• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

Cause you need something new when all previous stuff lead to : addiction, to much bad sides, to long-short acting, you got bored with the same trip everytime, you lose magic, ...
Like looking for a new girl, this one wil be the good one !

I've been lurking around this forum for a while, especially PD. Something kept nagging me when I went through threads of people talking about the various PEAs and etc they've tried. For those of you that have used a decent amount of RC's, especially the obscure ones, why do you do it?

A combination of curiosity and the fact that some RCs are unique w/r/t the five popular psychedelics (acid, mushrooms, mescaline, DMT, ecstasy). DPT is the elephant in the room, but 2C-T-2, 25C-NBOMe, 5-MeO-MiPT, DiPT, 6-APB, methylone, and plenty of others all have a lot to offer.

What´s a Research Chemical anyway? or a designer drug?
MDMA could just as well have been a "RC" today.
LSD was a "RC" once, yes, it was.........
And what about aMT, it´s still an "RC" today, even though it´s been around as long as LSD.

The reason for trying new variations of old and well-known drugs should be obvious. I find OP´s question stupid and don´t see why this thread should be brought back to life (?) robertetritsch. Just so you could shill your new shit drug MDMK. go away robertetritsch.

What´s a Research Chemical anyway?

...LSD was a "RC" once, yes, it was...

...I find OP´s question stupid and don´t see why this thread should be brought back to life (?) robertetritsch.

While I completely agree with your critical analysis (emphasis on the critical), I think the OP has a good question- but perhaps phrased it inappropriately.

Any head who is anyone knows Alice was a research chem at one time, but that time has passed and she is now part of the pantheon of "classics". So what?

The OP question still stands- What prompts someone to want to shelve the Old Gods and dip into the waters of new entheogens?

In due time even NBOMe will be old hat. But still there will be a crop of folk who seek the newer, more untried RCs just hitting the market. Why do they do it? I think it's a worthwhile question that has garnered interesting answers.

The long standing hunger for exploration and the love of the psychedelic state in all respects.

This is why I do it. The cramps said it better:

Life is short,
Filled With stuff.
Dont know what for
I ain't had enough.

I learned all I know, by the age of nine.
But I can better myself if I could only find,
Some new kind of kick,
Something I ain't had,
Somenew kind of buzz,
I want go hog mad!

I'm lookin and lookin and lookin for
Something I ain't had before
I'm lookin and lookin and lookin and lookin to find

Some new kind of kick
Some new kind of kick
Gimme a kick
I wanna kick
Like baby needs mom
Like Suzy needs Dick
This baby needs some new kind of kick.

I want some new kind of kick (4X)
Ohhh I'm lookin and lookin and lookin for
Somethin I ain't had before
I'm lookin and lookin and lookin and lookin to find
Whoooooaaaaaa

Life is short
Filled with stuff
Don't know what for
I ain't had enough
I want some new kind of kick
I wa wa wa wha wha waaaaoooww

Wooow
Energyne!
Barco!
Draino hot shot!
Whack attack!
Helium!
Nitrous oxide!
Formaldehyde!
Some new kind of kick!

That about covers it.

While I completely agree with your critical analysis (emphasis on the critical), I think the OP has a good question- but perhaps phrased it inappropriately.

Any head who is anyone knows Alice was a research chem at one time, but that time has passed and she is now part of the pantheon of "classics". So what?

The OP question still stands- What prompts someone to want to shelve the Old Gods and dip into the waters of new entheogens?

In due time even NBOMe will be old hat. But still there will be a crop of folk who seek the newer, more untried RCs just hitting the market. Why do they do it? I think it's a worthwhile question that has garnered interesting answers.
Yes, sure, I just find it a bit too obvious why some one would do it. Hence a stupid question. But it´s fine really, OP´s post (this thread) is from 2007, the "RC scene" was smaller back then, which gives more validity to his question.

What pisses me off, is that robertetritsch, Who brought this thread back from the graveyard. He´s obviously a troll or a shill.

I do RC's because they are easily accessable, relatively cheap, and different from the other "classic" psychedelics. They also are more reliably pure than a lot of street psychedelics if you have the right sources. My 100mg insufflated experience with DPT was far more intense than any DMT breakthrough I have had so far.

Why do I do it??!!

I use psychedlics as a launching platform when I meditate. For me it's about spiritual awareness and expanded consciousness.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while, especially PD. Something kept nagging me when I went through threads of people talking about the various PEAs and etc they've tried. For those of you that have used a decent amount of RC's, especially the obscure ones, why do you do it?

This strikes me because it's obviously not the same reason an addict does any other type of drug. With psychedelics, do you view it as a hobby of yours? Just your lifestyle? Or does it serve some sort of utility in your life?

I use them to catalyze spiritual experiences.
I also like the novelty of trying new ones. I know I probably couldn't tell the difference between 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-dmt in a blind test but when I try a new one it seems to lend itself to a more unconditioned experience. and unconditioned experience tends to be more spiritual.

because at one point in time it was easier to get ahold of RC's than it was to get acid. I know the two aren't comparable, but RC's were just something else to try out and experiment with.

curiosity, interest in scheduled chemicals that are harder to get a hold of, reputed purity of ordered chemical, legality, no black market hassle

If I could get a gram of LSD at the prices that the NBOMe's are finally being offered at, sure I'd probably never care for RC's again.

no acid no ket no shrooms available, no mdma since 2009, coke too expensive,

what else should i do ? ;)

The world is incomprehensible. We won’t ever understand it; we won’t ever unravel its secrets. Thus we must treat the world as it is: a sheer mystery

Wow, cool thread. RCs are nothing like the windowpane I tripped on 30 yrs ago. I've always believed there's a finite # of times one can trip, and I've done all mine. happened to see something about people getting high on bath salts, so I googled and found out salts were mephedrone (online plant food - not for human consumption!) and that it felt like ecstacy. I always wanted to try E, but never got the chance. When I read meph was legal, actually worked, and home-deliverable, I ordered some. I read people did lines, so I did too. The high was fast, intensely pleasant, and lasted for hours. I poured sweat and my nose was a faucet. More research, and next ordered 5g M1 for comparison. It was better. Since discovering RCs, my outlook each day is uncharacteristically positive. My mental clarity is better and I have an emotional balance I've never known. I can see the big picture. I lurked and learned on BL, and just joined. I know which RCs I'll test next. In summary: for me, for now, RCs are a perfect fit.

Last edited:
The only RC i ever mess around with is mephedrone. i get it from a trusted source and its only around every now and then, so i dont feel bad when i use.

Honestly, i would rather have mephedrone than a random pressed roll.

Iv done probably... 6-10 grams of it total, and I feel like as long as you arnt a daily user/using reasonable ammounts, and your not shooting it up, there isnt any immediate damage. atleast in my case.

but then again... it is a RC

I buy RCs for a few reasons.

1) I'm intrigued by the different effects of them. DPT and 2C-E are incredibly deep. 2C-C and 2C-I are more recreational. 4-AcO-DMT is similar to shrooms.

2) The price per dose of RCs is significantly lower than other more traditional psychs. Shrooms and acid are fucking expensive.

3) Known dosage. I no longer have to worry if the eighth of shrooms I have is too much or too little. I can just weigh out the exact amount I want.

4) Purity. I can do bk-MDMA and have a roll (albeit a weak one compared to the real thing) without having to worry about getting a meth bomb.

5) Ease. I can get what I want when I want.

6) The exciting feeling you get when you've ingested something less than a dozen other people have tried. I remember doing 4-ho-mpt when almost no other reports even existed, besides shulgin's.