• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

Use RCs as they are a good tool to discovering more of the vast potential of the mind. Psychedelic experiences need to start somewhere, with some brave-hearted people to take on the task of experimenting. Imagine if people were too afraid of the effects of LSD due to lack of research. We merely aid the process along.

well, i read pihkal, got interested, found a supplier... i go into it with the intention of having fun while at the same time learning something valuable, as i have with mainstream psychedelics. I have mad respect for the people who put thier ass on the line to get these RC's to the people. True martyrs in my opinion, viva la resistance!

Well, why do travellers go to many different countries? After all, you can settle on one country and keep visiting it your entire life - and you'd still never fully cover it. Yet, many people choose to travel to many differnt countries in their lives.

I see the situation with new psychedelics to be the same.

why? because i enjoy psychedelics, they're easy to get compared to lsd or shrooms and they give me something to look forward to. i used to be all about the E, but that really got old. rc's is a new adventure every time. and you can mix and match. i view as both a hobby and a lifestyle.

One issue that I think is often overlooked is that so called "research chemicals" tend to be distributed directly from a manufacturer to an end-user, sometimes through a single intermediary. The fact that there isn't a black-market economy forcing people to flood the market with fake, cut, or otherwise lower-quality substances. Once you've established a good relationship with a chemical manufacturer, you can get a great deal of repeatability in acquiring chemicals. For me, I can't find that sort of situation when dealing through the black market.

I don't like buying street drugs because it makes it difficult to employ the safest practices as possible (dealing with known quantities and known purities- though that's not to say that anybody can assume any RC is pure, but I personally have greater faith in my own suppliers than the random people I meet through the local drug subculture).

So, in that respect, rather than get "acid" which could be any number of things and at any unknown dosage, I can take a titrated, exact dosage of DOM, DOC, DOI, DOB, et cetera. Rather than take an "e cut with 2cb" I can take exact dosage of 2CB, 2CC, 2CI, 2CE, 2CT2, 2CT7, 2CT21, 2CP, etc.

Not only that, but I can store a lifetime's supply of all of them in a safe place. Having that around is also a big factor. I'm somewhat of a drug collector... With multiple samples of at least 50 psychoactive substances. It's like being a living museum...

I should also note that I don't sell drugs to anybody, so I'm not concerned about having things that interest or appeal to anybody else.

All the standard reasons

I find them fun and at times profound

LSD is rare around here

I want to try everything

It's a hobby

And a couple less orthodox ones

I like being the guy who has drugs no one else has

They finance my more mundane drug habits

RCs are no different than any other drugs. I originally tried them out of interest and also I'd finally gotten the chance to buy some. I continued to use them because I found them not only fun but enlightening.

There is no distinguishing between "research chemicals' and other psychedelics. They are all psychedelics to me, and I use them because of their effects (obviously.)

In many cases, I find the 'research chemicals' more suitable for me than 'classic' psychedelics. I don't like mushrooms or DMT, and LSD lasts too long. 2C-B and 2C-D are more to my liking, and when I want a tryptamine experience....I like iprocin best.

Again, from my point of view, they are all psychedelics. The fact that iprocin doesn't have 10,000 years of history means nothing to me and doesn't make the experience less 'valid' than a psilocin experience.

fastandbulbous said:
Curiosity to experience variations on the psychedelic experience, plain & simple :)

Once you've established a good relationship with a chemical manufacturer, you can get a great deal of repeatability in acquiring chemicals. For me, I can't find that sort of situation when dealing through the black market.

I don't like buying street drugs because it makes it difficult to employ the safest practices as possible (dealing with known quantities and known purities- though that's not to say that anybody can assume any RC is pure, but I personally have greater faith in my own suppliers than the random people I meet through the local drug subculture).

So, in that respect, rather than get "acid" which could be any number of things and at any unknown dosage, I can take a titrated, exact dosage of DOM, DOC, DOI, DOB, et cetera. Rather than take an "e cut with 2cb" I can take exact dosage of 2CB, 2CC, 2CI, 2CE, 2CT2, 2CT7, 2CT21, 2CP, etc.

Not only that, but I can store a lifetime's supply of all of them in a safe place. Having that around is also a big factor. I'm somewhat of a drug collector... With multiple samples of at least 50 psychoactive substances. It's like being a living museum...

