Punk Fuckin Rock

ok
I was into punk rock in high school, definitely. The west coast hardcore scene of the late 70s/early 80s was my favorite subgenre, stuff like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks etc.

It's fun that someone has brought up GG Allin...his early output was actually pretty good (my buddy had his first record with the Jabbers and the "Public Animal #1" EP) and was fairly catchy pop punk actually. For example, I quite like the bass line on this one:

I also like some of the stuff he did with the Scumfucs, like "Scufuc tradition", but most of his later stuff is pretty bad lol

I was into punk rock in high school, definitely. The west coast hardcore scene of the late 70s/early 80s was my favorite subgenre, stuff like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks etc.

It's fun that someone has brought up GG Allin...his early output was actually pretty good (my buddy had his first record with the Jabbers and the "Public Animal #1" EP) and was fairly catchy pop punk actually. For example, I quite like the bass line on this one:

I also like some of the stuff he did with the Scumfucs, like "Scufuc tradition", but most of his later stuff is pretty bad lol

love gg allin one of my hero's...

I just discovered The World/Inferno Friendship Society, quite by accident. Wiki calls it Dark Cabaret or Swing Punk. This puts me in the mind of the Dresden Dolls. I think I need to take some time to develop a true appreciation as I am not making an instant connection. The fan base seem like some people I can identify with, so I am going to give it a chance. Anyone heard of these guys? Seem the singer, Jack Terricloth met an early and sad demise.