• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic drug induced Depersonalization

well in my opinion, the DMT certainly had a role in this. I had a devastating trip on mushrooms, but the DR only started about half a year later. The first anxiety issues began earlier though.

Thank you guys!I love you so much !!!It got a lot better i think...i'm still paranoid though(kinda)
I'm going out a lot with my friends,i m talking to people,doing things man!!!!I will just stick to hookah,maybe cigarettes in the future
Won't touch shitty drugs again.Drugs are indeed very bad.I feel alive again(kinda) :)
Thank you for the support
I am calm,even though it's bad,i remind myself its just an altered state of consciousness,nothing more.I'm sane,i'm completely normal,it's just the way i think.Nothing is malfunctioning
My brain is nice,just a little bit more full with adrenaline and decreased dopamine!

wow, I'm glad to hear this.
so this is a positive experience after all!

well in my opinion, the DMT certainly had a role in this. I had a devastating trip on mushrooms, but the DR only started about half a year later. The first anxiety issues began earlier though.
Are you doing better?

I went through a period of intense HPPD, anxiety and DR/DP after a devastating traumatic bad trip on mushrooms with syrian rue. It took me about 6 months to get through the really hard part, that was the hardest 6 months of my life, i was suicidally anxious and terrified. But after i recovered from it i felt very grateful for it, it was a very difficult learning experience but i am a better person in the long term because of it, that experience regenerated me.

I have had a lot of good trips, i have also had many difficult ones including my fair share of nightmares. I have learned the most about myself from the bad ones. I struggle articulating my condition it is something that i am constantly trying to decipher and understand. Tell me what kind of symptoms do you all experience due to depersonalization? I feel i can relate

I went through a period of intense HPPD, anxiety and DR/DP after a devastating traumatic bad trip on mushrooms with syrian rue. It took me about 6 months to get through the really hard part, that was the hardest 6 months of my life, i was suicidally anxious and terrified. But after i recovered from it i felt very grateful for it, it was a very difficult learning experience but i am a better person in the long term because of it, that experience regenerated me.

As deep of a hell that I was in with drug induced anxiety/dp/Dr - by working through it I grew immensely as a person. I was forced to deal with some deep demons and I feel that I came out of it way better off.

When coming face to face with traumatic situations, whether they be physical or mental, the result is a stronger person or a broken person. Being broken is not the same as being lost. There is hope for those who search for it

Forget the fact that your issues began during and after the drug experience. Focus on the issue at hand by taking it for what it is. Your own manifestation of hell which you were destined to face at some point in your life anyway. Your efforts will not be in vain and you will be stronger because of it. This is what I believe when feeling optimistic. I still have my own demons to face

Thanks for the response
It's inspiring

Really? How long did it take for you to become yourself again?

Really? How long did it take for you to become yourself again?

That episode in my life had a profound impact on the way i think, it changed me very significantly, so in a way i never really "became myself" again, i became a new person.

But i recovered from the anxiety, terror and borderline psychosis (and regained hope and positivity about the future) after about 6 months. That happened about 10 years ago and ive had no other mental health problems since then.

When psychosis is drug-induced, it is just a matter of time before it wears off, unless there is already a tendency (predisposition) towards mental illness. The best advice for people undergoing drug-induced psychosis is to stop taking drugs, and hold-off from suicide until you recover from the dark feelings. Even though it can be absolute hell, it does get better with time.

My dp seems to get a bit better
Life is beautiful
I won't do ANY drugs again

So, something positive is/did come of your experience.
My GF is still waffling as whether or not to do ant more DMT...she's had a couple of bouts with DP/DR both very transient, 2-3 days, but terrifying nonetheless...and as soon as she feels better she wants to "try again".
Kinda like getting back on the horse that threw you...not sure of the soundness of this idea though.
Last night, however, she told me to do some w/o her and she just smoked a joint...so she's not climbing back up on that horse yet.
Sorry for the rambling post...glad you're doing better.

So, something positive is/did come of your experience.
My GF is still waffling as whether or not to do ant more DMT...she's had a couple of bouts with DP/DR both very transient, 2-3 days, but terrifying nonetheless...and as soon as she feels better she wants to "try again".
Kinda like getting back on the horse that threw you...not sure of the soundness of this idea though.
Last night, however, she told me to do some w/o her and she just smoked a joint...so she's not climbing back up on that horse yet.
Sorry for the rambling post...glad you're doing better.

Pls tell her to stay away.I figured out that this so called alternate dimension that the dmt takes you is just your brain trying to protect itself from shit.There is nothing magical or sacred about DMT it's just a fun thing in low doses.

That episode in my life had a profound impact on the way i think, it changed me very significantly, so in a way i never really "became myself" again, i became a new person.

But i recovered from the anxiety, terror and borderline psychosis (and regained hope and positivity about the future) after about 6 months. That happened about 10 years ago and ive had no other mental health problems since then.

When psychosis is drug-induced, it is just a matter of time before it wears off, unless there is already a tendency (predisposition) towards mental illness. The best advice for people undergoing drug-induced psychosis is to stop taking drugs, and hold-off from suicide until you recover from the dark feelings. Even though it can be absolute hell, it does get better with time.
That's very reassuring to read. I'm in the same position as a small dose of MDMA messed me up in my mind a little bit after I panicked on it. Anxiety is still pretty high, but better. It's been 3.5 months now and I can feel myself becoming better. The dark feelings. Totally know what you on about. Thanks man!

ego finds you again
like a jealous lover
while you sit basking in its glorious absence.

This is inspiring :D
I'd love my ego back...I think DMT triggered some DP but exam anxiety made it worse
I will come down though,i guess