I have found that psychs are the class of drugs that I find the most enjoyable. I love them, always have since I have found them. Once I found a reliable source, I literally jumped for joy. I have a consistent source for chemicals that I love, and I'm happy about that. Psychs were not easy to find in the past, but now that I can find them, I'm happy.

It's more than a drug experience, it's a life experience. I don't trip very often, but when I do it's for a reason. The experience is a great thing both entertaining and learning and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I take them both for flat out entertainment and for learning, depending on the substance. So, as for your OP, I indulge for fun and for alternative circs. Would I trade them away? Hell no. The most literal answer to your OP, they are fun and teaching, and I'll use them as much as I can.

trancedeviate said:
I will not speak for anyone else, but in the past I have been completely head over heels 'addicted' to the psychedelic experience. I still remember the one trip that set me on my journey. For a year or two I went through a period where all I wanted to do was lose myself into that blissful and cosmic infinite, you could see it in my eyes when you talked to me, I was out there. I loved it. I'm not sure if I did any permanent damage neurologically speaking, I'm sure it didn't raise my IQ at all, but on the other hand I wouldn't take it back because it showed me what I had been looking for. I have to add, it was fucking scary when I realized it, but then it was too late and I had to either accept it, or be miserable. Not much of a choice.

I truly beleive some people are "meant" to be trippers. It's either something about their brain chemistry, or the way that our 'maker' designed us, but the first time I really was floored from psychedelics, I felt as if I had discovered my purpose. Fucked up sounding, I know. In reality I ended up abusing psychedelics quite a lot just because I had such a voracious appetite for the experience itself.

ditto.

poobread said:
-->>it's obviously not the same reason an addict does any other type of drug. With psychedelics, do you view it as a hobby of yours? Just your lifestyle? Or does it serve some sort of utility in your life?

why does this poster assume a person that used 5-meo-dmt is an "addict"getting a fix?

^I don't think Poobread (what a great name) is suggesting anyones an addict as such, just trying to understand why people would use drugs that have similar primary effects.

edit: incidentally I don't think its all that wise to metnion you have a lifetime supply of drugs....;)

Trying out various new designer drugs is most definitely a hobby, yes. Most of those I am attracted to are psychedelic. This blends into lifestyle... I wholeheardtedly believe that psychedelic drugs are illegal because the powers that be want to ascertain that the majority of people do not use them so that they won't see through the arbitrary construct that is being dished up as being the ultimate reality. And yeah, they're helpful. Not every trip is easy, and sometimes I have difficult experiences during or even after the sue of such drugs, but on the whole I consider them great allies on my journey toward true selfhood. They're sacraments, or tools at least - although the toy aspect is not to be neglected. Tripping can be outright fun, and I do think it's more interesting to have some two dozen or more compounds at my disposal that "flick that trip switch" in my brain than just acid and mushrooms. Variety is the spice of life. They all lead to the same place, but they go there by different means. I like to enjoy various sceneries. And like sn0wburt0n said, "you can mix and match" - oh, the fun :D Collecting experiences while exploring the self. This is buddhist in the sense that we seek inwardly rather than outwardly. Speaking to my say-no-to-drugs friend who likes extreme sports such as surfing and skateboarding and who has broken many bones in his body I didn't even know existed, I found out that we both seek and find the the same thing... borderline experiences, dancing on the edge... in what we do.

Last edited:
/\ yeah, isn't it? I thought of surfing and skateboardign friend but I also thought of Columbus and Colonialism when I read that and thought to myself: "What would have become of the world had he been a triphead and not an explorer of oceans?"

inner realms, conquering self not other. or is that surrendering rather than conquering? sometimes I wonder. but I do know that the more i resist the harder it is.

because mushrooms taught me something valuble, they changed my life and from that day on i got interested in psychedelics, i always loved weed and mushrooms seemed to be a catalyst to making me a better person. I got interested in these sorts of drugs w2hen i read about phikal and thikal through erowid, i think alot of the RC's are pretty safe unless used in silly amounts.

Because I'm not a big fan of LSD, and mushrooms don't last long enough for me to always want to use them as my psychedelic catalyst. Psychedelics like DOC and 2C-T-7 and AMT are distinctly preferable to LSD for me.