Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Euphoria

Sneed1

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm wondering about the euphoria that people talk about getting from taking psychedelics. I imagine this is different from the body warmth "euphoria" that you get from stuff like opiates. I've also gotten euphoria from stimulants before but nothing to crazy because I didn't take a lot of it but even that was a different euphoria than compared with opiates. So what does the euphoria from lysergamides and tryptamines feel like or even other phenethylamines with serotonergic activity. I've never tried a psychedelic but I wonder if the euphoria can be put into words. 6

I wonder if the euphoria can be put into words.
Not really, no.

I'll just leave this here.

Opiates:

The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn:
God's in his heaven—
All's right with the world!

(Robert Browning)

Psychedelics:

It wets my foot, but prettily,
It chills my life, but wittily,
It is not disconcerted,
It is not broken-hearted:
Well used, it decketh joy,
Adorneth, doubleth joy:
Ill used, it will destroy,
In perfect time and measure
With a face of golden pleasure
Elegantly destroy.

(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Last edited:
Psychedelic Euphoria isnt always reproducible eachtime like it is with other substances but when it does happen it feels more "pure" and "clean" then the euphoria from other drugs. Some of my most Euphoric moments have been on LSA's, 2C-T-7, aMT, 2C-C, 4-HO-MET, Mescaline, 4-AcO-DMT, ETH-LAD and LSD but I mean its happened alot of other times with different psychedelics I have tripped so many times now and in general respond very well to these substances. But that being said LSA's for example are very hit or miss its all about alkoloid content in the seeds and sonetimes they make you real nauseated and then it turns into a blissfull trip, sometimes a dud. But that being said one of my ++++'s on HBWR Was one of the best trips of my whole life and ive taken about 60 different psychedelics at this point, so that being said their is deff something going on there special you have to smoke hella Cannabis on the comeup when the nausea Hits and then it shifts into incredible Euphoria sometimes. But like I said some seeds Produce better results then others, they gotta be fresh.

I have had psychedelic euphoria on LSD, mushrooms, Indica/Sativa pot and hashish. It is not at all like the euphoria from Amphetamine/Dexedrine, oxycodone/hydrocodone/codeine-I never fucked with heroin; or alcohol.

If you smoke, eat, or vape enough Sativa pot or hashish you will trip or sort of get a psychedelic experience from it. Just make sure you do not have to drive, or do anything for a long period of time.

I remember one time on a high dose LSD(800-1200µg), looking at myself in the mirror and feeling deep in love with myself. That was very euphoric and still is actually..

But I realize that words ain' gonna cut it.

I remember one time on a high dose LSD(800-1200µg), looking at myself in the mirror and feeling deep in love with myself. That was very euphoric and still is actually..

But I realize that words ain' gonna cut it.
How do you know it was that high of a dose of LSD at 800-1,200ug?

At very high doses like this you are not able to really function, move, see very clearly, recognise yourself or an image of yourself, and psychosis and blackouts/memory loss can happen.

At very high doses like this you are not able to really function, move, see very clearly, recognise yourself or an image of yourself, and psychosis and blackouts/memory loss can happen.
Thank you! This is a pet peeve of mine and I think it should be made a sticky and a rule in this forum. People talk a lot about highly specific LSD doses, especially the days. I think it's more common that people do this now due to people buying drugs from the darknet, where putative doses are listed for various tabs.

LSD degrades and more importantly dealers fucking lie, and should always be assumed to be liars. Or perhaps more often, lied to by people higher up the pyramid.

I've taken LSD before and actual known the dose I was taking. Very few people can actually state this with confidence because what I mean is that I had recent purity testing by LC/MS done and knew exactly how much LSD went into solution. IIRC it was about 74% (+)-d-LSD, the balance mostly inactive isomers, laid at 100μg per dose. This was considered very good and strong by all who tried it. The purity and dosing weren't discussed with end users. Honesty and total transparency in that game sometimes will get you nowhere. It probably could have been passed off as more than 100 mics a hit, no problem. To be clear: I'm talking about hits which were 74mcg active isomer.

I don't say this to boast, but just to underscore this: mics are a lot stronger than people think they are and very few people know what mics feel like. Thus, it's easy to claim any old number for your product. And, due to a sort of placebo effect, people will believe that this acid is stronger than the next.

But bottom line is people are attaching numbers of μg's to trip reports that are just plain unrealistic compared to what they describe. I particularly refer, as you do, to how functional the tripper is implied to be. The rest is subjective. But you are absolutely right. LSD saturates 5HT2a at around 1.4mg. That is literally as hard as you can trip as far as serotonin is concerned. Other receptors are still effected (mostly unpleasantly) and the trip is prolonged at higher doses, but my point stands.

A milligram is a metric fuckton, an advanced exercise. Very few ten-strips are actually a milligram, because very few hits are actually 100μg. Let alone more. Claims to the contrary should be treated with the utmost skepticism. People parroting the numbers that retailers tell them is meaningless, and honestly quite annoying. Possibly dangerous, too, if it encourages people to take what might be a much stronger dose than the claimant took, and expecting a similar experience.

