• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

^lmao
pinkman-robot.gif

The Panic in Needle Park [1971] was one of the most realistic drug movies I've ever seen. Pacino and Kitty Winn played their roles as heroin addicts well. It's on Netflix Instant if any Netflix subscribers are interested.

It's a little cheesy and hilariously bad, but I watched "The Greed of Men" on Vimeo. It's probably worst than "the room."

The Panic in Needle Park [1971] was one of the most realistic drug movies I've ever seen. Pacino and Kitty Winn played their roles as heroin addicts well. It's on Netflix Instant if any Netflix subscribers are interested.

Has anyone else seen this?

There was a scene that takes place in the police station where the cops are using a magnifying glass to look for injection marks. Do they actually do this anywhere or did they at some point? They even have a bit of dialogue that goes along the lines of, "Last week it took us an hour to find the marks. Turns out this fellow had been shooting into his dick."

Just seems like a weird practice and I don't understand the point. If they were already arrested for possession or selling than what does it matter if they have some track marks?

^I vaguely remember Panic in Needle Park, although it seems to keep meshing with my memory of Lenny with Dustin Hofmann. Is it a mostly black and white, dark tale of desperation and the over use of drugs?

I haven't seen them both in so long, I should revisit them both.

Is anybody else beside themselves over fucking "Noah?" I just don't see how Hollywood can do it. It's the world's first cartoon-level story for retards, starring Russell Crowe. I mean ... fuck.

EDIT: It makes me want to do air duster.

Last edited:
I did think it was an odd choice for a big budget film.

Also the preview sounds like it's pronouncing it "No-Ha" where I always heard "No-ah", like it's spelled. Maybe I misheard. I was pretty high.

So it's recently come to my attention that Citizen Kane was snubbed for best picture at the 1942 Oscars and Shakespeare in Love won over Saving Private Ryan.

I'm really confused about life right now.....
it's a lot less confusing when you realise that awards ceremonies have nothing to do with movie quality...

alasdair

Did it ever bother anyone else that Ethan Embry's parents aren't with him at the end of Can't Hardly Wait? He's in a train station waiting to leave to go to college, and he's not going to be back for a while, yet his parents don't come to see him off.

In fact, Amanda Beckett (Jennifer Love Hewitt) only knows he's there because she went to his house and his dad told her that he would be there. It's not like his dad was in a business meeting he couldn't get out of or something; he was at his house.

Forrest Gump opening credits done as if they had been done by Wes Anderson

[video=vimeo;92419083]http://vimeo.com/92419083[/video]

Did it ever bother anyone else that Ethan Embry's parents aren't with him at the end of Can't Hardly Wait? He's in a train station waiting to leave to go to college, and he's not going to be back for a while, yet his parents don't come to see him off.

In fact, Amanda Beckett (Jennifer Love Hewitt) only knows he's there because she went to his house and his dad told her that he would be there. It's not like his dad was in a business meeting he couldn't get out of or something; he was at his house.

Haha well actually no that never crossed my mind
I guess I was too smitten with the dork getting the hawtest girl in school teen love scenario

But I gotta give it you Carl-bro, you think of some of the most unusual overlooked shit

I love the music selection in American Hustle. They frequently fit the scene so perfectly.

Edit: Christian Bale is such a great actor. His dedication is almost scary as far as what he'll put his body through for a role

Last edited:
Bill, isn't that scenario your entire high school life?

Yes

Amanda Becket sat in front of me in a few of my classes
Seriously the definition of the hottest girl in school, cheer leader and all

We flirted all 4 years but I guess with her I felt to beta to really ever ask her out
Plus most of the time she was with the cliche douche captain of the football and basketball team

When I was a freshman my dream girl who was a junior cheerleader knew I liked her. One day I actually talked to her and she offered to give me a ride home. Without thinking I told her I was good and already had one.

It's been over a decade since that happened and it still pisses me off to this day. Never got a chance like that again.

I'm not sure what became of her. From rumors I heard she became a pretty bad heroin addict. So we traveled down the same road just never passed each other.

When I was a freshman my dream girl who was a junior cheerleader knew I liked her. One day I actually talked to her and she offered to give me a ride home. Without thinking I told her I was good and already had one.

It's been over a decade since that happened and it still pisses me off to this day. Never got a chance like that again.

I'm not sure what became of her. From rumors I heard she became a pretty bad heroin addict. So we traveled down the same road just never passed each other.

Ever checked on her via Facebook, women are more likely to register ?