• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quality of pills 2006 down the toilet

^^I agree that the clean feel of pills can fool u into feeling your not as off as u are. The white turtles are strong yet feel that clean it feels as if your a bit straiter than u are. If that makes sense?! (Talking about the strong white turtles that many r familiar with)

ANDO420 said:
^^ IMO pills are just getting cleaner.......dont get me wrong, I love a good combo pill (look at the "bring back the mda - mdma combo pills), but I had a 69 the other day and I haven felt that loved up for a long time....and it reminded me of why I like MDMA....

Sorry for the rant but I just think the pills around at the moment are fairly clean so ppl think they are week coz they dont make you all messy?

As I was reading this thead I started to think the same thing. Are the pills actually getting weaker?

Food for thought:

Loved Up vs. Fucked Up

mrK!NGP!N said:
i think testers are easily fooled these days with other chems ...
some pills test good and have no affect ...

I just think the days of E are numbered ... and another drug ... research chem will take its place.

MDMA is not made like it used to be remember Etesters test for MDXX type substance not 100% real MDMA only...

There is stories out there of pills being made with agents designed to fool the testers, it is possible if people are that way inclined.

There is testers out there though, such as the extreme kits, which can help you work out the XX in MDXX. You can work out if you have just MDMA.

Cooks here try to make MDMA but usually end up with a brother chem if you understand chemistry..there are many backyard ways to make mdma but its not really mdma...

WTF are you on about? If it's MDMA it's MDMA, if it's MDA, that's also good too... You make no sense dude, *there are many backyard ways to make MDMA, but it's not really MDMA*:\ Well then what is it? If it's MDMA but not MDMA then what is it?

Do you know Chemistry? well enough to make statements like the one above?

The MDMA thats made here is made by bodgy cooks who have no clue... too many impurities...

I think quite the opposite. The Pure MDMA I've consumed has been, top notch quality. But then again it comes down to- Who you know!

i guess i should move to England...

Maybe you should, but you would find the quality of MDMA pills in England to be much piss poor in comparison to our Aus pills. A scottish friend of mine came to Aus and he said they have to have 5+ pills to get high, being from Scotland I would assume that the pills they would get would be much of a muchness. Another friend from the Czech Republic had a half of an *aus* pill and said *What a rip-off* then 30mins later said, WOW Australia has the best Ecstasy. This is not just some crap I've made up, but 2 quotes from 2 international travellers.

Whether or not those *good pills* are made in Australia well that's another thing. Most MDMA pills are made in Canada, Israel and the Netherlands. But we have had plenty of awesum pills manufactured in Aus, Green Mitsubishi's of early 2005 for example!

Come on time has nothing to do with Quality, The best pill I have ever consumed took about an hour and a half to come on. Also the longest it has taken fora pill to come on for me!

SpecTBK=D

Last edited:
I have'nt done too many pills this year as work at uni is becoming alot more demanding but from the bickies that I have been munching i think they may be a little weaker (or maybe just cleaner than 2004/early 2005). This year I have had the blue barrels (pretty crappy IMO), green aliens (MDA IMO, decent strength), red nikes (pretty crappy) and the only really standout pill being the green/grey arrows (MDMA- strong).
I think that there was a dip in the quality of pill half way through 2005, until the end of that year and a little into 2006. I remember at a very large rave at the end of November there were those god awful blue spades going around everywhere and they were very weak, you could double drop and not have too much of a peak.
It probably mostly depends on who you know, and the poster who mentioned having a few dealers to buy of seems like he was onto the right thing as this will warrant a greater selection of pills to choose from.
I miss late2004/early 2005, when we had a run of really good bikies in melbourne. Yellow doves, pink rolexs, green mitsubish, orange butterflys and red russians

Special-T.B.K said:
WTF are you on about? If it's MDMA it's MDMA, if it's MDA, that's also good too... You make no sense dude, *there are many backyard ways to make MDMA, but it's not really MDMA*:\ Well then what is it? If it's MDMA but not MDMA then what is it?

