View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

poobread

Greenlighter
I've been lurking around this forum for a while, especially PD. Something kept nagging me when I went through threads of people talking about the various PEAs and etc they've tried. For those of you that have used a decent amount of RC's, especially the obscure ones, why do you do it?

This strikes me because it's obviously not the same reason an addict does any other type of drug. With psychedelics, do you view it as a hobby of yours? Just your lifestyle? Or does it serve some sort of utility in your life?

Why can't it be all of the above, depending on the person and the drug?

i understand what he's saying though... it is an "addiction" to the psychadelic experience? im sure plenty here have gone on binges with psychadelics and such....

also i dont think this is breaking any rules, but for those who have tried RC, did you just happen to come across them, or order them, make em? ive never even seen any 2C compounds or anything like that around here, so just wondering

Personally, I don't use RCs mainly because I can't get them. Being a connoisseur of psychedelics would be fun IMO.

It is for fun and out of curiousity -

I have tried mushrooms many many times and I like to try new psychedelics to explore other aspects of the psychedelic experience - each compound takes you to a slightly different place in your mind - each is a unique tool for exploring your own consciousness-

I am most interested in the simpler tryptamines, built off the structure of DMT- DPT, MET, DET, etc-

i just find it amazing how, relatively speaking simple it is to make these compounds, more specifically how you can replace one or two molecules and it changes the structure completely, the effects, etc....

and yeah, i wish i could get RC's.... reliably anyways....

Yeah, I mean I personally don't really use anything classified as an "RC"- lack of availability and desire. That said, I have had some fun with those drugs; esp. the tryptamine based ones. These days, while I would like to add some more notches to my belt so to speak, I'm pretty content with my arsenal.

Curiosity to experience variations on the psychedelic experience, plain & simple :)

for fun willow what is your 'primary arsenal' -

mine is:
marijuana
DMT
DPT
LSD
mushrooms\4-HO-DMT
ketamine

hippyflippy said:
i understand what he's saying though... it is an "addiction" to the psychadelic experience? im sure plenty here have gone on binges with psychadelics and such....

also i dont think this is breaking any rules, but for those who have tried RC, did you just happen to come across them, or order them, make em? ive never even seen any 2C compounds or anything like that around here, so just wondering

I have that same question.

[No asking about sources]

Last edited by a moderator:
Primary arsenal-

DMT
5-Meo-DMT (when it comes back, I recently finished my stash)
Salvia
Mushrooms (p. subaerignosa)
Mescaline (creeping in)
Nitrous
Weed
EDIT: LSD, though not so much these days

good ones, all of them,

well I dont know about salvia, I still haven't tried that-

(oh or mescaline either!)

Various reasons, I like to try new things, Also I like to be able to say, "Yeah i've done that.". Also it's fun. Yes I do see it as a hobby.

I like psychedelics and they're all different, that's why I do them. This seems like a silly question.

I actually have access to nearly every RC there is. I'm expecting a shipment to "test" in the coming month.

hippyflippy said:
i understand what he's saying though... it is an "addiction" to the psychadelic experience?

I will not speak for anyone else, but in the past I have been completely head over heels 'addicted' to the psychedelic experience. I still remember the one trip that set me on my journey. For a year or two I went through a period where all I wanted to do was lose myself into that blissful and cosmic infinite, you could see it in my eyes when you talked to me, I was out there. I loved it. I'm not sure if I did any permanent damage neurologically speaking, I'm sure it didn't raise my IQ at all, but on the other hand I wouldn't take it back because it showed me what I had been looking for. I have to add, it was fucking scary when I realized it, but then it was too late and I had to either accept it, or be miserable. Not much of a choice.

I truly beleive some people are "meant" to be trippers. It's either something about their brain chemistry, or the way that our 'maker' designed us, but the first time I really was floored from psychedelics, I felt as if I had discovered my purpose. Fucked up sounding, I know. In reality I ended up abusing psychedelics quite a lot just because I had such a voracious appetite for the experience itself.

I've used a myriad of relatively unresearched psychedelics simply to explore different experiences. Some of them I like more then others. Trying new ones is simply about finding the one that is most useful to me. Some of them I really enjoy, some of them are meerly ok, and some of them I have no real interest in after the initial trial.

I find that I trip fairly often, generally once a week or once every two weeks. I am not so much addicted to the psychedelic experience itself as much as the way it enhances various experiences I seek out. All the times when I've taken psychedelics expecting them to entertain me more or less by themselves I generally find myself sitting at home relatively bored.

Going out into nature or to a party is where it's at. Things that are fun without drugs are more fun with them

I had heard about all the typical drugs while I was growing up... by the time I was 18 I had some idea what LSD, DXM, PCP, Meth, Heroin, etc. were. I had no expectations whatsoever for what research chemicals are or should be until I bought copies of Pihkal/Tihkal for myself. Some of the first ones that showed up were rather unpleasant, but once you've found a chemical or two that you can truly believe in and enjoy, the effect is profound. The appeal of rare chemicals is obvious to the people that explore them.