Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can go from calling Eels "vapid background music" to posting Merzbow. I don't really know how to rate a Merzbow composition - they're all random bits of static punctuated with eardrum-wrecking electronic shrieks and wails. I can respect Merzbow's dedication to his art, but I certainly can't listen to it.

The Antlers - "Two"

I don't know how you can go from calling Eels "vapid background music" to posting Merzbow.

Quite easily :)
I haven't heard much Merzbow really, and of what I have heard Requiem has been the only song I liked. It's a cover too, so I might just not be a Merzbow fan, but I do like that song though.
I'll give yours a 5/10 too, I just didn't like it
Here's something I love

First word of the last sentence is a link mayn ;)
I'm gonna let the next guy rate yours

6.5/10, i like the bitcrusher, but the vocals aren't great IMO

Battles - Sundome

The actual song starts at 2:54, if you're not into long intros then just skip to that part.

I don't know...I was having a hard time discerning the vocal melody over the guitar (I think a studio version of the song would have been better for a first listen), but what I could make out didn't really hit home with me. Her singing style seemed more like vaguely-melodic talking, and the guitar didn't stand out to me very much. I can't really comment on lyrical content because I only understood about half of what she was saying, but it seemed to be something about being mad that another girl stole your boyfriend which I didn't find particularly compelling. I'm gonna give it a 4/10 based solely on my impressions of that one video.

Plants and Animals - "End of That"

not bad i would give it 7/10 as its not really my cup of tea today but fits nicely in with the other sides of me that are having a rest today

http://youtu.be/wSmQ-G684M4

good to be in love . album the rookery chris helme

Status
Not open for further replies.