Do you know Chemistry? well enough to make statements like the one above?

I think quite the opposite. The Pure MDMA I've consumed has been, top notch quality. But then again it comes down to- Who you know!

Maybe you should, but you would find the quality of MDMA pills in England to be much piss poor in comparison to our Aus pills. A scottish friend of mine came to Aus and he said they have to have 5+ pills to get high, being from Scotland I would assume that the pills they would get would be much of a muchness. Another friend from the Czech Republic had a half of an *aus* pill and said *What a rip-off* then 30mins later said, WOW Australia has the best Ecstasy. This is not just some crap I've made up, but 2 quotes from 2 international travellers.

Whether or not those *good pills* are made in Australia well that's another thing. Most MDMA pills are made in Canada, Israel and the Netherlands. But we have had plenty of awesum pills manufactured in Aus, Green Mitsubishi's of early 2005 for example!

Come on time has nothing to do with Quality, The best pill I have ever consumed took about an hour and a half to come on. Also the longest it has taken fora pill to come on for me!

SpecTBK=D

I know a little about chemistry ... Maybe i should try and be clearer and explain for the mentally challenged......8(

Cooks TRY and get EXACT ingredients to manufacture MDMA but because of not having access to the CORRECT ingredients they use other chems & you end up with MDXX !!!! Also not all cooks know exactly what they are doing.

There are many relatives of MDMA ...
this is what i meant by brother chems...!!!! so its not always 100% MDMA !!
MDMA has several chemical "cousins" which have different effects..

MDA, MDMA, MDE (MDEA), and MDOH

MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine):
MDE or MDEA (N-ethyl-methylendioxyamphetamine):
MMDA (3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine):
MBDB (N-methyl-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine):

all these will etest normal but all have different effects...
and with cooks not being able to get hands on right ingredients you end up with MDXX not real MDMA...

Ive heard people say pills here are as good as englands or similar but that was like few years ago!!!

Do you know anything about science or chemistry ???

If not then have read on Erowid ...

You are not getting 100% mdma in australia ... !!!! The stuff your talking about is either a light grey color or Brown speed looking crystals.... which ive had many times but didnt think much of it..

Unless its white crystals like over in Ireland/england then id say it would be pretty close to 100%...

MDMA made these days is fake almost ... for every 10 different pills on the market 2 would be excellent and others crap,Also cooks might make a really strong batch then have that converted into pill form release them on the market get good ratings from people then have more pills made but half the strength or cooks who cant mix binders & or have equal amounts of Mdxx per pill...

This is why i think things are getting worse.... with quality etc this would have to be the worst year for pills...

Last edited:
No I get MDMA. Not in pill form... But pure powder form. No not grey and have gotten brown before, but when i had less than a point up my nose and within 5mins i was glowing iradescent glow of white... well- I know it's the goods.

As for MDA, MDEA,MBDB etc... They don't bother me too much, as they all have reasonably similar effects to MDMA and/or similar attributes to the effects of MDMA, also in a pure state they are safe within reason also. You dont just get these final chemical structures by putting in a bit of this instead of that...

So, like I said- it's not MDMA. Any cook making MDEA or MBDB, would know exactly what they're producing.

To be honest *MRKINGPIN*- I don't think these chemicals attribute to the end of the line quality from cook to consumer at all. The problem is pills containing 30-70mg of MDMA. Just a complete lack of MDMA in the pills to begin with or just piss poor quality.

But afterall you seem to know exactly what you're on about 8)

SpecTBK=D

Last edited:
People always think that the pills are getting weaker, because they are getting more tolerant.

I know people who swear that Australian pills are or were stronger than english ones, and people who swear that English pills are or were stronger than Australian ones. The first group of people did pills for the first time in Australia, and the second group for the first time in England.

