• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

new experience, realization of things, fun, makes you feel good, reduces anxiety, list goes on :p

To experientially inquire into the quantum-molecular nature of perception & consciousness --we drop research chems the way others read philosophy. -_^

Also see myself as a pioneer. trying to find and map out new mindspaces to inhabit.

Last edited:
I like drugs. I like the whole lifestyle, I'm a junky. What do you want me to say, lady? - Drugstore Cowboy.

In general we know the basic mechanism of how they work because they're usually of similar structure with the known main effect being 5-HT2a agonist.

The real pioneers were those dosing LSD in the 40s, with no idea what was going on up there. They could have been instilling permanent brain damage/psychosis, they were the real guinea pigs.

The way things are now where you can search EC/IC 50 numbers on most RC's out there and have a bunch of reports from people who've already tested it. It's not quite so dangerous.

It get dangerous when someone who is uneducated in pharmacology and milligram scales orders a bag of white powder and goes into it.

Hm. PepperSocks, your perspective of RCs seems to be a lil' serotonin-centric.

Designer arylcyclohexylamines be fucking with my NMDA and μ-opioid receptors, LSD has been described as having "receptor promiscuity," &there's a whole multihued universe of RCs these days that work on many different receptor systems. Don't idealize the past, please. Kids who have been dropping: 6-APB, 5-APB, MDAI, 25c-nBOME, MXE, 5-IAI, 2-AI, the fly/hemi-fly/dragonflies, the substituted cathinones, synthetic cannabinoids, etc really are pioneers too. Many of these things have only been commercially available for under a year. We are the test subjects for better space chimps 0_0

Last edited:
Yes, I do idealize the past. As you say, kids dropping all those things with reckless abandon and without scales are exactly why the RC scene is crumbling fast. Finding good sources used to be very hard and only the educated had access to the materials. Nowadays you have google listings all these super easy to find, even less tested monoamine releasing agents. This is where the problem lies, as being reckless guinea pigs, the results that come from their use are rather negative and media attention grabbing.

As I found out recently it's gotten to the point that one of the best (and hard to find) sources from days gone by are shutting up shop because of the media attention and increased laws/risk. It's a downward slope fueled by greedy vendors who are too easy to find, stock especially dangerous chemicals, and sell them to anyone who'll buy without using discretion by gauging their level of responsibility (proper use of the English language). They sell to high school kids who likely send messages like "Yo, I'd like 5g's of 'drone".

I do it because I know what I'd doing and I enjoy it. If things keep going the way it is, anything with a phenethylamine, tryptamine, or arylcyclohexylamine backbone is going to be scheduled and the entire grey RC market shut down.

The golden age is long gone.

Some of the best chems I have ever tried were 'RCs'. Though I think that term is hopelessly outdated. There is a fantastic selection of amazing chemicals out there. Im just glad to have been around to enjoy it, because it seems like it will all come to an end soon enough.

Yes, I do idealize the past. As you say, kids dropping all those things with reckless abandon and without scales are exactly why the RC scene is crumbling fast. Finding good sources used to be very hard and only the educated had access to the materials. Nowadays you have google listings all these super easy to find, even less tested monoamine releasing agents. This is where the problem lies, as being reckless guinea pigs, the results that come from their use are rather negative and media attention grabbing.

As I found out recently it's gotten to the point that one of the best (and hard to find) sources from days gone by are shutting up shop because of the media attention and increased laws/risk. It's a downward slope fueled by greedy vendors who are too easy to find, stock especially dangerous chemicals, and sell them to anyone who'll buy without using discretion by gauging their level of responsibility (proper use of the English language). They sell to high school kids who likely send messages like "Yo, I'd like 5g's of 'drone".

I do it because I know what I'd doing and I enjoy it. If things keep going the way it is, anything with a phenethylamine, tryptamine, or arylcyclohexylamine backbone is going to be scheduled and the entire grey RC market shut down.

The golden age is long gone.

Seriously?? Your "Golden Age" pioneers brought psychedelia out of the realm of spirituality and research into the public world of partying.
Oooh, "Turn on. Tune in. Drop out." Really??

If it weren't for this irresponsibility and "Freedom", LSD and MDMA would still be perfectly legal.

At least nowadays the misuse isn't on a grand, public scale.
Sure, there are the retarded kids out there trying to get fucked up.
How many junkies do you know who even know about M1 and Mephedrone??
I know very few people who have ever even heard of any of the RCs, and even fewer are people who want to party.

