• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

503886_6211958_b.jpg

...been looking at some illustrations and this caught my attention. :)

there's a mel ramos exhibit on at the crocker art museum in sacramento and my gf and i went along yesterday. i wasn't that familiar with his stuff but the exhibit was great.

some pieces:

7174116145_6c197d51ab_m.jpg
7174245251_87dd511092_m.jpg
7359280176_9963462138_m.jpg
7173969559_ce70a3328d_m.jpg
7174028133_acab5eb212_m.jpg

alasdair

^ That top one is one of the coolest painting I've seen in a while lostNfound.

^ agreed. what is it and who is the artist?

alasdair

Jean-Michel Basquiat is the artist, love his work. Lars Ullrich from Metallica owned a few pieces for a number of years until he held an auction for much of his artwork. That particular one is one of my favourite pieces of art...... of all time =D

There was also a great flick titled Basquiat. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115632/
Some great cameos and enjoyable film, worth seeing in my opinion anyway. :)

^Interesting. :)

Well, that is the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time. I have watched it three times and the video about the making of it twice. I'm obsessed!

Its pretty amazing alright...I did too by a similar amount. ;)

andreleongray.com

Liking this link. :)

the-eagleman-stag.jpg

The Eagleman Stag by Mickey Please
The making of...

Animated through stop-motion, the film incorporates thousands of hand-created, foam models across 115 sets to tell the story of Peter Eagleman. From a young age, Peter possessed a peculiar awareness of time. Obsessed with the concept that any unit of time represents a differing fraction of one’s life depending on age, he becomes preoccupied with this “speeding up” of time as he grows older, and longs to reverse the process. In the meantime Peter grows, lives, ages. He becomes a celebrated entomologist, and through his work he stunningly stumbles upon a possible solution to his lifetime’s angst.

^tumblr must love that.

monetbywho.jpg

tumblr is also the reason i cannot figure out who is responsible for this image. also the reason it is in front of me now, so whatever. i think i've seen stuff by this artist. not monet, but whoever cropped it and taped the the text.

the animation in that short is awesome, Asclepius. my headache won't permit for audio at the moment, but i've saved it to my vimeo account.

Last edited:
^It's kind of amazing the work and skill put into T.E.M.S..; as well as the concept. ;) Hope the headache cleared up soon for you Hydro. <3

....BTW is that not a Pissaro painting(the original)?

Last edited:
a9u1af.jpg

chris fulkerson - white nebula

2z8yryt.jpg

Y?
its right there

4rozv5.jpg

The runway, is in your head

Last edited by a moderator: