• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

QUICK at home taper for oxy, would it HELP?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
Would a really fast taper be a big difference then C/T quitting , or just a slight difference. I am up to 120 MG once a day. If I took 110 MG today at once, tomorrow 100 MG, Friday 90 MG etc etc until I'm down to NILL , then stop. Will it still get rid of the pains etc when I'm down to 50, will I feel good at all from them? Obviously no crazy euphoria like I do from the high dose, but will it fee good at all? Or would it be like taking nothing because I've been abusing it for so many months. I'm a 30 year old male 200 poundsZ

That's really such a hard thing to say. To be as succint as possible, it's likely that even a fast taper such as this will greatly reduce the severity of your symptoms, but you in turn will be prolonging the ultimate course of withdrawal. I've had to detoxify from Methadone a couple of times in my life and learned what worked best for me, that being a combination of both, which I will make sense of.

I understood that there was only so much intensity that I could stomach in terms of symptoms, so I couldn't just jump off at 100mg (a comparatively higher equivalent dosage than what you're currently dealing with). I also have a relatively standardized protocol for how I deal with my symptoms and know that there can often be a finite amount of non-Opioid medication available to me. For this reason, I decreased to a fairly low level, about one third of where I started from and then jumped off, knowing I couldn't continually medicate my minor symptoms over a longer period of time.

Before I keep rambling, does any of this make sense to you so far? Do you have access to any medications along the lines of Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) or even Benzodiazepines? The primary goal for myself is to medilcate the more severe phase of my withdrawal with all of the non-Opioid medications at my disposal, within reason.

Ok thank you. It makes sense what you said yes. What I have currently in my drawer, is 90 oxycodone 10 mgs, 45 1 mg xanax, 30 0.1 mg clonidine, 500 Kratom capsules that I made, and 240 loperamide 2 mg pills. I know that I have a good amount of stuff.. it's just so hard to know I'm not going to feel the good feeling from stopping these, gonna be tough.

You have a great setup to stop using. Consider yourself very lucky. In my opinion, benzos play such a huge part for me because it helps me get sleep, eat and just takes my mind off of the fear of no more oxys. Once you wake up and start your day, really try to go as long as possible without taking any. Start making those stretches longer n longer whether it be 15 min or 2 hours longer. Basically, I am just saying try to cut your dosage down and just maintain before quitting completely. Just what Keif is saying. Try to taper your oxy dosage as low as you can go in like a 2week-1month span. Then, jump off. If I were you, once I jump off I would be consuming kratom a couple times a day and popping those xanax like skittles haha at least for the first 3-4days. I think you have the resources to ease your discomfort for sure. Just need to get in the mind set. You can definitely do it, just takes some planning and a bit of time.

Thanks so much. I think I'm going to just go CT after I use these Oxys up. I'm gonna take all the Kratom I can like you say, and use xanax etc. should I just take the xanax and stuff without feeling oxy symptoms ? Like should I say "oh man this feels bad now I need a Xanax" or try and take all the crap I got without waiting to feel crappy?

Thanks

Mark

I really recommend that u go as long as u can without anything. If you are quitting C/T, then literally go as long as u can (8+ hours or whatever). Once you feel w/d symptoms just keep trucking through it and don't look back. You will know when it's time aka Once you are 100% in w/d phase, then I would recommend taking your kratom/xanax dose. Also, grab some Immodium and vitamins like magnesium and potassium which will help with the RLS. Maybe even get a couple gallon jugs of water and try to drink that before the 4 day mark. Little goals like that help. Shit, anything helps when going thru w/d. Good luck my dude.

Thanks so much for the help , I appreciate it greatly. I feel it a lot right now. Took 100 mg at 8 am then 65 mg at 230 pm. Feeing tired , hope I don't OD. Not sure why I do this to myself. How much Imodium should I take for RLS? I've taken 4-6 mg at once and no help.

I also think you have a pretty great setup to detox yourself, but I would greatly recommend attempting to acquire Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). They work wonders for Opioid withdrawal. I would take Pregabalin over Benzodiazepines any day of the week when withdrawal is concerned. Seriously consider adding this to your stash if you can.

Regarding the Loperamide (Immodium), I generally discourage using for people who are looking to taper and actually get off Opioids entirely. Loperamide is best used as a stop-gap kind of thing for individuals who are not intent on quitting, but wish to be functional for a day or two. Using Loperamide while actually trying to get off Opioids can be detrimental, as it is itself an Opioid. What this means is that by using it, you are still introducing Opioids into your system, which will ultimately prolong your withdrawal. If you are actually trying to quit, I wouldn't use Loperamide at all, or at the very least, use it to the point that your diarrhea is under control and you can go to work.

