• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Pyrazolam is a superior benzo (dosage)

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi fellow bluelight lurkers ,

It has been a while since i took pyrazolam so i got a few since last day . I am used to diazepam and alprazolam/oxazepam etc . And damn i must say pyrazolam rlly is an interesting benzo , i have never found benzo's to be euphoric or anything and even with alprazolam i am quite dissapointed sometimes if i dose in the 1mg or above range . It flattens me out and can make me a little bit dysphoric/lethargic compared to what most others say . I remember the first time i took pyra i took 2 3mg pallets so 6 mg which is a high dose of pyrazolam and it was the first time i experienced a somewhat euphoric high from a benzo . And now i took suboxone with pyrazolam and feels great. Pyrazolam has a very unique high for me that somewhat distincts from other benzo's . I am not sure though how the dose range is compared to other benzo's . Sometimes i read 1mg of pyra is equelevant of 10 mg diazepam which for me seems unlikely because that would mean 1 pyrazolam pallet of 3 mg is 30mg diazepam . But on the other hand since pyrazolam is most selective on the A2 and A3 gaba subreceptor it could feel less because of less sedation/hypnose which comes from the A1 gaba receptor . In my opinion why i find pyrazolam superior to other benzo's at least for me it has nice recreational effect and is much much forgivable dependancy wise since it mostly bind to the A2 and A3 . I have read a study (from PubMed) indicating dependancy and withdrawal mostly stems from the A1 subunit causing sedation and hypnose . Its actually a disgrace this benzo ain't fda approved in my opinion . What are your thoughts about this and what benzo you prefer for recreational effect ?

Sorry for long post but thanks for reading anyway ! Greetings ,

Have you tried Clonazolam and/or Norflurazepam? Those are the only benzos to give me a genuinely strong euphoric effect. If so how do you compare them?

Have you tried Clonazolam and/or Norflurazepam? Those are the only benzos to give me a genuinely strong euphoric effect. If so how do you compare them?
I have heard about them for sure , but clonazolam has bad reputation dependancy wise so i would not want to mess with that. Bromazolam is also awesome for sleep .

Norflurazepam, I bought the 5mg's and later 10 mg's in a strip, but I thought the 5 mg were stronger, strange, then I bought a gram, in the PG, 1ml was 10 mg, and that was powerful, very euphoric, not sleepy, had a beer with it, and 2ml (20 mg), it's just good dope, yeah. Bromazolam is very potent, looks a lot like Alprozolam, but also when I take two (6mg), I need to sleep and that is not what I am looking for, atm I am on 10mg Noflurazepam and 6mg Pyrazolam, plus a can o'beer, yeah having a great f time watching "The Killing fileds, rotten but true story, but I got a new Iiyama 27" monitor and a brand new Beyerdynamic DT-900 Headphone (killer sound), and I am in the movie
:cool::pupil3::bolt:

Last edited:
I have to say that I find Pyrazolam exceptionally nice and as others have said, it is extremely axiolytic. And if you don't over-do it, it's very user friendly. It is potent, and if you over do it, you could have your ass handed to you. I have heard the comparisons between it and Diclaz, which serves its purpose but really offered little to me other than its axiolytic properties when compared to Pyraz. This is fine, of course, and I still keep some stashed for a rainy day.

But I keep a fairly low tolerance with benzos and use them sparingly, so when I get something new I can really be a bit more objective about its effects. Having tried most of the heavy hitters, Flubro, Flual, Clonaz, which are fine for me at times because I only use it in 250ug doses at any given time, I have them available for trip comedowns primarily, and I find Flubro or Flual perfect for the tail end and coming back to earth to sleep.

I don't use enough of benzos to worry about black outs or any of that nonsense. So my use of any of these is fairly seldom, small doses, and don't get crazy with any of them. Having said that, I kind of like Pyraz and Bromazolam best of them all due to them being relatively functional provided you keep the dosing low and intermittent. Less is more with my benzo use, and I like the idea of never feeling like I am in trouble with them as I take T breaks more often than I use them. So I am off them far more than I am on them, which is good because they are far more enjoyable and what I have lasts for a very long time, which is the point for me. But yeah...Pyraz is really nice IMO. And contrary to what some say, my experiences include a bit more than "just anxiolytic", for sure. It is fairly pricey, but I think it is absolutely worth having some in the vault.

Pyrazolam is a2/a3 selective so anxiolytic but not sedating. It was rediscovered in 2013. I have not heard of anyone becoming physically dependant on pyrazolam but you can become psychologically addicted to anything. So be really careful. For their to be NO recorded negative outcomes from an RC in 10 years is pleasing but it isn't like the designer still doesn't worry.

Random fact - pyrazolam is excreted from the body unchanged. This was also a design consideration because metabolites make safety calculations complex.

