• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and the harder styles of music

i tripped out of my mind at a Skinny Puppy show back in the day... It was fucked up, all the fake blood and green slime shit - stage show kinda like gwar only way darker lol!

Haha it's funny to read that the most people see ''hardcore'' as metal and stuff like that:) ( not that it is wrong or something). But i meant with the harder styles of music uptempo , frenchcore , dutchcore , terror , crossbreed , breakcore , hardcore dnb and stuff like that haha. Guess that is a country thing haha,
But it's still fun to read the experience with psychedelics at other ''harder styles of music'' though:).

It's funny how genre names get used in multiple (very different) styles of music.
I always thought "garage" was a type of fuzzy 1960s rock'n'roll. Then i see it's a term used to describe a type of EDM.
Clearly i'm out of touch ;)

I'm way out of touch....I've never heard of any of those genres moon liquid put up there

I'm assuming they are all techno

Guess who pops up in your topic uninvited (a)
I personally loved 2C-E at a 4 hour Partyraiser set :D

I'm way out of touch....I've never heard of any of those genres moon liquid put up there

I'm assuming they are all techno
Oh believe me, that's not techno :D

It's funny how genre names get used in multiple (very different) styles of music.
I always thought "garage" was a type of fuzzy 1960s rock'n'roll. Then i see it's a term used to describe a type of EDM.
Exactly that haha! that changes a lot too:).
Everything changes so fast!

I'm only 27 and thought the same thing lol....since when did every word under the sun become a sub-genre of EDM? I mean ultimately, IT'S ALL HOUSE MUSIC MOTHERFUCKERS :p

dubstep and other bass music genres are pretty ok on psychedelics, but crazy fast evil killer styles are a waste of high for me. they do not enhance the experience on acid or shrooms. but stims, that's another story for sure.

^^^Agree about hip hop, trap and Three Six Mafia being great to listen to while tripping.

Grime sounds sick when I'm tripping. It's such a fresh, energetic sound.
I found track this while tripping on 2C-E the other day... it blew my mind. Turn the bass up.

I think lyric content has a lot to do with the direction, of a trip, too.... Music by it self is fine... Music in a major key like A or Tri tones is creepy to me. I tend to list to Entheogenic, Shpongle type tunes...

Dark psy, forest and hi-tech are all really fast and hard music genres that are very trippy. I think that most people at festivals or parties that play these subgenre's of psytrance, are all tripping out on one or the other psychedelic. It's my impression that it's not very big in the US for some reason. In southern Europe particularly, most large psy festivals will play dark psy in the night time. And at german psytrance festivals it's also often just as common to have a small dark psy stage as having a chill out, well almost anyway.

I also like breakcore a lot, and wouldn't have second thoughts taking a trip to a party that played it. Unfortunately it's not very popular were I live, so I almost never get the chance.

dark psy

I took MDMA at a venetian snares (breakcore I guess) show and it was awesome.

On psychedelics I do like 'harder' music I guess, but I mean harder in the sense of mentally 'intense' / trippy. Like this Autechre - 1 1 is - YouTube

Dark psy, forest and hi-tech are all really fast and hard music genres that are very trippy. I think that most people at festivals or parties that play these subgenre's of psytrance, are all tripping out on one or the other psychedelic. It's my impression that it's not very big in the US for some reason. In southern Europe particularly, most large psy festivals will play dark psy in the night time. And at german psytrance festivals it's also often just as common to have a small dark psy stage as having a chill out, well almost anyway.

I also like breakcore a lot, and wouldn't have second thoughts taking a trip to a party that played it. Unfortunately it's not very popular were I live, so I almost never get the chance.

dark psy

There's got to be a progression in the music in the night. Some progressive psytrance, lower BPM to start the night. Around 1-4AM, fast BPM dark psy has it's place. And after, when the sun rise, some uplifting stuff :)