Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and the harder styles of music

MoonLiquid

Bluelighter
Heya folks!
Sorry if this topic already existed haha.

I love the harder styles of music like hardcore , uptempo , frenchcore , crossbreed , terror , darkcore , hardcore dnb and stuff like that , and go mainly to that kind of parties.
I'm a psychedelic lover and upper ( well my favorite upper is amphetamine and i mainly use that when i use a upper).

Are there some other people out here who loves to take psychedelics on a ''harder'' festival or party?
I'm really curious what kind of psychedelic you used on a party/festival like that:).

I have been to some pretty nasty punk rock shows on LSD and found the aggression pretty disconcerting.
The exaggerated masculinity that some of these types of music can bring out of an audience tend to make me pretty wary of the environments i trip in.
I've had some mindblowing festival trip experiences to a range of really eclectic music - i actually find the more stereotypically "trippy" music bores me on psychedelics...which is probably more of a reflection of my taste than the effects of the drug in question - but i know some people love to be confronted by intensity on a trip.
Me, i go for the more heightened sensory experience of music/psychs, but each to their own.
I think certain phenethylamine psychedelics (2C-x series for example) would lend themselves much more readily to appreciating the kinds of music you are talking about.

I dont know if this answers your question at all? :)

I have been to some pretty nasty punk rock shows on LSD and found the aggression pretty disconcerting.
The exaggerated masculinity that some of these types of music can bring out of an audience tend to make me pretty wary of the environments i trip in.
I've had some mindblowing festival trip experiences to a range of really eclectic music - i actually find the more stereotypically "trippy" music bores me on psychedelics...which is probably more of a reflection of my taste than the effects of the drug in question - but i know some people love to be confronted by intensity on a trip.
Me, i go for the more heightened sensory experience of music/psychs, but each to their own.
I think certain phenethylamine psychedelics (2C-x series for example) would lend themselves much more readily to appreciating the kinds of music you are talking about.

I dont know if this answers your question at all? :)

Hehe Yeah i was just curious if other people did it and what (well i know i'm not the only one but not really much people do that) just curious to their experiences :)
I did 2-CB , and LSD once on a party like that and i found it amazing haha.
I'm thinking to do Al-Lad once on a party/festival like that haha.

I like some "harder" genres, though nothing beyond a tiny bit of hardcore....and honestly, I couldn't see it going together at all. Stimulants, yeah sure. But not psychs.

That being said, I have somewhat limited range of experience with psychedelics, predominantly tryptamines like shrooms and DMT. Haven't had a proper LSD trip due to never getting actual LSD (did once, but setting dulled it hard). I just can't see any psychs I'm experienced with going with harsh music, IMO.

I'm not really into this kind of electronic music, but I know that psychedelics are fairly widespread in that sort scene, in the UK at least.

It tends to have quite a prominent hippie following, and a lot of squatters/illegal ravers too. It's fairly alternative and most of the people have taken the more common psychedelics. Ketamine is easily the biggest drug in that scene.

I'm not really into this kind of electronic music, but I know that psychedelics are fairly widespread in that sort scene, in the UK at least.

It tends to have quite a prominent hippie following, and a lot of squatters/illegal ravers too. It's fairly alternative and most of the people have taken the more common psychedelics. Ketamine is easily the biggest drug in that scene.
Yeah , and that's a drug that totally doesn't attract me on a party like that haha.
It's not that i dosage it super high , because i don't want to trip to hard on a party , but with some nice amphetamine it just adds something extra ( well for me it does haha).
But that's everyone for itself i guess , i'm just really curious who does this too and what :D.

it can be a great experience. i have enjoyed speed, splitter, flashcore etc. events on psychedelics many times but many times that type of music was not right either. i have found it best for psychedelics to have the power to change what music is being played at any time - so not at an event.

I feel the same way. When I started tripping I listened to a lot of stuff like Infected mushroom and a bunch of other electronic music, but ultimately I find that a lot less trippy than some good instrumental music (an exception is Shpongle... and a few others). I absolutely love listening to classical piano on psychedelics. Or playing music.

for faster BMPs, speed is the way to go. Add a little bit of MDMA (but not too much) for a feeling of connection with the others and feel more the music. Keep the ket for the after-party, it will help you a lot with the comedown.

In my opinion, psychedelics are mixing very badly with speed. I had a very bad experience with 2 hits of LSD, 2 MDMA pills and a couple of speeds at the same time.

Also, I don't think I would feel great on psychedelics with a big crowd of people on speed and fast/dark music. Too much stimulation. Psychedelics are much more fun at psytrance parties.

I had great times at UK Hardcore/happy hardcore parties on a small dose of LSD + a small dose of speed + MDMA + a few bumps of ket, but it gets intense.

Less is more many times.

Last edited:
First time taking any psychedelic aside from cannabis was LSD at a Cradle of Filth concert. It was awesome, and I don't even like cradle.

I listen to a lot of metal, and still do so when tripping. Anything from drone doom to black metal to dark ambient. Bands like Blut aus Nord are fucking bizarre to listen to when tripping on a dissociative.

I don't listen to any hard techno, though I do enjoy breakcore and industrial.

Thanks for you're replies:).

Yeah , my main for that kind of party's is amphetamine, i'm not into mixing amphetamine with other serotonin/dopamine releasers so i'm not so up with mixing it with mdma etc. And it's not that i always do a psychedelic on a hardcore party or something like that haha, just sometimes when my mood is into that haha.

Ate acid at a rob zombie show once....scared the living shit out of me....stuck to speed and booze ever since....now I would trip at a nine inch nails show if given the oppertunity....without hesitation....possibly slayer or mastadon also

Ate acid at a rob zombie show once....scared the living shit out of me....stuck to speed and booze ever since....now I would trip at a nine inch nails show if given the oppertunity....without hesitation....possibly slayer or mastadon also
That sucks! , i can imagine when you have a bad experience once with using a psychedelic on whatever festival or party you don't want to use it again.