• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Psilocybin and trip anxiety

Are mushroom trips more prone to anxiety than other psychedelics?

• YES, they do

Votes: 174 61.7%
  • NO, they do not

Votes: 108 38.3%

• Total voters
Set and setting are particularly important for mushrooms in my experience. It is absolutely required that I be outside for the duration of the trip, if I am ever surrounded by too many people or in too urban an environment the trip will start to get an edge to it.

^^^ Yeah, but coming down in an urban setting can be really funny in a judgemental laconic critical psilocybin daze.

mushrooms and anxiety

I am planning on taking mushrooms for the first time in the next week or so.

Also, whenever i smoke weed i get really bad anxiety and panic attacks to the point at which i cannot enjoy it.

I was wondering since these drugs are both psychedelic, will shrooms give me panic attacks as well??

I am not at all nervous about taking the shrooms and am looking forward to it a great deal.

It is possible that shrooms will cause anxiety in you.

Judging by the opinion of most posters on this forum mushrooms seem to be the more prone to causing anxiety than other psychedelics.

That does not mean that you will necessarilly get anxiety though.

Weed anxiety and mushrooms anxiety are two different types IMO>

On mushrooms you may get scared as your sense of self (ego) starts to slip away (this is more likely to happen on higher doses). If yo uare able to let go and let the mushroom guide you instead of trying to guide the trip yourself this anxiety can be avoided.
Ofcourse set ans setting are very important.

i never understood weed axiety as ive never experienced it (unless i was tripping on something already).

If you are prone to anxiety than it is possible that you will experience it on mushrooms.
Now i dont know if others will agree with me here, but i dont think this should stop you from trying them.

Usually, even if u get anxiety, once it passes you are left in a state of bliss.

happy trails friend.<3

the first time I did shrooms I was feeling fantastic for the the first 3/4's of the trip.....than I smoked and started panicking......i've learned not to smoke weed on hallucinogens but that's just me because i tend to get anxiety as well when I smoke.

My bad trips always start because I'll feel way too far from my body or reality.....not the hallucinations or mindset.....i'll just start feeling as though i'm having an out of body experience or something, I don't know what to call it.

I find walking around brings me back to my body and I feel more in control bringing me back to a good trip.

i'll just start feeling as though i'm having an out of body experience or something, I don't know what to call it.

Thats when all the fun starts , you just need to go with it and keep an open heart and mind

When i take psychedelics im hoping to have a powerful out of body experience

To the OP :

As far as mushrooms and anxiety go , sure it can happen. But if you dont dose really heavy you should be alright. Mushrooms are one of my favorite psychs out there , they have a very spiritual feel to them and can take you really deep in your mind. I think the majority of anxiety Ive felt has been caused by the revelations Ive had when I was tripping. Some of them have been disturbing and it would send my trip spiraling in a strange direction.

But afterwords I was always glad it happened , psychedelics can help you uncover things hidden in your soul. They have the power to change you as person in countless ways if you let them.

Happy Trails :)<3

Don't smoke dope before or shortly after dropping the shrooms - & relax it's OK to enjoy yourself

I am planning on taking mushrooms for the first time in the next week or so.

Also, whenever i smoke weed i get really bad anxiety and panic attacks to the point at which i cannot enjoy it.

I was wondering since these drugs are both psychedelic, will shrooms give me panic attacks as well??

I am not at all nervous about taking the shrooms and am looking forward to it a great deal.

don´t take cannabis during the shrooms, leave it for the come down.

ingest the shrooms in a slow pace +- 20 minutes

have a pint or two of beer ( for the come up) if you think you may need it.

again, avoid cannabis, leave it for the come down

take care,

i would perhaps take a pretty small dosage the first time to see where you end up - just eat like a couple stems - maybe half an eighth to start out - then if it is going fine in 2 - 4 hours you could still eat the rest..

mushrooms give me more social anxiety than other psychedelics. I find it very hard to communicate with others, tripping or not, while on shrooms. If i'm tripping solo, I don't have much anxiety, but still more than I do with LSD or 2c-x's, or even 4-aco-dmt... go figure... may be the baeocystin

ever since i started doin lots of coke, ill often get a bit of anxiety on the come up of mushrooms, its nothing excessively overwhelming tho

question should read:

Are your mushroom trips more prone to anxiety then other psychedelics?

I would recommend shrooms over LSD for harm reduction due to the fact that it is easy to verify you have the correct product.

gold caps, blue stems, should be dry

be careful about onset a friend had a huge bag and kept eating and eating them saying "why am I not tripping??"

then he got hit with the trip hammer and was kind of freaking out on us.

the shrooms described are similar to LSD in their effect, hallucinations are similar, moving patterns where there are none, room size distortion, the feeling like you are watching an old 60s movie through your eyelids, seeing bumps or uneven ground when it is actually flat, things seem to grow that are not.

It is just so much easier to verify the product, and in my opinion less risky than blotter when who knows what chemical and how much you are taking.

Mushrooms and anxiety

What's this I keep hearing about mushrooms generally causing more anxiety than other psychadelics? When I tripped on shrooms (only 2g) I did have some anxiety, but I figured it was because I was a bit anxious coming up as I'd never tried shrooms before. I'm looking to experience shrooms on a real dose (3-4g) this time, but as a generally anxious person (although I feel like I'm improving recently), do you think shrooms may not be the psych for me? I'll be doing it with 2 close friends, who I trust.

Me and my friends always have a wonderful perfect time on shrooms. However I know some people that always end up crying in a corner of the room.. Everybody's psyche is different but in my opinion, the mind set and anxiety level before the trip will definately have a huge impact
on the experience

Mushrooms tend to be more psychologically unpredictable IME - they tend to make me either thoughtful or agressive - which is most likely just anxiety dressed for action

I've never experienced anxiety *after the come-up* that I havent felt vulnerable to on other psychs. The only anxiety I usually get from a psych is due to body load and feeling uncomfortable. Once I start peaking though its almost always smooth sailing. everyone's different though and it seems a lot of ppl here get extra anxiety from mushies, so if you felt fine before I'd think you'd be okay at higher doses. Just remember that you were okay before and you'll okay this time if things start to feel uncomfortable