Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's fucking awesome, I can't wait for the album to drop. Definitely one of my most anticipated albums this year.

That's pretty good, too. The song kind of has a generic mid-aughts hip hop feel to it (in other words, lots of Big and Pac influences), but its far from the worst thing produced in a time that, imo, is probably the lowest point in hip hop history. The beat didn't feel like anything special and the lyrics ranged from mediocre to good (more references to bitches, hos, guns, and da hood than I usually like, but whatcanyado?), but all-in-all I enjoyed it. 6/10

Built to Spill - "Some Things Last a Long Time" (Daniel Johnston cover)

That's fucking awesome, I can't wait for the album to drop. Definitely one of my most anticipated albums this year.

That's pretty good, too. The song kind of has a generic mid-aughts hip hop feel to it (in other words, lots of Big and Pac influences), but its far from the worst thing produced in a time that, imo, is probably the lowest point in hip hop history. The beat didn't feel like anything special and the lyrics ranged from mediocre to good (more references to bitches, hos, guns, and da hood than I usually like, but whatcanyado?), but all-in-all I enjoyed it. 6/10

Built to Spill - "Some Things Last a Long Time" (Daniel Johnston cover)

I've never heard of Daniel Johnston, sorry. psychedelic feeling to me. I can appreciate the talent put into it, but it didn't really do much for me. 5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcvBFFflEc Peeping Tom- Mojo

Hope I am allowed to go again. Love this game
Wanda Jacson, wow listen to that gravely voice, love rockabilly. She is like the precursor to Courtney LOve and Kid Rock combined. Love it. real talent. 8/10

oh this one, is classic. The wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI8bta-7aw

^ I sure can, but I'll leave it to someone unfamiliar with G?G! to do the listening & rating.
;)

well im totally unfamiliar with G?G! this is pretty wild, the words free form freakout come to mind while listening. diggin the way it changes up and when u think its gonna be over, comes right back at cha in attack mode. it all fits together like a puzzle. impressive. my mind is kinda fuzzy right now but im sure id wild out to it on repeated listens. just right now ima say 8/10

Latyrx - Balcony Beach

The track was OK, laid-back but a bit boring. It felt a bit "lazy", hard to describe. I had a bit hard to get a grip on the track, but somehow I still liked it. But it didn't grab my attention much, it sounded more like background music.

6/10

Petter - Krafter feat. Adolphson & Falk (It's Swedish, probably not so common with non-English tracks here)

Status
Not open for further replies.