As for the "where are the decent imports" thing, aren't most of the pills here imports? The cops wouldn't be catching hundreds and hundred of kilos in containers if there wasn't even more getting through.

mrK!NGP!N said:
I know a little about chemistry ... Maybe i should try and be clearer and explain for the mentally challenged......8(

Cooks TRY and get EXACT ingredients to manufacture MDMA but because of not having access to the CORRECT ingredients they use other chems & you end up with MDXX !!!! Also not all cooks know exactly what they are doing.

There are many relatives of MDMA ...
this is what i meant by brother chems...!!!! so its not always 100% MDMA !!
MDMA has several chemical "cousins" which have different effects..

MDA, MDMA, MDE (MDEA), and MDOH

MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine):
MDE or MDEA (N-ethyl-methylendioxyamphetamine):
MMDA (3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine):
MBDB (N-methyl-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine):

all these will etest normal but all have different effects...
and with cooks not being able to get hands on right ingredients you end up with MDXX not real MDMA...

Ive heard people say pills here are as good as englands or similar but that was like few years ago!!!

Do you know anything about science or chemistry ???

If not then have read on Erowid ...

You are not getting 100% mdma in australia ... !!!! The stuff your talking about is either a light grey color or Brown speed looking crystals.... which ive had many times but didnt think much of it..

Unless its white crystals like over in Ireland/england then id say it would be pretty close to 100%...

MDMA made these days is fake almost ... for every 10 different pills on the market 2 would be excellent and others crap,Also cooks might make a really strong batch then have that converted into pill form release them on the market get good ratings from people then have more pills made but half the strength or cooks who cant mix binders & or have equal amounts of Mdxx per pill...

This is why i think things are getting worse.... with quality etc this would have to be the worst year for pills...

Actually your post pretty much says you dont really no much about chemistry or MD** compounds apart from little bits that anyone could read on the internet and then think they know something about,

The reason why MD** pills have gone down in quality this year is because a lot of the MDMA manufacturers have either quit making pills and are just selling the MDMA they make as MDMA or they are putting less in the pills as people are paying less for them all the time so they have to put less in otherwise they will end up losing money.

A lot of pills in Australia in the past few years have come from the Netherlands and a lot of them have been pills which have been internationally distrubuted e.g. exactly the same pills were on sale in the UK, the rest of Europe, Africa and America around the same time, now a lot of the larger manufacturers have either stopped because the market is not even worth taking part in any more or they have started selling the MDMA they produce as MDMA because there is a lot more profit in that. The people who have continued producing MDMA for export have had to lower the quality/quantity of the product in order to still make profits and the chemicals used for manufacture have in some cases gone up in price or been harder to get recently.

In the UK which has always been one of the main and first countries for the Netherlands to export to and in some cases the UK has been providing Australia with Dutch export pills, the quality has dropped to maybe even averaging 50mg MDMA a pill and a lot of pills are not even any kind of MD**. This is because the price of pills dropped so much that the quality had to drop otherwise no one would be making any money (which is probably also the reason why people even decided to quit making pills) which caused a shortage and in came some people with much worse quality pills to fill the demand.

However in the UK and Europe there is now a much larger amount of MDMA that is sold as MDMA and surprise a lot of it is the not brilliant quality MDMA that they used to press into pills.

I dont know about the situation in Australia regarding MDMA being sold as MDMA and unpressed at the minute though one thing I do know is you guys were pretty lucky until recently and a lot of the MDMA pills you were getting in Australia were the higher quality Dutch pills e.g. 120mg ++ even up to 180mg MDMA. This is because the overall price is higher so the people who were obviously buying pills to export to Australia were going with the much stronger pills as there was no point in exporting average quality pills as the Australians could afford to buy the better product due to more profit on all levels there.

