• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

^They are incredible. Poignant and incredibly beautiful. Really <3 the first one under the nsfw tag.

Francoise Gamma
MYSTIC arrugarseFLs(not sure if that's the exact title)

NSFW:
01___MYSTIC_arrugarseFLs.gif

Artist unknown
tumblr_ltkr2uHHnJ1r5691eo1_400.gif

Jeff Huntington~

Tangle
rCf4FQuf5ga_KFlt.jpg

Altered Egos
7Vka7ked.jpg

Vague Magazine Won't post; here is the link.

Last edited:
There's a street artist named C215 whose stencil art I really admire

c215-9.jpg

lots of his art can be found by googling. I have no idea how he does them but it's a lot of detail for stencils and looks like lino art which I love

^OMG Stunning! :D

Genesi by Abstract Birds
(excerpts from an audiovisual show)

Both the music and the visuals are generated in realtime using the input of two electric instruments (a wind instrument and a piano).
Genesi tells the life of an abstract organism from birth, through its various stages of development, until its death.
The thematic of the show is life as ordering principle in its many manifestations.
The journey of this life allows the reminiscence of archetypal symbols that affect us as living beings.

<3

I have no idea how he does them but it's a lot of detail for stencils and looks like lino art which I love

Looks like a basic three-layer stencil to me. He just uses a ton of bridges to get all the detail. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing and prbly took him a long time to create, but the process itself is fairly simple. The creativity behind it, however, is not. :)

Shout out to Logan Hicks! One of my inspirations when I first started.

Cool! Thanks for droppin knowledge! I used to make lame-o stencils with a friend who went on to help develop a 3D printer and he says those things can make some incredibly detailed stencils out of images fast hehehe. Sure beats trying to work with a boxcutter!

Today I share a video clip because it's got cool light painting in it. And a mellow beat to max to %)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0KOh5NA6wo

NSFW:
tumblr_m5i7o97TwF1rv7pz1o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5imtjIf9p1rv7pz1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5imtjIf9p1rv7pz1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5i7o97TwF1rv7pz1o3_500.png

tumblr_m5i7o97TwF1rv7pz1o1_500.png

Robert Montgomery

No explanation necessary.

Last edited:
Salvador Dali

I'm not really sure why, but I've been really interested in this artist for a pretty long while now. The first piece from him which I saw was while in primary school, titled "The persistence of memory". I thought it was pretty cool so later on in life I made something similar to the melting clocks: a strawberry with a clock as a face being distorted by a whirling warp moving in a circular motion towards the center. Took me like 5 minuites, so nothing serious. I dare not post it here because I'd be banned from BL due to how badly it was drawn.

It's not like I'm fond of all the paintings he did, though, but some of them are astounding like the images below. Tbh, I don't understand them unless I read some analysis stuff, but they still manage to speak to my subconcious mind about stuff I can relate to, that I can nod and agree to. Yet some of his art really haunts my mind, others just serve as eye candy. It's kind of bothering his pictures are pretty much all influenced by his childhood. He picks elements from nature to traumatic events in his life, nature being the catalan landscapes and traumas grasshoppers, female genitalia etc.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if trauma is the biggest influence of his art. That would explain the disturbing look of his most paintings. It's as if he is fixed about these, that he just won't let go. Maybe because he finds it pleasurable, showing some traits of either masochism or sadomasochism.

My view of and opinion about Dali is very contradictionary. I get annoyed when people speak highly of him, but I also get a bit mad if people degrade him. I find myself content when there is a balance between the two, simply showing respect to this interesting man. I don't really show respect to him, but yet I kinda do. Really, it simply is that I like him as much as I hate him. If you are interested in knowing how he was like (I'm not really sure, he was pretty much a fulltime actor throughout his lifetime to get as much attention as possible) then there is an excellent interview. It consists of 8 parts, and I'll post the first one of the series here. I think this pretty much is Dali unmasked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGKKyTKVWbY&feature=related

Now for some of the Dali pics that I like
salvador-dali-metamorphosis-of-narcissus1.jpg

"Metamorphosis of Narcissus". I currently like this one the most. Kinda makes sense, lol, hence the title.

dali.jpg

This one differs from his usual paintings. It shows some... goodness? in it

Salvador%20Dali%20-%20The%20Disintegration%20of%20Persistence%20of%20Memory%201952-54%20.JPG

The image right here is a representation of his "Nuclear Mysticism" philosophy.

dali-art-salvador-dali1.jpg

And finally this one is the most famous of his paintings, "The persistence of time", which I thought was a nifty painting as a kid.
the_persistence_of_memory_1931_salvador_dali.jpg

What is your opinions, views, about Salvador Dali? What kind of people likes this dude? I really want to know, so please contribute.