PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying a nice chill/dubby group called Nordlight- some annoying vocals, but really damn good tunes...:)

browsing through some party clips to remind me of my best experiences. recently nothing/no party has matched the intense sessions i had back in goa years ago. i found a couple of crazy clips from a goagil party which brought back those memories.. simply untouchable.. here's a link to one - http://www.goagil.com/albums/Macedonia-18-June-2005/MOV01974.mpg
wish i could be at a party like this nowadays. 8o. serious fun. organized mayhem.
the intense vibes, delirious energy levels and especially the synchronicity are what i crave. i hope there will be more 'legendary' parties as I and many others have experienced. This is not dependent on the artists playing, the set list, location, crowd, or sound system alone. There is something intangible, (and this in my experience and extensive talks with many DJs and psyheads is not just subjective), within the crowd and DJ which when sparked create these powerful energetic synchronistic psychic atmospheres. A killer set is different from a killer party.

Goa Gil is such a dick it is hard to believe he is so influential to so many people. He doesn't embody any of the values of the community. I had to help move his personal port-a-potty 6 times when he played here because he didn't like its orientation and elevation relative to the stage, he bitched about everything that he could, and then played fucking neuro past 10am driving everyone nuts... no sense of crescendo over the night, and he plays on DATs. No actual mixing. Quite honestly I think my 3yr old daughter could beatmatch/mix better, and I'm really not being sarcastic there.

After seeing those Psycrowdelica videos I'm looking forward to Ozora next week eeeeven more! =D

Recently purchased Terrafractyl-Chrysalis. One of the best things going on in morning fullon atm. Well produced, sounds lush, good ideas (if a few too many going on at once during some points in the album). On that side of things Sundance's Vibraspirit 11.11.11 compilation is pretty rocking too, a few cheesy moments but they're done pretty well so its not too bad! Great stuff for messy mornings.

Awaiting Zenon's Permutations Vol. 2 in the mail.

New Solar Fields album movements is pretty lush too, only heard a few tracks though.

Goa Gil is such a dick it is hard to believe he is so influential to so many people. He doesn't embody any of the values of the community. I had to help move his personal port-a-potty 6 times when he played here because he didn't like its orientation and elevation relative to the stage, he bitched about everything that he could, and then played fucking neuro past 10am driving everyone nuts... no sense of crescendo over the night, and he plays on DATs. No actual mixing. Quite honestly I think my 3yr old daughter could beatmatch/mix better, and I'm really not being sarcastic there.

he played neuro til the late afternoon here and I danced from 5 am til 5 pm, no other time I'd rather here it, one of the best dancefloors I've ever experienced. Frankly his mixing was rough but i was never jarred from the trance-dance experience and the tracks were sick.

I can't comment on the "goa gil is a dick" comment but I can say that there are quite a few artists I don't consider nice people who I have absolutely lost my mind to in the woods.

i have intermezzo already, its pretty good, been meaning to download the couple new tracks

u should check out his full length album Gfuhlsweid.

Ive recently obtained a wicked psytyu VS retohmorgon set named psychological operations.
This is really good shit!
Its just how i prefer my 3am psytrance.

Robot Poetry! <3

^ From Penta's new album, "Give Me Five!" - a really great album, IMO. Danceable but also quite psychedelic. I love the "robot poetry" in that song particularly. :)

Goa Gils latest mix, Kali Yuga- blows my sox off :) Good stuff....

Hey u guys seem like u really know alot about psy so do u guys think u can help me out with this
can u tell me some like dark psy but like not all reptitive and i dont want it to be like all satan and the devil.... i like it when its all gllitchy and stuff and fast like something similar to terranoise, scorb or some shit like that
thanks in advance =D

Psykovsky, Kindzadza, Osom, Cosmo, Highko, Procs.*

*Procs is a bit more foresty rather than glitchy. But it's a dark, twisted forest.

Zenon-Permutations 2 is good chunk prog at its best.

+1 on the above.

Also see:

Acid Goblins
Penta
Atriohm
CPC
Megalopsy
Kiriyama
Mubali
Furious
Electrypnose
Ocelot

^Speaking of Ocelot, his latest album "One" is awesome. All chill out tunes, but excellent and psychedelic :)

I am tentaviely about to check out the newest Cosmosis album- I don't expect much to be honest....

TAC said:
^ From Penta's new album, "Give Me Five!" - a really great album, IMO. Danceable but also quite psychedelic. I love the "robot poetry" in that song particularly.

I dunno, I have found this album to be kinda dull...need more listens though....

As a general hater of dark psy - love love love Kindzaza (any recommends of similar artists very welcome)

Cosmosis - love 'em, why are they in dark psy thread??? I generally equate them to classical music, with regards to chord positioning (nothing missing, nothing in excess). Also have quick little funny asides. Love them to death, but have nothing to do with dark psy

If you like Scorb, get Gus Till - personally I classify these as psychedelic, definitely not dark. Right up there with my favorite albums (i think there is far too live "evil" brain twist music around).

Would really welcome suggestions for more truly psychedlic trance.

Penta - fun, good for power walking, has never particularly interested my brain

PS. Tried really really hard to connect with Ocelot, but never made the connection

Status
Not open for further replies.