I have been wondering if pyrazolam would work as an occasional daytime benzo. Like tomorrow I have to have a tooth pulled. Dentistry does not concern me at all but I want to take a tiny bit before the procedure. Come home take a little more and sleep. I have bromazolam but unless I do .5 it is too strong for me. Almost feels like a lobotomy. Smaller amounts are doable but I worry about driving. 1 mg of etizolam was perfect for before a procedure and 1 mg after. I don't want to use etizolam for this as I have to conserve the tiny bit I have. So I may have to bite the bullet and try a new benzo going forward. I use maybe 2-3 times a month so a very small user but like to have them.

I had been wondering if pyrazolam was a good choice to not get too sleepy but have anxiety toned down.

I have been wondering if pyrazolam would work as an occasional daytime benzo. Like tomorrow I have to have a tooth pulled. Dentistry does not concern me at all but I want to take a tiny bit before the procedure. Come home take a little more and sleep. I have bromazolam but unless I do .5 it is too strong for me. Almost feels like a lobotomy. Smaller amounts are doable but I worry about driving. 1 mg of etizolam was perfect for before a procedure and 1 mg after. I don't want to use etizolam for this as I have to conserve the tiny bit I have. So I may have to bite the bullet and try a new benzo going forward. I use maybe 2-3 times a month so a very small user but like to have them.

I had been wondering if pyrazolam was a good choice to not get too sleepy but have anxiety toned down.

0.5-1mg is appropriate which is why the tablets were 0.5mg (in medicine almost all drugs are designed so you take 1 or 2 - it's a psychological thing). I've heard of people getting the powder and since I rediscovered it, I decided to test higher doses. 100mg sent me to sleep for 5 days but no dependence whatsoever. Never touched it again.

But you could go to your doctor, explain your 'fear of dentists' and likely get a couple of 5mg diazepam - which has a much longer duration of action.

Even though pyrazolam is mild, do NOT drive or operate machinery if you took it in the previous 8 hours.

Even though pyrazolam is mild, do NOT drive or operate machinery if you took it in the previous 8 hours.
I know what you mean. I can drive on 1 mg of etizolam. But was uncomfortable driving on any amount of bromazolam. I am cautious for sure.

If I go this route I will take the caveat and see how pyrazolam effects me for sure. Although I suspect people that take alprazolam 3 times a day did not give up their driving licence.

Diazepam has too long of a half life for me. I can get that easy enough from family that has it but does not take it. I liked etizolam because it is bang and out. The quicker the better for me. Even etizolam can linger for me though. Those secondary metabolites can affect me for more than 8 hours due to having no tolerance. But diazepam is useful when I need to stay in bed for a day or two.

I know what you mean. I can drive on 1 mg of etizolam. But was uncomfortable driving on any amount of bromazolam. I am cautious for sure.

If I go this route I will take the caveat and see how pyrazolam effects me for sure. Although I suspect people that take alprazolam 3 times a day did not give up their driving licence.

Diazepam has too long of a half life for me. I can get that easy enough from family that has it but does not take it. I liked etizolam because it is bang and out. The quicker the better for me. Even etizolam can linger for me though. Those secondary metabolites can affect me for more than 8 hours due to having no tolerance. But diazepam is useful when I need to stay in bed for a day or two.

If you have an accident, they won't identify WHICH benzo unless it's VERY serious. But with diclazepam and it's metabolites being detected in the blood after 7 days makes you think. Pyrazolam couldn't be detected after 24 hours - no metabolites you see. It was simply distributed to the brain initially and then redistributed throughout the body (as LogP decrees). The LogP of pyrazolam was kept low on purpose - so the body could remove it 'as is'.

100000% agree! The most functional I've ever used, too.

Functional - that is the word. We wanted something without abuse potential.... well, I suppose 25mg might be euphoric.... but we made 0.5 mg tablets so clearly we intended function and nothing else.

Functional - that is the word. We wanted something without abuse potential.... well, I suppose 25mg might be euphoric.... but we made 0.5 mg tablets so clearly we intended function and nothing else.

"We" - you were involved in making it?? Massive respect! It's literally my favourite benzo. Was gutted when RC's stopped being available in the UK and I couldn't get it any more.

"We" - you were involved in making it?? Massive respect! It's literally my favourite benzo. Was gutted when RC's stopped being available in the UK and I couldn't get it any more.

I designed it and provided the synthesis and then we had a lot of animal trials carried out and I was the one who had to read all of that and turn it into simple English for the boss.

I thought it was new but it had in fact been made in the 1960s. The pendant pyridine was chosen because it prevented the enzymes that would 2 & 3 hydroxylate the stuff into metabolites. It also prevented pendant aromatic from being 4 hydroxylated itself.

If you want to know, it's made from bromazepam hence the -Br.

I think it took the Chinese 10 years to work out a synthesis and I've seen pictures of their product - it's yellow which means that their is a lot of the thioamide intermediate left in it.