People should stop throwing around these numbers and go back to the basics. "I took five strong hits," not "I took half a milligram."

Last edited:
Thank you! This is a pet peeve of mine and I think it should be made a sticky and a rule in this forum. People talk a lot about highly specific LSD doses, especially the days. I think it's more common that people do this now due to people buying drugs from the darknet, where putative doses are listed for various tabs.

LSD degrades and more importantly dealers fucking lie, and should always be assumed to be liars. Or perhaps more often, lied to by people higher up the pyramid.

I've taken LSD before and actual known the dose I was taking. Very few people can actually state this with confidence because what I mean is that I had recent purity testing by LC/MS done and knew exactly how much LSD went into solution. IIRC it was about 74% (+)-d-LSD, the balance mostly inactive isomers, laid at 100μg per dose. This was considered very good and strong by all who tried it. The purity and dosing weren't discussed with end users. Honesty and total transparency in that game sometimes will get you nowhere. It probably could have been passed off as more than 100 mics a hit, no problem.

I don't say this to boast, but just to underscore this: mics are a lot stronger than people think they are and very few people know what mics feel like. Thus, it's easy to claim any old number for your product. And, due to a sort of placebo effect, people will believe that this acid is stronger than the next.

But bottom line is people are attaching numbers of μg's to trip reports that are just plain unrealistic compared to what they describe. I particularly refer, as you do, to how functional the tripper is implied to be. The rest is subjective. But you are absolutely right. LSD saturates 5HT2a at around 1.4mg. That is literally as hard as you can trip as far as serotonin is concerned. Other receptors are still effected (mostly unpleasantly) and the trip is prolonged at higher doses, but my point stands.

A milligram is a metric fuckton, an advanced exercise. Very few ten-strips are actually a milligram, because very few hits are actually 100μg. Let alone more. Claims to the contrary should be treated with the utmost skepticism. People parroting the numbers that retailers tell them is meaningless, and honestly quite annoying. Possibly dangerous, too, if it encourages people to take what might be a much stronger dose than the claimant took, and expecting a similar experience.

People should stop throwing around these numbers and go back to the basics. "I took five strong hits," not "I took half a milligram."
very few people in the modern LSD scene have never ever taken proper lab tested 250 ug dose. Yet retards on reddit still believe they get 350 ug 500 ug 720 ug tabs lmaoooo were none of them were even 100 ug.

My LSD i keep on hand is lab tested 105 ug +- 5 ug so averages around 100 ug some tabs maybe 110. Other stuff is tested at 125 ug a tab i had dutch was selling it at 250 ug lmao. Then i had some tested 150 ug and volia give somebody 150 ug they will most likely freak out thats why no dealer will sell 200 ug tabs because you will quickly get arrested when somebody goes to hospital freaking out.

If they did not see god at 250 ug they did not even take even close to 150 ug let alone 250 ug of pure fucking lsd-25.

Then i had some tested 150 ug and volia give somebody 150 ug they will most likely freak out thats why no dealer will sell 200 ug tabs because you will quickly get arrested when somebody goes to hospital freaking out.
That's some quality shit. I'm referring to the 100mcg stuff. But man, I'm surprised anything commercial tested at 150 mics. Sometimes that kind of thing is made for "family," but usually not even that. It's fucking irresponsible to lay doses that heavy. As you say, people freak the fuck out. I once made the mistake of agreeing to "puddle" someone who asked for it. He had to be forcibly restrained and brought to the ER for psychotic agitation. Poor kid really had no idea what he was asking for, acted like he did though, because hey, the cool kids were doing it or some shit like that. Bad news and I never did anything like that again for anyone who wasn't fam, even if asked. People can't handle their shit and more importantly people don't know their limits. God forbid the kiddos who write so called 800 mic trip reports actually get handed an honest 800 mics. Try that casually and you're in for a bad time.

Last edited:
That's some quality shit. I'm referring to the 100mcg stuff. But man, I'm surprised anything commercial tested at 150 mics. Sometimes that kind of thing is made for "family," but usually not even that. It's fucking irresponsible to lay doses that heavy. As you say, people freak the fuck out. I once made the mistake of agreeing to "puddle" someone who asked for it. He had to be forcibly restrained and brought to the ER for psychotic agitation. Bad news and I never did that again even if asked. People can't handle their shit and more importantly people don't know their limits. God forbid the kiddos who write so called 800 mic trip reports actually get handed an honest 800 mics. Try that casually and you're in for a bad time.
this is by a certain famous group that has 105 ug 150 ug and 200 ug tabs laid with czech crystal. Tbh the only group which seems to have accurate dosing even in that online world.

Dutch stuff is always underdosed.

