Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

We just wanted to give you a chance to flex those new moderator muscles. :)

How could anyone not like that? The whole thing was full of flavor. 7.75/10

If you like Saturday Night Live you might appreciate this. If not, then I'm really anxious to see the review.
Zeno-"On a Boat Remix"

This is awesome lol! Love original and the remix is pretty good as well. I wish it was a little more dirty and distorted the original. 7/10

The following song never fails to take me to other places. :)

Funkstar Deluxe vs. Bob Marley & the Wailers - Sun Is Shining

Love gettin down on some melbourne shuffle to this tune [:
Odysee by Scarf

That was so cheesy that I don't even think any of Melbourne's hardstyle clubs would actually play it!!! 3/10.

As for the Snoop Dogg track I posted - the lead melody in the track comes from a synthesiser!!!! - surely that more than qualifies it for the 'Electronic music discussion' section of Bluelight!!!!!!

Anyway, on with the thread.............

Lee Burridge & Andy Page - Do You Smoke Pot?

that was pretty enjoyable. i liked the violinish melody in the middle of the track. good techy house. 7/10

Mario Fabriani - Good God Almighty

That's the way I like my house. Love the disco hooks. :) 7.5/10

I might have posted this one, but I am not sure, I don't think I've posted to many Shpongle songs even though I love them to death. this is a remix by Ott and it's really good. It has a different feel to most Shpongle songs, it's almost sad. :)

The start is a little weird, but just wait on the dub to kick in at around 2:30. It's like magic or something. =D

Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze [Ott Remix]

That's the way I like my house. Love the disco hooks. :) 7.5/10

I might have posted this one, but I am not sure, I don't think I've posted to many Shpongle songs even though I love them to death. this is a remix by Ott and it's really good. It has a different feel to most Shpongle songs, it's almost sad. :)

The start is a little weird, but just wait on the dub to kick in at around 2:30. It's like magic or something. =D

Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze [Ott Remix]

Nice Relaxing track. I like the tribal-ness of it.
7/10

Dubuasca by Bassnectar

Marc Anthony - ride on the rythem (Kenlou remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AVTSvg5ww&feature=related

A nice house track, with some nice old-school synth sounds. I'm a little surprised at the rap (it sounds more like the KLF/Snap than Little Louie), but still a nice track. 6/10.

By the way, Underworld rule!!!! - 'Dark Train' actually was featured in Trainspotting - the scene where Renton is lying in his bed, coming off heroin (remember the baby crawling acorss the ceiling?). It's easily a 10/10 track imo!!!

Underworld - Pearls Girl ('Tin There' mix)

By the way, Underworld rule!!!! - 'Dark Train' actually was featured in Trainspotting - the scene where Renton is lying in his bed, coming off heroin (remember the baby crawling acorss the ceiling?). It's easily a 10/10 track imo!!!

Underworld - Pearls Girl ('Tin There' mix)

Ok, so you're tryin' to get me into underworld =D Yeah, I'm sure you're right 'bout that movie scene. I instinctively thought about that scene, but somehow I was convinced it was a different track.

Yes, I have to admit that this is an excellent track as well. Dancefloor minded and with a hypnotic appeal. So yeah, they have made some killer tunes, no doubt about it, but I'm still convinced that if I would look at their entire discography I'll have to conclude that they've also made alot of unnecessary tracks. To me most of their albums contain some banging tunes, but the rest is just filling. Or maybe I haven't listened enough to them, that's a possibility too :) Anyway 8/10

Masters at work - I can't get no sleep (MK mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StTbzUYFXE&feature=related
Allthough the masters at work are some pretty good producers, I really think MK (mark kinchen) is taking this track to another level.

Hey it's supposed to be youtube only, but I'll let you off seeing as I liked the track you posted :) - it was basically a psychadelic rock track - reminded me of The Verve (which is very much a good thing!!!). 7/10.

Wave Jumper said:
Ok, so you're tryin' to get me into underworld Yeah, I'm sure you're right 'bout that movie scene. I instinctively thought about that scene, but somehow I was convinced it was a different track.

I try to get everyone into Underworld - they're my alltime favourite producers, and I feel it's my duty to spread the word :)

- here's the scene from Trainspotting with 'Dark Train' playing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgeDh1WCyeM - man I love that movie so much!!!

As for Underworld's albums, 'Dubnobasswithmyheadman' and 'Second toughest in the infants' are both faultless, but all their albums after those have been a bit patchy imo (although they all still have a few gems on them). You also have to remember that Underworld aren't just interested in making dancefloor techno anthems - their background is in synthpop, but they've made everything from ambient to guitar pop to drum n bass. Their originality and diversity blow my mind!!!!!!!!

Underworld - Luetin

Hey it's supposed to be youtube only, but I'll let you off seeing as I liked the track you posted :)

This is true... but in part defense of the OP I searched you tube and that song is not available.

I try to get everyone into Underworld - they're my alltime favourite producers, and I feel it's my duty to spread the word :)

I think everyone in EDM has taken note of this. %)

7/10 This is probably my favorite Underworld track you have posted. The vocals were the only low point imo. Nothing amazing but would get me dancing at a party.

Project Bassline - Drop The Pressure (Jack Beats Remix)

Last edited:
Live that song kills it, hell im getting the chills right now just thinking back on all the events where this song has made me lose my shit, but its just not as amazing when listening to it on my computer.

That said it's still a great track. 8/10

Being the Bassnectar junkie I am, Im going to post more Bassnectar
Bassnectar - Fsosf

Being the Bassnectar junkie I am, Im going to post more Bassnectar
Bassnectar - Fsosf

Bassnectar is a prophet. In all honesty, I personally consider him one of the ten most important human beings living on this planet today. This song is a celebration of everything good in the world. 11/10.

(Sorry, can't help but be zealous, I'm a convert, what can I say ...)

It's inspiring me to post Beats Antique!
Beats Antique - Mission