POST YOUR RECORDINGS HERE! (not just for amateurs - also for labels/websites!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CatfishRivers said:
Ahhh, cool then! You can become a one man band then! Just fix the trumpet to yer neck like Neil Young does with the harmonica, and lay the bass across yer lap and turn it up so you can just press the frets, keeping yer other hand free to drum def leopard style...

hahaha. that's all I can say. :D

I also can do most of my instrumentation. I play bass, guitar, keys (with Reason hooked up), drums and a bit of the trumpet as well. I end up doing alot of stuff on Reason these days. Been recording onto Ableton Live 4.01 with Reason rewired as a slave, and then throwing some guitars and bass in through my pod xt live. Sounds good so far...

Well, I'm not really a multi-instrumentalist, yet. I'm learning the guitar. I can sing well for not having any sort of professional training ever and I can also sing and play the drums, which is a nice skill to have. I sing a lot of background vocals in my band as well as lead on one of our newer songs.

However, compare me to Don Henley and I'll kill you.

I wish I could get the knack of singing and playing over my music. It's too hard to sing over one measure in 6/4 and the next in 5/4...

You just have to practice. Anything is possible. At risk of sounding like a self-help pamphlet, saying something is "too hard" is the first step toward failure.

^I agree. And it's one of the most important aspects of music creation, second only to raw creationism. But then again this could be called another form of practice. I dont know.

The more you play/practice, and try other things, the more and more you are able to conform the music to the sound of your soul.

Finder said:
At risk of sounding like a self-help pamphlet, saying something is "too hard" is the first step toward failure.

LOL. Or a dad ;)

I never had problems singing and playing. because IMO it is fairly easy to sing and play drums. it is also easy to play bass and sing. prolly because they are both "rhythmical" instruments.

With drums, however, you have no melodic reference to what you are singing, which can be difficult to overcome.

^don't seem to be working. but I think it might be because my MP3 player is screwed. I will try again later.

CatfishRivers said:
Thanks Jaymie. I appreciate the kind words. I hope the audience at our first show has ears like yers!

Not bad. Not bad at all. I really need to get back into Reason. It would make my shit sound so much more pro. Then again, im all about the grunge......then again i like my trips..

bleh

"Insufficent data recieved." Hey i really like the 3 note ending. I just like that change up for some reasons. Da dun don.

Yeah Reason 3.0 is definitely worth working in. Has it's own mastering suite now, and a cool as hell dvice called the combinator that lets you combine any number of devices in whatever set up you like as a patch. You can even split yer keybaord up to play a bunch of synths at once. The sound sculpting capabilities seem endless to me.

oh and Dexter, your songs already sound cool, but I'd totally dig to hear what you'd do in reason as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.