I would guess and have seen on this site a lot more busts of MDMA factories in Australia in recent times, this is probably because the supply of MDMA from other countries is lessened, however you probably still get a lot of pills made in Asia which can be of quite high quality. But I would guess overall the worldwide standard of MDMA pills has dropped in the past few years and hopefully what goes down, comes up ;)

i was thinking the same until last week then i got shouted half a pink dolphin by a friend and was chopped all night the imports are out there they r just really rare these days

^^ WTF? I think you are reading wwwaaayyyyy to far into it.......I dont know where you are or think you are getting all this bullshit info form - The busts that have been happaning around australia will have NO effect on the common user at all, And how do you know what pills come from where? YES you can make an educated gess - but thats all it would be.

If you can back up your clames with facts and figures from a reliable sorce and THAN I will take what you say into account.

and FYI - there are lots of good clean mdma pills in Australia imports or not - who cares, if its strong and clean.....than you are in for a good time. (its who you know) 2 cents

taking MDMA for 8 years I've noticed the pills haven't so much as changed then i've changed.

My mind has gotten different; I feel euphoria in a different way, you get older, hair starts growing on your back, Alcohol affects you very differently to how it did when you were a teen. You feel different.

And so is the same with MDMA and many other drugs (the only exception to the rule is perhaps LSD....)

Perhaps the only tangible noticeable difference between pills of my young day vs. now, say in 1998 - 2001 was they were more often speed bombs (tis how i got addicted to speed).

Nevertheless my point is that your brain chemistry changes

say in 1998 - 2001 was they were more often speed bombs

I would say in 2002-late 2003 for Cairns with the speed bombs, now everything I get is MDMA and everything everyone I know gets is also MDMA, Very raarely does anyone Die from bad pills here, so the gear must be half decent quality and haven't seen a speed bomb for 2 years. I know there are alot of weak pills around also, but a weak one is better than a dangerous adulterated piece of shit. I'm just lucky. who you know. My $2!

SpecTBK=D

I know a little about chemistry ... Maybe i should try and be clearer and explain for the mentally challenged.....

I have spent several years researching reported impurities in MDMA, working out the various retrosynthetic routes that explain how these are produced. I suggest there are less mentally challenged people on this board than you might think, including some you are replying to :\

Relatively pure MDMA can be produced by using a natural source of starting material and Over the Counter type ingredients.

I agree that many cooks would not know everything about the synths they are performing. But in order to make MDMA, a person would need some basic chem knowledge. While it's relatively speaking more difficult than a meth synth from ephedrine, it would certainly not be hard for anyone with basic knowledge of organic chemistry techniques, particularly if the person was to follow a procedure that has had years of online comments posted regarding the various steps and problems faced etc. Second and third year Org chem involve procedures far more complex and tricky than those required for most PEA and amphetamine synths.

Whether a final "released" product is pure or not comes down to the ability of, and - most importantly - the intent of the chemist.

While a very small amount of MDA is usually produced via side reactions when MDMA is synthesised via the common routes, this also occurs when reagent grade reactants/reagents are used, and so is not only confined to "shitty" OTC synths.

MDEA and MDOH are not noted impurities associated with conventional syntheses. MDEA would be produced if ethylamine was used, or if it was an impurity in methylamine. However, this is not likely to happen even if MA was synthesised via any of the commonly known Over The Counter methods. Other N-alkylamines are more likely in the final product as these amines are noted impurities in commercially sourced, reagent grade MA. These are not likely to be very psychoactive active if at all. If they were, in the quantities expected, they would hardly be thought to contribute anything to the experience.

MDOH would not be expected to be produced unless the synth was via an oxime or similar route (as an impurity, MDOH is less commonly noted in forensic literature).

However, many other impurities are produced with a typical synth. These should - if the synth was properly done - only be present in relatively small amounts (trace levels, < 1% ).

