• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

pepsi11, you already said that, and we already replied.
Now you're just being inane.

Stims aren't really my thing, except meth binging and real high doses of crack (haha!).
I just don't like the stimulation enough to do it except when going all out and getting psychotic.
So that's only a sometimes game.
I rarely use opiates anymore either.
I'm even cutting back on smoking so I can get another job.
My field requires drug testing almost ubiquitously.

why use rc's/
because you can get them mailed to your house,
if you have a good source, you know its pure.

also because Rc's are the frontier of psychedelia.
there are some good ones out there,

...to try on Sasha's shoes and walk his path once and a while. To open doors which the classic materials don't have keys to...

One of the things I am really happy about the UK mephedrone craze, the subsequent ban of 4-MMC there, and the mainstream RC commercial markets (thinking mainly substituted cathinones, synthetic cannabinoids, and the hijacking of David E. Nichols psychedelic research by legal high makers) that pop up to replace every new ban that comes into effect, is this plethora of new RCs market has created a haze of hype that also brought back into existence old skool RC's (tryptamines and phenethylamines a la Shulgin), many of which have been banned in my region since Operation Web Tryp and before. Some of the oldskool [read as schedule I in the US] RC classics (aMT had been on the scene here since the sixties and had quite a heyday in the US in the early 2000's which of course led to it's scheduling) would never have become available to again me if it weren't for UK vendors and clubbers in a desperate craze to find and capitalize/party on the new mephedrone.

I think the variety of experience that different molecular structures impart is absolutely fascinating, the difference in subjective experience between even such similar compounds like 2C-P and 2C-E is shocking and I wonder what are the pharmacological difference that creates such a vast range in visuals, headspace, body load etc.

My experience with a wide variety of compounds is a large reason that I'm now in the fields of neuroscience and pharmacology. These compounds and their variations are such incredible tools which can help us learn about how the mind and brain work, they can teach us invaluable lessons about the subjective internal human experience.

After getting my first tastes of cannabinoids and other compounds like MDMA I couldn't stop reading and trying new things, I was addicted to learning about the molecular and pharmacological variation of the world of psychoactive and after nearly 16 years of reading and experimentation I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while, especially PD. Something kept nagging me when I went through threads of people talking about the various PEAs and etc they've tried. For those of you that have used a decent amount of RC's, especially the obscure ones, why do you do it?

This strikes me because it's obviously not the same reason an addict does any other type of drug. With psychedelics, do you view it as a hobby of yours? Just your lifestyle? Or does it serve some sort of utility in your life?
Psychedelics I find to have an antidepressant effect/utility more effective than say SSRIs.

Sadly, with the opening of Mushroom dispensaries and legal cannabis (in Canada) with sublime vape cartridges and elixirs,
and,
with the aggressive customs seizures of overseas envelopes and packages that are not AMAZON.COM related
I no longer need to order psychedelics on-line. (where I probably would only want 1-p lsd pellets if they were available)

I am very sad to have missed the 2CE wave when it rolled in, and before it rolled out, but I really do like what I can now find without any legal shadow or resistance.

RC's were a way of accessing what was otherwise completely restricted.