Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gone to Starscape before?? How was it, I looked at the pictures of the place and it looks fairly small.... (guess cuz I just got back from Ultra and it sold out both days 105 thousand people) Im planning on going up to baltimore solo for it, never been to baltimore or starscape and there is a LOT of BLers in that area I want to meet. need to find someone to split a hotel with.

In the spirit of Starscape I'll throw up some Wolfgang Gartner - Frenetica
8/10

Love the bassline and the breakdown... I heard a remix of this at Ultra last week... pretty sure a-trak dropped it. I regret missing Wolfgang @ Ultra :(

Stick Em (TJR Remix) - DJ Dan & Donald Glaude

This shit is daaaarrrrrrkkkkkk. I love it. This is for interludes between 4 and 5 AM, when you're just about to start really coming down from that double drop at 11:30, but you're still rolling and you've reached a perfectly fluid, empty state and your entire body feels like a cloud chamber. When shit like this comes on the system, the only people who keep dancing are the ones who know they're getting laid back at home in two or three hours (anyone who doesn't have a cuddlebuddy on lock when this song comes on is going to leave the dance floor to go find one), and just want to enjoy a spacious dance floor where they can add lots of subtleties to their dancing, everyone is given more freedom to admire each others' movements, and the true masters on the dance floor can recognize and honor each other while the new converts learn by leaps and bounds. Music like this makes for my absolute favorite moments during parties, when I feel perfectly in flow. 10/10.

An attempt to match the vibe ...
Trentemoller - Into The Trees

Word, the only Scuba album I have is A Mutual Antipathy, I'll have to pick up Triangulation as well.

This Milton Bradley track is actually too understated and ambient. There's not quite enough going on to dance to ... this is background music for something really, really creepy, but it's not something to play over a system to make people move. I can't quite get into it, there's no happy medium between the scattered laser and echo sounds and the too-far-away bass. 4/10.

I'm changing the pace a bit here, 'cause Francois K is camping with me and my crew at Burning Man this year and shit is going to be unreal. I've lost count of how many times I've re-fallen in love with house music ... and now I'll get a week in the desert with a living legend. I'm not sure if I could possibly be pumped enough.
Francois K - Time And Space

Thizzer's already posted this (he loves Bassnectar as much as I love Underworld :) ), but I'm not complaining seeing as it's a good song. Dubstep needs the occasional anthem, and this is pretty much guarenteed to put a smile on peoples' faces :) 7.5/10.
]

Of course he has 8)
Lol

effin' lovely. It's just the right speed, cheese-free, and the sounds are rich and meaty, lol.
10/10
Mouse on Mars-"Wipe that Sound"

Pretty good song! I re-listened to it a couple times so I could juggle to it ;)
7.8/10

I never listen to hip-hop/rap. But when RATATAT does it, its better somehow.
Young Buck, The Game & Ludacris - Stomp (RATATAT REMIX)

I never listen to hip-hop/rap. But when RATATAT does it, its better somehow.
Young Buck, The Game & Ludacris - Stomp (RATATAT REMIX)

The beat is sick as hell. But the song doesn't get good until Luda comes in. He makes the other two rappers look like amateurs. This song would be way better if it was just him. Electronic-music-wise, I'd call this a huge success for Ratatat, but the song they picked could've been better. 6/10.

I was going to post "Reach Out For Dub Girl" by this artist because it was the only track I knew, but I clicked around YouTube with some curiosity to see what else was out there by him, and found this gem.
Blasta - Majestic Savannah Plains Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.