(BTW, have you ever tried to buy chemicals from those easy google listings?? Have fun being scammed.)

It seems to me like the general attitude lately has been discretion and research, experimentation and journeying.
Psychonautics, not partying.

Back on topic..
I use RCs as new psychonautic techniques.

Seriously?? Your "Golden Age" pioneers brought psychedelia out of the realm of spirituality and research into the public world of partying.
Oooh, "Turn on. Tune in. Drop out." Really??

By golden age I was talking about the online RC scene as it was 2-5 years ago.

If it weren't for this irresponsibility and "Freedom", LSD and MDMA would still be perfectly legal.

This is my point. It's the kids out there with easy access who don't use scales that are going to be making all these RC's illegal.

And by pioneers I'm talking about Hoffman, et al. in the 40s who didn't know anything about what LSD was doing but persisted with their experiments not knowing the consequences. They braved the new waters with careful precision.

Fuck Timothy Leary.

The real pioneers were those dosing LSD in the 40s, with no idea what was going on up there. They could have been instilling permanent brain damage/psychosis, they were the real guinea pigs.

yes i've often wondered this myself.
reflective question: do you think you personally would have taken the plunge and taken acid in the sixties?
i think i would have after alot of people already had but i am pretty sure i wouldn't have been one of the first...

Fuck Timothy Leary.

i was reading the Andy Warhol diaries earlier, here's an excerpt from October 4, 1977...
"at dinner later at Quo Vadis, Tim Leary was real sweet"..."and i can't believe it, he remembers each time he ever saw me in the sixties and then in St Moritz - what I was wearing, everything"

Yes, then I agree. The recent boom in the RC scene has become a problem.. My damn 5-MEO-DMT is gone!! >.<
And I never even got a chance to research aMT.. Arrgh.

Personally though, I'm much less worried about the random kids getting high than the businesses trying to make a killing.
I mean, spice paved the way; bath salts showed up quickly after that.
At least psychedelics aren't as popular with junkies, but I can't imagine it will be too long before someone gets wind of a new high.
Then, once there are 2C-'s and DO-'s being sold in smoke shops.. I can't imagine.
Stock up folks.

Hoffman and Shulgin are definitely the pioneers.
Still, I wouldn't exclude us.
Chemists, even those who experiment on themselves, are more focused on the physiological and mental effects.
Myself, as a cognitive scientist, I focus on the integration and utilization of the psychedelic experience.
Many others focus on the spiritual aspects of it all. (Though I kinda believe they're the same thing, they manifest differently.)

We might not be pioneers testing the substances, but we are pioneering research.
This even includes broad and long-term studies.
(Really, there ought to be more didactic and empirical studies on the long-term effects, since this is information we're all lacking now).

Also,
Fuck Timothy Leary.
Yes. Haha haha!

I do RC's because somebody has to be the labrat, every time I take a random chemical that only a handful of people even know about I feel like I'm part of the original acid tests. It's the breakthrough feeling.

pepsi, I've seen this post already.
So firstly, don't post multiple times regarding the same topic.
Second, don't talk about vendors.
Third, stick to the topic (or at least a tangent).

If you want to be respected in the community, follow the basic rules.

2 years ago socks?
cause hell that was jjust before me goddamn
i caught the end of the meph craze, i remember how much of BL was UK people talking about stupid RCs and vendors and shit..

I had never even heard of BL before this year, haha.
But isn't BL like, all about talking about RCs and shit??
I mean, not solely.. I'm just struggling to find what you're driving at LSDMDMA&AMP haha.

this forum/a lot of BL seemed to be filled with a lot more UK people all talking about vendors and meph about a little more than a year ago, like when i first registered, it seems to me at least

Ohh, I see. You know, I actually noticed that when I first signed up, too.
Like, everyone was constantly talking like, "a certain trusted vendor" "a reputable UK source" "THE UK vendor" blah, blah, blah.

I think that even that sort of vendor discussion should be prohibited.
The only legitimate reason I can see for anything like that would be for batch and purity discussion.
But that's shady area, and we can compare and contrast batches with other means.

I don't care where you get the compounds, I care about purity, form, and effect. Right??

oh god you shoulda been here when "benzo fury" was around let me tell you
THE OFFICAL 5
THE TRUSTED 5
BENZO FURY OMG BETTER THAN ECSTASY OMG OMG OMG OMG
anybody else notice how that fizzled out?
i'd like to try 5/6APB if its legit shit though.