Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ A little stripped down for me/not really my style - but surprisingly enjoyable for what it is to me. 7/10 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLaI1EyfitU

My favorite song from Yellow House - this song is so densely and intricately layered, it's beautiful, psychedelic and incredible. God, Grizzly Bear is fucking amazing.

A nine minute video? Fuck that.

Slow intro, kinda lackluster shred midway through, skipped to the end, kinda typical jam band stuff.
Nothing that hasn't been done before, but decent noodling and changing and all of that jazz people
expect when they go to a jam band show, I suppose.

5/10

Alexander SCRIABIN: Op. 11, No. 4 (Prelude)
(Note: It's two minutes long)

Just for Now

Inanna-Ishtar-Lillith

"Can never see me as I am
I am what I am, I am that I am"

2/10

Wow, that sure was an interesting piece of music. I struggled without success to find a moment's worth of appealing melody, but it does have a certain mind numbing quality to it, like endless chanting. That being said, it IS music ... and I did discern a hint of rhythm.

One of my favorite performances is Imogen Heap "Just for Now."

I always go back to listen to this. When I can't seem to find a way to understand what it is that I'm feeling ... When it feels like I'm trapped ... When I need the release/releif of a tear ...

Bits and pieces taken out of context a little bit:

2:59 "... leave all our hopelessnesses aside... just for a little while ..."
3:06 "tears stop right here ... I know we've all had a bumpy ride ... I’m secretly on your side"
3:23 "will you get me out of here? get me out of here... get me out of here ..."
4:08 "ya' get me, ya get me, get me..."​

Last edited:
8/10 - I'm really loving this, it has a great energy. It's delightfully weird, intense, fun, and kind of hilarious xD I'm gonna have to check out Mr. Bungle, I'd never listened to them before.

Now for something completely different.
Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething

^ It was alright, kind of boring though imo 5/10

Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of The Head To The Left
Dat whistle

10/10

It was already rated, but it's so good that it's worth a repeat. (Andrew Bird is one of my favorites and A Nervous Tic Motion of The Head To The Left has to be his signature piece.)

Another one by Andrew Bird that's worth listening to is Fiery Crash. His live stuff is usually his best, but this studio version is great IMO.

"Oh, close your eyes and you wake up ... face stuck to a vinyl setee."

Last edited:
^ Yeah I don't see the big problem here, how hard is it to rate and post a song link

I guess I'll start it again, with a new song to be rated

Modest Mouse - Gravity Rides Everything

Lol didn't want anyone to see my conniption fit, but I'm glad you saw it. How fuckin' annoying aye?
Thanks for getting back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.