I think that you'll be fine and we're proud of you for making the decision to get off Opioids. You should keep all of us or even one of us posted regarding your progress and how you feel. Your experience can be an extremely valuable point of reference for someone in a similar position.

I'm going to see if my doctor can prescribe Gabapentin for me. There won't be withdrawals from that ? Or any severe side effects ? I don't have epilepsy or anything it's prescribed for. Except for restless legs.

I forgot that people use large doses of Immodium. That is not what I am suggesting, just to clarify myself. I just recommend using Immodium (at low doses) to stop the diarrhea.

I wouldn't take more than 10 mg at a time which is 5 pills. That can affect your heart at large doses too. Just like anything we take really lol. So I have like two more days of oxy left. Sunday I'm screwed I won't have any to relapse on so, I'll be withdrawaling and posting starting Sunday.

But I just took a Benadryl a tagamin my cymbalta and had like 3 inches of tonic water since I don't have any grapefruit for the first time in a while. Then I'm gonna take in about 20 min my 100 mg oxycodone and enjoy the last two days

I forgot that people use large doses of Immodium. That is not what I am suggesting, just to clarify myself. I just recommend using Immodium (at low doses) to stop the diarrhea.

Don't worry Lucifer, I know you've got a good head on your shoulders regarding HR. I wasn't trying to imply that you were reccomending large dosages of Loperamide, it was just a statement in general.

OP, regarding Gabapentin (Neurontin), there should be no withdrawal of any kind from it if you're only using it acutely. That's the beauty of it. My modus operandi for withdrawal is using substances that will not iinteract with or prolong my withdrawal. You can eliminate restless legs without having to anesthetize yourself with Benzodiazepines. You can still use Benzodiazepines, but please be responsible with them.

Not that it's much, but I do have 3 ... 10 mg suboxones... should I utilize those with the Kratom? When would I take those? I would only do a quarter of one at a time. And I wouldn't take them for more than a week anyway. Wonder if I can take in junction with Kratom clonidine xanax and loperamide ??
Last Oxys were takin at 830 this morning. Going on the ride now....

Thanks
Mark

Hell yeah, Mark. I hope you enjoyed your last dose. Seriously, you gotta sick w/d setup! But yea, I'm not completely sure about mixing kratom and subs (as in it affecting each other or cancelling out the kratom), but If i were in your shoes, I would do a rapid sub taper and then hop on the kratom train (as in not mixing the two, and specifically taking the kratom after the sub taper). There is a lot of different approaches you can take, though, with your luxurious setup=D respect! Can't wait to follow your updates come Sunday.
And also thanks Ryan. You know i try hehe you da man!
Cheers boys.

Last edited:
Thanks so much lucifier.. trying so hard. Sad thing is I have some OxyContin 80 mg coming in this week.. I usually take IR oxy though. Not sure if I would feel anything from an 80 OxyContin compared to 80 Ir oxy... not saying I'm going to take them this week to relapse but it really depends..

I totally understand dude. You and I aren't so different %) I am currently on 40mg right now and i have about 50mg left and i want to save it for work tomorrow but i know i'll end up taking at least half of it tonight, long story short i understand so much. and Idk what i'm going to do tomorrow lol I have 1 xanax and a QP of Kratom (blended mix). stand strong!

Last edited:
This is tough. 48 hours in since I've taken oxy. Feeling hot and cold sweats. Some stomach cramps. Didn't fall asleep until 2 am last night bc of RLS ... feel spaced out and anxieties... but that part is manageable. I've taken 2 clonidine 3 xanax and Kratom once. I smoked pot for first time yesterday at 330, and I never felt so scared in my life. Absolutely hate the feeling, time feels like it doesn't exist , never again. Going to take Kratom right now upon wakkng 10 grams

58 hours since I've taken any. Took 11 grams of Kratom twice. Took 1 mg of alprazolam just before, and I'm just sweating to DEATH. Yes RLS is the absolute worst crap at night. Just moving around can't get comfortable, I went from the bed to an air mattress to the bed back to air mattress etc, I was hugging the cold fridge, I know tonight is gonna suck. I'm gonna eat some tuna mac and take 2 clonidines in an hour and try and go to sleep early.

at least you are able to eat. be sure to chug the fuck out of water, too. And i really only say that because when i go thru w/d (which will be in the next 6 hours unless my guy calls me back) i sweat so bad and my shit is completely liquid. so nasty, but yeah man. also are you getting much relief from the kratom?? also, is the xanax helping with sleep at all? I might be stepping into w/d without a choice here pretty soon and although i know it pretty well, I can't help but to anticipate it plus I am still at work lol phuck.