POST YOUR RECORDINGS HERE! (not just for amateurs - also for labels/websites!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a pretty sick laptop and will be using it for mobile audio recording. I'll be getting some software, so if anyone is interested in collaborating I'll be able to lay down some drum tracks.

yeah Dex that new song is prolly the best jam I've heard you rock out. have you guys checked ou that last song I posted from my old ass blues rock and roll band???

^different singer than your current one? Sounds a lot different. That song is an instant "mosh ignighter".

I like the drums and bass the most in that. Your a pretty good drummer. A whole different thing when seeing people play in person though, obviously.

yeah. a different singer. different guitarists and bassists too. didn't ya read the damn band description at the bottom of page 5? I rambled on about that old punk band forever.

thanks for the compliments on my drumming, Dex :)

the song's about cocaine. it's one of my old faves.

I'll check out some of your other shit when I get home, Axl. I've only heard the punk stuff.

^you're a really good musician/singer. It's scary how much you sound like trey anastatio...it's good though.

Finder said:
I just bought a pretty sick laptop and will be using it for mobile audio recording. I'll be getting some software, so if anyone is interested in collaborating I'll be able to lay down some drum tracks.

I use a laptop for recording too, but i hate the touch scroll mouse. I need to get a regular mouse hooked up....it would literally save me hours.

EDIT - anyone listen to my song "gone away" yet. I just posted it today.

Last edited:
Finder said:
However, compare me to Don Henley and I'll kill you.

you know you want to be Grant Hart, just admit it!

Dexter, thanks for listening =) glad you liked it. that guitar part is far from my normal strumming style. for me, that is sparse, relaxed playing.

Just checked out Gone Away...first listen was a little rough, but as i got more familiar with it I definitely got more into it as well. It would be nice to hear your voice a bit more clearly tho.

Last edited:
spinkle said:
push hard

me solo, electric guitar with one vocal (whispered).

like Dex said, you are a really good musician/singer. the whispering layers perfectly over the guitar. and speaking of the guitar, I think your strumming is beautiful.

spinkle said:
Dexter, thanks for.......

I feel the same way about that song. I'm really liking "gone away" the more and more i listen to it. Its not even one of my better songs, but slowly becomming my favorite for some unknown reason. It was really just a quick throw-together of some older songs, and i just did a quick record, once over to save the idea. I have LOTS of ideas, but very few polished songs. I'm just waiting for the right time to try my luck at "breaking out". I want to be able to release an insaine cornacopia of songs.....but quality,.....bleh All in a due time though.

Yeah, well i'm using a fucking $2 microphone while my $300 condenser mic collects dust since i have no ports to plug into the laptap, and i sold off my digital recorder for drugs. bleh.

It was a late night mix anyways. You cant really be loud at night. I'll do some daytime recording soon. It's sad though, moving from a nice studio to having to move your $2 mic over to the left more so the vocals are louder and the guitar not so overpowering....eh whatever.

Bullshit aside, i like recieving constructive criticism more than compliments...cause there's always room for improvement. But i hate when someone cant just say "That was good" when it really is. anyways i enjoy the comments and critiques. So thank you.

Last edited:
dude, just get a $50 ART preamp and a $4 radio shack xlr to eighth inch converter.

i feel you on the late night recording, that's when most of mine gets done...hence whispered vocals. as for gear, you can only do what you can with what you have. we've all been through the one-cheap-mic recording phase at some time or another.

Axl, thanks for checking out my song and for the good words =) i have a lot of music to catch up on in this thread yet...

the preamp can then go into the laptop how? The only "IN" on the top is one for 1/8" jack, like on small headphones.

Sprinkle I liked "Push Hard".

If it was me I would do two things: 1) Slow it down a little bit. Not only will this make the lyrics understandable, but it sounds a bit rushed anyway. 2) It could use a beat. I know we don't all have drummers at our disposal :) .. but even a metronome-like simple beat would sound nice over that track.

Also you have a nice voice, even though you were trying to record quietly. If you slowed it down a bit you could showcase your voice better.

Just a little bit, ya know ;)

dexter, there are xlr-to-1/8th inch adapters and 1/4 inch-to-1/8th inch adapters. they're inexpensive, like i said just grab one at radioshack.

thanks for the comments blue dolphin =) heh..sprinkle. i'm gearing up to do a live acoustic version of it (or possibly mic'ing my Vox AC-30, which is a bitch because the room i record in has a lot of angles so there's a lot of interference from sound reflection) I'll throw that up here when i get it done.

the lyrics are in Words if you'd care to check them out.

spinkle said:
dexter, there are xlr-to-1/8th inch adapters and 1/4 inch-to-1/8th inch adapters. they're inexpensive, like i said just grab one at radioshack.

thanks for the comments blue dolphin =) heh..sprinkle. i'm gearing up to do a live acoustic version of it (or possibly mic'ing my Vox AC-30, which is a bitch because the room i record in has a lot of angles so there's a lot of interference from sound reflection) I'll throw that up here when i get it done.

the lyrics are in Words if you'd care to check them out.

i've tried this before, but without a preamp. I dont think you can go from phantom powered 1/4 to regular 1/8 and it will work. If you could assure me it would, i'll get that preamp and such. Thanks for the info anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.