So it's not like I performed magic. I just used the extra decades of data to predict activity and (lack of) metabolism.... and it's chemically significantly different so we were sure it was legal.

I could have had flunitrazolam made on day 1 but I realized it would be really toxic, really potent and really addictive. Did you notice that? The nitrobenzodiazepines were the last ones to turn up because ALL medicinal chemists know that they are dangerous.

Now I hear the Mexican Mafia is getting into the flunitrazolam business..... because they will get people hooked on big doses and soon 1 pill will cost $10 and a lot of people will be sucked in and need 3 pills a day.

That was the thing - we wanted SAFE,

I designed it and provided the synthesis and then we had a lot of animal trials carried out and I was the one who had to read all of that and turn it into simple English for the boss.

I thought it was new but it had in fact been made in the 1960s. The pendant pyridine was chosen because it prevented the enzymes that would 2 & 3 hydroxylate the stuff into metabolites. It also prevented pendant aromatic from being 4 hydroxylated itself.

I think it took the Chinese 10 years to work out a synthesis and I've seen pictures of their product - it's yellow which means that their is a lot of the thioamide intermediate left in it.

So it's not like I performed magic. I just used the extra decades of data to predict activity and (lack of) metabolism.... and it's chemically significantly different so we were sure it was legal.

I could have had flunitrazolam made on day 1 but I realized it would be really toxic, really potent and really addictive. Did you notice that? The nitrobenzodiazepines were the last ones to turn up because ALL medicinal chemists know that they are dangerous.

Now I hear the Mexican Mafia is getting into the flunitrazolam business..... because they will get people hooked on big doses and soon 1 pill will cost $10 and a lot of people will be sucked in and need 3 pills a day.

While you seem to have a beautiful understanding of ochem/pharmacology etc etc but I think whoever told you the Mexican Mafia la eme would have the foresight to know this particular detail about this "subgroup" for lack of a better term of benzos. Not only that, the fake (not as advertised) pressies sell for such low low prices, that noone would pay that. The price you quoted is TOP of the line for real bars. Even then its generally really young kids or folks who are paying that due to the fact Wd's are right around the corner and are left with no choice. So I just have to say I love youre knowledge in the chemistry side lf things. I can say with almost certainty that whoever told you this has no clue what they are on about. I could list several reasons in addition to what ive already said, but only if one would be curious as to why what you outlined is not something that would happen. Anyway much respect and didn't or dont mean to come across as a dick or a know it all, but I just felt the need to correct that.

Oh one more issue I forgot to ask. What do you mean by designed it? As you stated and from my previous (very limited understanding) it was produced in the 70's along with many many more benzos that never saw the light of day. But much respect on coming up with a synth for it, since the only way to get it otherwise would to dig through proprietary info from some pharma company that may or may not still be in existence and or absorbed into a bigger conglomerate. Was it hard to come up with the synth? From my exp being involved in having a Fent analog commissioned by a "3rd shift" Chinese "API" company they didn't even know if it was racemic, so I had to go back to people I knew, who were well adept in Ochem and they were able to explain in great detail how the Chinese were to go about the synth. What a terrible part of my life that was. And now seeing analogs still out there but a metric phug ton of regular old Fent being sold to basically anyone and everyone with cash. They are even starting to sell the chalky looking 12-40ish% powder. And from my past experience the Fent analogs Ive seen wernt typical xstal in looks. Which I always found strange. However in this 12%-40% (yes ive had batches tested) there did upon close examination appear to be little greasy looking spots on this chalk ish looking stuff, under Magnification it appeared as tiny xstals. So I'm assuming those were "hotspots" id love to know what is actually going on in this weird mixture of Fent and also it sometimes has tiny spots that appear blue, a very very faint blueish tint.

I must comment on the sedating part of pyrazolam , it does get sedating from the 4/6 mg range and pretty darn nice also .

Pyrazolam has many nice things , you can use it very friendly with only taking 0.5/1mg range dose which supresses anxiety pretty good (i test this with smoking weed ) and if you do want a little sedation you start from 3mg/6mg . Now i feel the low dose range of pyrazolam 0.5/1mg doesnt cause dependancy or barely . Hello genius benzo !!

That is why we produced 0.5mg tablets. You will note that when a medicine is in tablet form 1 or 2 tablets is almost always the appropriate dose. It's a widely taught formation technique relying on psychology.

I took 100mg just to test it's inherent safety. I was somewhat sleepy but was still able to function. It IS a2/a3 selective, but only by a factor of about 6 so while affinity is lower, if you take enough it will also bind to a1 & a5 although we really did not intend people to take more than 1mg every 6 hours.

<EDIT> it's Ki values are a1 = 5.3, a2 =1.4, a3 = 1.7 & a5 =4.9. Remember that Ki values are on a logarithmic scale so in fact, if you do the maths, it's a lot more than x6. More like x36 I was being lazy. Sorry about that.</EDIT>

Last edited: