• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

this thread always beings tears to my eyes. :( r.i.p to all of those lost.

Amazing thread. A thread so unnerving, but so appropriate, and even moreso, necessary, for purposes of harm reduction. My condolences to the friends and families of the loved ones lost.

My best friend died 10 years ago this month and I want to tell you what happened.
He was addicted to heroine from middle school, Yes middle school.
He never stopped and would shoot ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
I begged him to get help, or at least to not shoot up. It's SO dangerous and if it's too much it's TOO LATE once you use it. You can't vomit it up you can't do ANYTHING.
And he never would stop, his arms and legs whatever veins he had were ruined becuase of this nightmare. I begged him one time and we had a huge fight and I couldn't find him for days.
I finally found him and he had some new stuff he wanted to try.
I asked him not to, just this once to please NOT try it.
He didn't listen.
He said he wasn't and I found him in the bathroom on the floor with the fucking needle STILL in his arm. The fucking piece of shit thing that KILLED my best friend.
I HATE needles to this day, ANY time I even have to have blood drawn I freak out and cry. No one knows why I just have to make up a story that I had a bad experience as a kid.
If they knew the real reason they'd freak out.
I lost my best friend to drugs. to SHOOTING up drugs, all for some STUPID HIGH.
PLEASE I beg of you ALL OF YOU THAT SHOOT UP ANY DRUGS.
PLEASE STOP DOING IT!
STOP!
it's NOT worth it! It's DANGEROUS.
SO DAMN DANGEROUS.
Imagine having to PUNCH your friend in the chest as hard as you can, and the paramedics arriving and trying to resussitate your best friend and they're GONE because they HAD to have JUST ONE MORE HIT!
Is it worth it?!
Is that high worth losing your best friend? The love of your life? Your sister? Your brother? Your Mother? Father? Friends? Anyone at ALL?
WHY?!
Sit and ask yourself WHY you HAVE to SHOOT up drugs!
I'm asking you begging you ask someone who lost their best friend to this in their own arms LOST THEM because the drugs became more important than ANYTHING ELSE.
PLEASE
Ask yourself WHY you HAVE TO shoot up!
It's NOT worth it.
You'll die.
YOU WILL DIE.
I've lost a LOT of people and every year I cry my eyes out and wish I could have done something to get through to them, or that they could've just stopped and thought about it for a minute before they took that last hit that took their life.
PLEASE STOP SHOOTING UP DRUGS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Think of whomever you love and imagine they have to hold your cold limp body in their arms crying and shaking you desperately to wake up.
SAVE YOUR LIFE and THROW OUT EVERY SINGLE SYRINGE YOU HAVE DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!!
I don't care if you hate my post I PROMISED my friend that I would tell people EVERY year what happened and would try and save at least ONE user.
PLEASE
Throw them away don't do it anymore.
It will kill you.
It will, the last thing my best friend said to me was he should've listened to me that night.
Please don't let this happen to you please!
I'll forever be reminded of the last time I saw my best friend with his whole body going limp in my arms and tears down his face begging me to save him.
And I couldn't it was too late, the drugs fucking killed him.
I'll always hate heroine I'll ALWAYS hate shooting up drugs. It's a murderer in disguise.
I'll always love my best friend Will who never got to be a rock star like he wanted never got to get anywhere he wanted to, never got to get married, never got to have kids he wanted to have, never got to go to his prom, never got to be the person he wanted to be. But he'll always be that person to me even though he's not longer here.
Save your best friend save yourself please if you can't get yourself or someone you love or care about to quit abusing drugs at least make them stop shooting up drugs. The effects are too dangerous.
I'm sorry if this post upset you but I have to reach someone even if it's by shocking them to stop them.
In memory of Will, you're always in my heart.
<3

I was so afraid, going through here, seeing every picture that it would be someone I loved. My heart goes out to EVERY person who has lost someone close to them. The responses about "Even beautiful people die," had me a bit floored though. EVERYONE is beautiful. That is all there is to it. Perhaps it is this division that we place on society that leads to much of the stress in people's lives as it is.

