• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and the harder styles of music

There's got to be a progression in the music in the night. Some progressive psytrance, lower BPM to start the night. Around 1-4AM, fast BPM dark psy has it's place. And after, when the sun rise, some uplifting stuff :)

Well, I agree. But there are festivals like Noise Poison in Slovakia that goes full on dark psy and hi-tech for 3 days, both night and day ;)
I Also heard that Lost Theory in Croatia let's the bpm go up every night during the week - so the last night is pure hi-tech madness.

There is some excellent psychedlic drone metal out there. Heavy stoner doom is also good (Electric wizard anyone?). Check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gOc_vScJFc
For example.

Yeah, Electric Wizard is awesome. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take a trip at one of their shows :D

I took MDMA at a venetian snares (breakcore I guess) show and it was awesome.

On psychedelics I do like 'harder' music I guess, but I mean harder in the sense of mentally 'intense' / trippy. Like this Autechre - 1 1 is - YouTube
I love Venetian Snares. He played were I live last summer, and I fucking missed it :|

Dark psy, forest and hi-tech are all really fast and hard music genres that are very trippy. I think that most people at festivals or parties that play these subgenre's of psytrance, are all tripping out on one or the other psychedelic. It's my impression that it's not very big in the US for some reason. In southern Europe particularly, most large psy festivals will play dark psy in the night time. And at german psytrance festivals it's also often just as common to have a small dark psy stage as having a chill out, well almost anyway.

I also like breakcore a lot, and wouldn't have second thoughts taking a trip to a party that played it. Unfortunately it's not very popular were I live, so I almost never get the chance.

I was at ozora this year for the first time and it is was the most amazing festival i have ever been in my life. <3<3<3

Now see I would HAVE to be tripping to enjoy that kind of a show....would get boring really fast sober

Yeah, man. Ozora is amazing :p I was there in 2011. I heard this year had been really good, after a couple of spotty years with lots of police and internal problems in the organisation making it.

I want to go again, but I guess I'll try Boom next year, even though I always heard so and so about it.