Last year when i started dosing alot i started off with 150 ug trips but they were pretty fucking intense before my tolerance set in so i was bouncing between 100 and 150 ug alot of the time. 100 ug in the dark with no tolerance will blow your socks off. Had some higher doses trips due to tolerance then had a t break and returned to 250 ug dissolved into infinity met god and took a longer break then took my average dose up to around 300 ug intense intense trips so mind bending i can't even describe them body dissolving into fractal energy just a floating point of awareness taking in the trip.

I would never in my life give somebody a 150 or 200 ug tab again even if they are experinced with street lsd.

At one stage my friend was getting some strong acid from a old lady lol two years ago i took half and he took the other half by himself i had a full blown 12 hour visual trip mutiple versions of my self sitting around the room the blanket moving visually animated the walls and roof covered in powerful geometric patterns at one stage it looked the threads of my rug were shrooms and somebody had thrown glow in the dark paint and put a uv blacklight on over my entire room. He also had a powerful trip. The lady was not even labelling doses on them just told him to take half and it was fucking really strong and boy it was.

I assume that full tab must of been around the 200 ug and fuck knows where she got it from she was old.

all over the years my first tabs i use to get were 110 ug white on white. Then for years i was getting some trash stuff stored wrong etc. then finally hit a jackpot of 100 ug hits again sometimes stronger then just starting getting them myself and everything was on a different level.

I always assume clearnet LSD analogues are dosed somewhat right, I base LSD blotter strength of that. I have some "250ug" blotters that are half of that at most.

I've tried many drugs, and mdma euphoria is by far the strongest. I don't really look for euphoria in psychedelics, and I would think it isn't its main objective/effect. But, it's there, sometimes stronger than the other effects.

Main effects for me are cognitive and visual (oev/cev). Total body high too. I recognize that isn't euphoria though. That's more of an emotional state. On psychedelics your mind can change quickly. Not in decision making, but the emotional state.

Or you might get completely stuck lol.

Ime you can reach euphoric states on psychedelics that transcend other drugs. Tripping is potentially one of the most recreational things humanly possible. Not always, not on every drug. But no other drugs can get you so in touch with your absolute core being, while mind, body and all senses are 100% in tune.
Recreationally psychedelics are unmatched imo, other drug classes pale in comparison.

mdma eurphoria while pretty high is nowhere near peak LSD experinces of transcended bliss or dmt and then 5 meo dmt is like eurphoia and bliss times a trillion of any other drug

5 meo dmt is like eurphoia and bliss times a trillion of any other drug
Oh, man. Yes. I wrote about exactly this (it's crazy to think it was over a decade ago.) And I don't do trip reports. Have no use for them. Don't read them, don't write them. Never have. But I felt compelled to write a short little something about that one. Might be considered an attempt to describe that transcendent euphoria of psychedelia.
5-MeO-DMT. 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine. About a match-head's worth of degraded product in the form of reddish, hygroscopic material, smoked in a glass bulb pipe. Writer is relatively inexperienced with the material. Seated, in a living room with psychedelic decorations, with two very dear friends. At around T+6:00 of a baseline dose of 2.5 mg of DOC, and T+0:45 of a small line of racemic ketamine, insufflated. A recording of the choir of St. John's Church, Elora, Ontario, performing Henry Lawes' 1648 setting of Psalm VIII is playing in the background. The writer considers this the most beautiful of all of his psychedelic experiences.

Near instantly, I am at a plus four. It is utterly ineffable. But there is no visual involvement, none of the more superficial indicia of the psychedelic state. Mentally there is no confusion. There is no breakdown of the mechanism of perception. There is utter clarity. There is a sense of eternity. This is not quite ego loss. The subject-object boundary is intact. The perceiver is separate from that which is perceived. But there is something here that is essential to all psychedelic drugs, something that satisfies some basic human longing for the sublime and the profound. Remarkably, while that longing is totally satisfied, there is nothing else ... because, at that moment, there is nothing else. The experience is all-encompassing, boundary-shattering. It feels eternal, yet I am conscious that it is fleeting. I am definitely in this moment, but there is none other. Everything is still. Then there is some enhancement of color, some slight oscillations of geometric patterns already extant. Then there is a return to linear time. I feel holy. And in ten minutes or so I am gently to the baseline.

Last edited:
The difference is that with psychedelics it's genuine euphoria.
Nothing the drug does forces you to be happy or content, it's your own reaction to seeing the world around you while being on the drug.
You can also absolutely experience the most horrible and mind-melting things on psychedelics, and then you will experience fear like you never have.

Opioids are a "happiness"-button. You push the button and you're feeling good. (less good over time, sure, but mostly due to psychological reasons, or ridiculous tolerance)

i have not tripped since start of feb when i had another ego death the bliss on that was beyond anything. And it has carried into my daily life by meditating and focusing on that love and bliss it gets me through the hard days.

I know, since I have taken part in making the solution from LSD crystal - so I know the concentration.

I will admit it was in the end of the trip though...