Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

Just watched Harlem Street Singer again. It's about Reverend Gary Davis, a blind guitar player/folk musician who had a very distinctive playing style. He was a true virtuoso on the instrument. @Zopiclone bandit @skipjames @brokedownpalace10 I have the DVD so get to watch the bonus features. Here it is on youtube:

(trailer)

(trailer + film for rent or purchase)

Documentary on Joseph Goebbels, head of propaganda in Nazi Germany, narrated by Walter Cronkite

Someone pointed this out in the comments for the video, but skip to 9:19-9:23 for something that hits a bit close to home as an American lol

Documentary about a strike of coal miners in Kentucky during the 1970s

A classic film about the class struggle...I loved the interview with the old miner (12:20-15:00) about the political lessons he learned through his first strike as a child. I wonder what remains of the culture of unionism in places like Harlan county

Documentary about a strike of coal miners in Kentucky during the 1970s

A classic film about the class struggle...I loved the interview with the old miner (12:20-15:00) about the political lessons he learned through his first strike as a child. I wonder what remains of the culture of unionism in places like Harlan county

I got this and Senna as my documentaries on deck. Recently saw Corporation and it's still as poignant as ever, although a tad dry in its delivery of straight facts.

There was a documentary about the street kids in Seattle and I forgot the name of it. It revolves around the life of a 13 or 14-year-old girl who's on the streets and does dates for money.
I'm gonna try to find the same of it online. I think the documentary was named after that girl, but maybe not. I think the girl's name in Tiny or something.

Does anyone know which doc I'm talking about?

There was a documentary about the street kids in Seattle and I forgot the name of it. It revolves around the life of a 13 or 14-year-old girl who's on the streets and does dates for money.
I'm gonna try to find the same of it online. I think the documentary was named after that girl, but maybe not. I think the girl's name in Tiny or something.

Does anyone know which doc I'm talking about?
Streetwise?

I think I've mentioned this doc before, I actually made a copy of it for my drug counselor that I had to see for probation right around the time it came out and the weird thing is he enjoyed it a little too much and thought certain parts were kinda of funny.
I will most definitely check this out when I have a second. Thanks for sharing.

Remember reading about this years ago.

Odd that trailer isn't available 🤔
Well made doc, on Netflix re. Bio-ethics & Bio-engineering.

"King of Clones"

Last edited:
Rich Hill is a 2014 American documentary film co-produced and directed by Andrew Droz Palermo and Tracy Droz Tragos about Rich Hill, Missouri. The film premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the U.S. Grand Jury Prize for a documentary. If you've never seen this documentary please give it a look. I think you'll find it was worth the time. The song Black Flies by Ben Howard was premiered during the closing credits of the film. It's the perfect ending...
https://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi814001177/?ref_=ext_shr

Last edited: