxiety, it's like alcohol in a pain with my background drug I history. Then I mentioned well I used to be on adderall...throws a 90 day supply of adderall 30mg. Two times a day #180. And I said I need something for sleep he gives me "restoril 30mg", stupidly I asked knowing it was a benzo. He goes "benzodiazepine derivitave" idk if he was just stupid and didn't know his stuff, or figured since it's not commercial benzo it would be ok? I took (5) 150mg, and that felt
Like taking 3 bars but way more euphoric...these doctors will give a junkie pharmacy grade meth but deny you a benzo for anxiety, makes so sense