• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic drug induced Depersonalization

yeah I feel like you ask for help here, then you seem to not really read or comprehend the advice given and keep on posting about how shitty you feel. I know the situation you're in, but it'll only get better, if you do something about it.

I say again...check on Narcan...should be available to you even if only through a physician...my GF had a short bout with DP/DR and during my research to help her i came upon this tidbit of info..

found a significant transient beneficial effect of naloxone infusion on symptoms of depersonalisation in 10 of 14 patients studied. This intriguing result suggests a possible role of the endogenous opioid system in the pathogenesis of depersonalisation, and the possibility that anti-opioid drugs may have therapeutic value. To date, this hypothesis has not been explored further in the literature, despite the impressive results from this pilot study. However, one open-label study has found evidence of a role for the opioid receptor antagonist naltrexone in treating dissociative symptoms in the context of borderline personality disorder (Bohus et al, 1999), and it may be of note that the selective kappa opioid receptor agonist enadoline has been found to induce depersonalisation, although this was only one of numerous reported physical and psychological effects (Walsh et al, 2001).. Naloxone showed great promise..in reducing and even eliminating the symptoms.

That said...it would only stand to reason that if an opioid antagonist helps...then opioids would be counterproductive....you know, like...SMACK...I only say this 'cause you seem to revel in being a junkie...QUIT THE JUNK.

However,like Bagseed said if you do nothing but bitch...you'll get nothing...DO something ...there is a wealth of information available to you...to help yourself.

Last edited:
I went to the psychiatrist with my mother.I told her everything,she told me it's cause of extreme anxiety.Nothing really harmful for me,she also prescribed me xanax(the pink ones) to relieve from anxiety.She told me to eat half a pill every night for 10 days.That's it.I'm completely logical but this is something not pleasant to live with....It's exactly the same feeling i got seconds after my comedown of my huge dmt trip but milder...I hope it goes away!

^your feeling a bit better then? :)

Good luck Brother...my GF is still having some issues with PTSD like symptoms as well as DP/DR...so your problem hits close to home for me.

good, recovery (relatively) without drugs is better because they hide the problem for a while but they worsen it in the long run

Last edited:
Soon, you seem to be doing better than just a few days ago...my GF and i are very interested in your recovery....she doesn't seem to be in as bad shape as you but she tells me that she knows you're in Hell right now, but there IS an end to it..."it" feeds on your anxiety about "it"...it's a vicious circle...the less you think about it the better it gets...and before you know it.....it's fucking GONE!

Soon, you seem to be doing better than just a few days ago...my GF and i are very interested in your recovery....she doesn't seem to be in as bad shape as you but she tells me that she knows you're in Hell right now, but there IS an end to it..."it" feeds on your anxiety about "it"...it's a vicious circle...the less you think about it the better it gets...and before you know it.....it's fucking GONE!

Yes i've been doing inscreasingly good,i still have it though!I'm listening to music and feeling nostalgic from time to time,helps me.Physical activity helps me so much!Sometimes i try to make it feel good,like,i tell to myself that i like DP.I know i don't but i just deceive myself.It's just a circle that needs to break,nothing more.It's common and NOT permanent.Tell her to read "a very inspiring column about depersonalization and derealization" on google
Will help!

I don't really think it was caused by DMT though...my trip was on march,i would be in this situation on march,not now....

Hey SaJ...

I'm very glad that you feel better! :) Good for you finding a psychiatrist who is willing to prescribe you xanax, when I was in your situation, completely freaking out, they were only willing to give me antidepressants and antipsychotics because of my history with drugs...

you have to realize though that they can only be a help for you to take action. (see my first post), but in general it was a smart move of your doctor imo. :)

eat well, exercise, abstain from drugs, and please keep us updated!

greets :)

Thank you guys!I love you so much !!!It got a lot better i think...i'm still paranoid though(kinda)
I'm going out a lot with my friends,i m talking to people,doing things man!!!!I will just stick to hookah,maybe cigarettes in the future
Won't touch shitty drugs again.Drugs are indeed very bad.I feel alive again(kinda) :)
Thank you for the support
I am calm,even though it's bad,i remind myself its just an altered state of consciousness,nothing more.I'm sane,i'm completely normal,it's just the way i think.Nothing is malfunctioning
My brain is nice,just a little bit more full with adrenaline and decreased dopamine!

I look at it as an opportunity to accelerate personal growth; once you catch up with where you were at, you can continue improving because you have found the positive direction.

Take the approach given in yoga; you can not measure your success against someone else, another person who began with an advantage or disadvantage.

Drugs are beautiful and dangerous. At least that is my opinion of them.

Just a question...if it was damage from dmt,i would be in this situation right after the trip right?i mean,i wouldnt be like that 3 months later...!