One big concern is any appreciable amount of iso/ safrole that may be present during reductive amination. This would produce dihydrosafrole in the final product - a nasty, liver damaging carcinogen. But, and this is important to note, such impurities can also be present in any MDMA not properly prepared, including overseas made stuff, even product made in clean pharmaceutical type environments. If the ketone is not distilled, or an adduct made, iso/ safrole is sure to be present in the ketone.

Have you ever seen an accredited Quality Assurance rating for any MDMA or pills you've taken? Until each pill is supplied with such, or better still, a GC/MS spectra like that provided with bulk pharmaceuticals, then you can never really know what damage even a supposedly clean pill might be doing. But perhaps you will in 30 years?

I would suggest that Erowid, while a valuable resource in Harm Reduction, is -by itself - not the place to get an education in chemistry.

This thread has generated some interesting discussion and debate, I do not feel it appropriate that the thread is deleted because you disagree with someones response.

I am happy to delete any idividual post from the thread if you no longer want to contribute, please PM me.

Sounds like i would be wanting phase dancer to make my clean mdma. What are your qualifications phase dancer?

ANDO420 said:
If you can back up your clames with facts and figures from a reliable sorce and THAN I will take what you say into account.

I am the reliable source lol. I have been researching MDMA for 5 years and would say I am pretty much an expert on MDMA pill trends and quality, I have provided information for national harm reduction agencies and moderated on this site and pillreports amongst other things. (I also really hate having to explain things about myself, i'd give you information which you might find useful).

If you don't believe my "claims" fine... I never said that the busts in Australia would affect the end user, lol I didnt make a post saying "SHIT A BUST IN SYDNEY PRICE OF PILLS HAS GONE UP $1000". I was merely stating that there seems to be more larger scale busts and lab busts for MDMA or people pressing MDMA recently in Australia. I doubt however any busts would ever affect the supply, as there is always more MDMA and no one completely controls the market.

Sounds like i would be wanting phase dancer to make my clean mdma.

Well, that would never happen! I am against any illicit drug manufacture, whether that be for private use or otherwise. Apart from home brewed beer, I don't even produce ethanol, which I could certainly use for cleaning and as a fuel additive. Why, simply because it's not permitted to do so.

What are your qualifications phase dancer?

Relevant qualifications: tertiary level applied chemistry - uni project on precursor impurities; 6+ years in HR project development, administration and outreach; research and presentation, various government depts - Health, Social-Community & Forensics; consultancy work in toxicological and non-drug analytical design, colorimetric reagent development...

My present interests are in completely different areas; sustainable water purification using no introduced bacteria or nasty chemicals, methane and other products from biogas, hydrogen production/storage and energy efficient enzymatic production of bio-diesel.

Great thread! I'm liking the passion behind these arguments! Plus I'm getting a basic chemistry leason for free :)

masheadatronic said:
I am the reliable source lol. I have been researching MDMA for 5 years and would say I am pretty much an expert on MDMA pill trends and quality, I have provided information for national harm reduction agencies and moderated on this site and pillreports amongst other things. (I also really hate having to explain things about myself, i'd give you information which you might find useful).

If you don't believe my "claims" fine... I never said that the busts in Australia would affect the end user, lol I didnt make a post saying "SHIT A BUST IN SYDNEY PRICE OF PILLS HAS GONE UP $1000". I was merely stating that there seems to be more larger scale busts and lab busts for MDMA or people pressing MDMA recently in Australia. I doubt however any busts would ever affect the supply, as there is always more MDMA and no one completely controls the market.

Ok fair call - you didnt say that, but I still am going to take the info with a grain, I just cant take "I am the reliable source" as a GOOD source. I do understand that you dont care, and you were just giving a bit of info, but its a huge claim to make that you KNOW where pills are coming from and how much mdma is in them.

Anyways you say that they are putting less mdma in pills to deal with the price drop - I dont get this? how does this work? who sets the price? and how do they set it? please explain?

Im not having a shot at you - it does sound feasable, hence why im asking questions.....:)