Punk Fuckin Rock

I just got this on green transparent re-release on vinyl. Goodbye EP in 1990 from Youth Of Today, the kind of band that although straight edge, were so good were no issue to me or most hardcore punk kids. 3 songs, 2 some of their best tracks ever IMO.

btw, wow, the Subhumans just released something new, 2019 is an interesting year in both punk and metal, bands coming out of the woodwork after years of just touring or being broken up since forever

'
'Video not available in my area so for the sake of audial masturbation, reposting ;)

Also, that Waits video is lovely.

I was into punk rock in high school, definitely. The west coast hardcore scene of the late 70s/early 80s was my favorite subgenre, stuff like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks etc.

It's fun that someone has brought up GG Allin...his early output was actually pretty good (my buddy had his first record with the Jabbers and the "Public Animal #1" EP) and was fairly catchy pop punk actually. For example, I quite like the bass line on this one:

I also like some of the stuff he did with the Scumfucs, like "Scufuc tradition", but most of his later stuff is pretty bad lol

Two underrated punk rock albums that were two of my favorites back in the day are TSOL's "Dance With Me" and the Vandals "Peace Through Vandalism EP/When In Rome Do As The Vandals Do" LP. Especially the latter, I love the Vandal's first album