Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a quality tv show

I would recommend Breaking Bad, Weeds, Community, Raising hope.

i'll chime in and say damages is excellent, and the fourth season was absolutely great. now watching the fifth and it looks like it'll be a really nice ending. i think it helps immensely that the show was run by the same people all through its history, as it's tone and narrative is completely consistent up to the last aired episode.

edit: i also absolutely love justified. next to archer and sunny the only show worth watching on FX

Last edited:
so last week I found one of those tv shows you always dream about finding on imdb

Carnivale http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/

It was on HBO in 2003 and has 2 seasons but was cut due to budget issues (GUTTED)

had to watch it all in the space of a few days its like a book you cant put down

Nice catch.
I'm into season 2 in only a few days, hope I don't get left hanging at the end.

they clear up most of the questions so its not a disappointing finish really,

just annoying because i think alot more seasons could have been done with all the talent involved in that show

250px-Police_squad_in_colour.jpg

Police Squad! is a television comedy series first broadcast in 1982, created by Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker and starring Leslie Nielsen. A spoof of police procedurals, the series was packed with ZAZ's usual sight gags, wordplay and non-sequiturs. Although cancelled after only six episodes, the show spawned the successful Naked Gun film series.

Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=het1kl-A8qw

I love this type of humor. It was a great show that got cancelled too hastily probably due to the quick & subtle humor that forces you to pay attention and the lack of a laugh track. The same could be said of Arrested Development. People like being spoonfed jokes.

i'll chime in and say damages is excellent, and the fourth season was absolutely great. now watching the fifth and it looks like it'll be a really nice ending. i think it helps immensely that the show was run by the same people all through its history, as it's tone and narrative is completely consistent up to the last aired episode.

edit: i also absolutely love justified. next to archer and sunny the only show worth watching on FX

I also loved justified and archer and always sunny. No one has mentioned 'unsupervised' (well i did a search of this thread and nothing came up) from the makers of always sunny, did anyone else enjoy that? I believe they are making a 2nd season, even though the ratings were not too high, archer was alot more popular ratings wise. But i enjoyed the funny antics of the unsupervised kids and adults in the show, i cant wait for the 2nd season.

Also southland was great and i enjoyed Longmire as well. <--- Both those have probably been mentioned, i didnt search sorry :(

I'll have to check out damages sometime.

Because it was bumped I want to agree with the on poster who said Louie. The season is airing now on FX so check it out.

they clear up most of the questions so its not a disappointing finish really,

just annoying because i think alot more seasons could have been done with all the talent involved in that show

Finished watching it.
I get the ending, but it did kinda finish like there could have been another season.
NSFW:
I get the whole "Sophie is the Omega" messege and the action in the second last scene and never saw that coming.

"Come on people, let's shake some dust". - Sampson. ;)

Thanks Mysterie, I really enjoyed it.

I suggest "Sherlock" as a great show. There are 2 seasons availabe for download at the moment.
(Only 3 episodes per season, but they are all 90 minutes and there is a season 3 coming up next year).
Well worth seeing as it is a high quality show.
Let me know if you need a link to download it.

I know it was mentioned once, but Luther is an awesome show. I love psycho/sociopaths and a good portrayal is awesome. Alice Morgan is really incredible in this.
afae4fdd9f64a40cc8caa4f2f1bc269b.jpg

If you have a good week to do literally nothing watch Battlestar Galactica.. or, Twin Peaks. They're both amazing time wasters.

^ both excellent but neither is a waste of time, imo :)

alasdair