View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic drug induced Depersonalization

SoonAJunkie

Bluelighter
Does anyone have experience with it?Is there a treatment? I think I'm going insane...I've used 5 acid tabs and did one almost overdose dmt trip...

How long has it been? These things usually go away with time. Stay away from drugs until you feel normal again.

Depersonalization is an anxiety driven condition...as soon as you calm down it'll get better.
Also, naloxone (Narcan) has been very effective in treating the symptoms as well as clonazepam.

Some more info:I had tons of anxiety from 28/5-10/6...but dp caught me 3 days ago...does that occur after anxious situations?

yes, DP/DR can be a symptom of severe anxiety and depression. I've had several episodes of derealization, beginning in the fall of 2012. One thing I can assure you is that you are not going to be insane, and the other thing is that you can pull yourself out of it. But you have to realize that it will take time and work to heal, it can't be done overnight.

Tell us about your current drug use. I guess you ceased to use psychedelics (which is of course very necessary), but what about other things? I understand that you use opioids, but if you use cannabis as well, you should stop this instantly.

In general you should minimize your drug use and get healthy. No coffee and cigarettes, they are stimulants and might worsen your anxiety, which contributes even more to your DP/DR symptoms.

What's most important is that you go out and do stuff, to distract your mind from that obsessive thoughts. If you are at home all the time, your thoughts just go into loop mode and you'll never be able to relax. Meet up with friends, ride your bike every day, do some other form of exercise.
Exercise in general is very important as well, as it makes your mind healthier as well, so do something everyday, even if it's just a little bit of jogging.

You should also improve your diet, eat healthy and proper food, and maybe pick up some supplements. I can recommend Omega-3 and Magnesium. Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary stuff.

I guess this is a lot of advice, but well, I've been where you are. It's a very shitty situation, but you have to remember that you are not going insane. If things still get worse over the next few weeks, you should consider getting medical help, and maybe therapy as well, if this is possible for you. You also have to realize that you cannot escape your thoughts and the more you try, the worse it gets. Just try to let them be there and try not to fight (not easy, I know, but you have to learn it). Also look into breathing techniques, they can help you to relax.

well, if you have more questions, you can write here or also send me a PM.

All the best :)

I was using heroin for a week on early may.However I stopped using psychedelics on may when I had my huge DMT trip.I've used 5 tabs of acid on 2013.I was playing world of warcraft for 18 hours per day for 5 days from 11/6-16/6
Do you think that this could trigger dp?

I had it for 9 months after dirty molly. Time and sobriety will heal you. Don't be a hypochondriac on the Internet either. There are some scary stories that made things worse for me.

You'll be ok but I feel ya DPDR really sucks.

Listen to this and please answer
I've been playing wow for 18 hours a day last week
I've stopped eating, I was just eating one time per day and just a little food
I had some exams and I was EXTREMELY anxious
I also saw a nightmare about my mother dying :/

Not sure what the question was there, but yeah I have personal experience with self-neglect like you describe... not 100% sure but that could be a 'negative symptom' of a disorder like the DP disorder you have already mentioned or schizophrenia. In my case it happens to be another form of mental illness, and I did / do not suffer from DP. But you yourself reported your father also suffering from DR / DP from time to time. It is not for us to say what anyone's diagnosis is, what is important is that you do your best to manage your anxiety (with help from mental health professionals) and follow their prescriptions and referals.

I interpret drug-induced symptoms such as DP/DR or psychosis as temporary ones that mainly last while the drug acts, and I believe under certain circumstances that could happen to anyone. But triggered symptoms of an underlying illness may be more chronic, it is important to realize that you do well to treat it asap or get it treated, and that in the future it will probably remain a weakness that you should be very careful with. So no tripping in an attempt to 'find your way back' or anything like that. Also, opiates can contribute to or cause hallucinations and if you use cannabis, that is another risk factor. Stimulants are another one especially if abused / used excessively.

Sorry that you have so much anxiety, it is really tough I know... I have it chronically as well and often want to take drugs like benzo's to get rid of it. But, I think something is true for both you and me and that is that a good thing for us to do is have faith (hope and trust I mean), collect our strength and choose treatment that may include proper medication under supervision. Don't allow yourself to be preoccupied by thoughts about going insane, just do everything you can to avoid this going any further and in doing so try to feel gradually better about taking steps in the right direction, steps that will ultimately get you out of this situation even if an underlying condition remains.

Step out of a downwards spiral and get into an upwards one. :)

Do you have people who can help, and do you live with family?

please get some medical attention, or at least go to family/friends if possible. if you keep on sitting alone obsessing about your thoughts, they'll only get worse.

Will you follow the advice in your TDS thread (and in here)? For your own sake. The sooner you do that the sooner you feel better.