So many good people have passed. Drugs are both great and terrible. Peace for those who've passed, fond memories and comfort for those who are left. My condolences to all of you who have lost someone...

i used to pray for the day i'd leave this place/
were i stayed i couldn't wait i needed space/
my own head, worst enemy/
my lone friend, it got the best of me/
so i let my thoughts subside the noise died down/
got tired of myself liven in this ghost town/
and then i met you someone on my wavelength/
ya know the type a person that skips the cracks on the pavement/
not the normal type but someone i can relate to/
maybe cos we both walked a mile in the same shoes/
he shook my hand with a smile and said his name was andrew/

the years past and so did the distance/
so many stories gone by all worth the reminiscin/
sideways doin 85 i swear by a thread i was kept alive/
but you let yourself get swept with the tide/
i still remember the day you died/
from the front to the back of my mind/
it was a gift knowing you a present i'll keep forever/
i know when the clouds gather you were prepared for the weather/
but this time was different you found a different path/
my one regret is we didn't get to share the last laugh/
so on the days i remember my flag will always be at half mast/
cos lookin past the looking glass inside myself you never did depart/
i love you man one day we'll have that last beer together/
until then keep em cold and watch over me forever.

r.i.p andy. gone to soon mate.

The thunder rolls
And the lightnin' strikes.
Another love grows cold
On a sleepless night,
As the storm blows on
Out of control
Deep in her heart
The thunder rolls.

(i'd only ever listen to garth brooks for you mate)

Last edited:
good thread just found this. I had a friend who had a severe cocaine addiction, on top of his life crumbling away... he decided to kill himself after he blew an eigthball. It was heartbreaking for everyone that knew him. he was such a good person and was one of the most people u just will never forget

148669_172732476088351_100000547988918_484384_1559967_n.jpg

Rest in peace Zachary November 27, 1991-April 18th, 2011

I've known you since I was twelve years old and you were fifteen. I have been in love with you sense then, well I still am in love with you. Like you said people change but my feelings for you will never change. That quote right there will always remain true. You were the first guy I ever loved and honestly I believe you were my true love. We were suppose to be with each other until we grew old and into the afterlife. We were suppose to take our things and get away from everyone and everything and start over. I knew how bad you wanted to be clean but it wasn't going to be possible if you stuck around where you were living....I wish I could have gotten you out in time. I wish I could have had that little baby boy named Optimus Prime (hahahah) when we were older. Who would have a tattoo sleeve by age seven and would be in MMA just like his father. It's just so sad that all of those things can't happen now. My whole world got flipped upside down when I found out you died.... I was going on your facebook to apologize for not talking as much and then I see rest in peace.. My heart sank. It just couldn't be true. I still can't accept that you're gone. You had so much more to give and so much more to do. This right here can't even explain half of the things I feel when I'm here without you. I love and miss you so fucking much that it makes me sick. My heart literally aches when I am here without you....you told me I was one of the only people you would die for. You treated me with so much respect and love. You were the reason I woke up every single fucking day....now you're gone and I want to die. Yet, I'm going to try as hard as I can to live because it's all for you. You will always be in my heart and I will never forget about you... All the memories we shared. When you were the kid addicted to pie and use to pretend you were smoking in your pictures but in all actuality you had a cheeto in your mouth. Ugh how it sucks that my best friend and the love of my life is gone... I would of given up my life in an instant for you.. I would do anything if possible for you to be back here. I know you're still around and I talk to you every night. I know you can hear me it's just I wish I could hear you... Again I love you Zachary and if I ever have a boy in the future...I'm going to give him your middle name.

My best friend died 10 years ago this month and I want to tell you what happened.
He was addicted to heroine from middle school, Yes middle school.
He never stopped and would shoot ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
I begged him to get help, or at least to not shoot up. It's SO dangerous and if it's too much it's TOO LATE once you use it. You can't vomit it up you can't do ANYTHING.
And he never would stop, his arms and legs whatever veins he had were ruined becuase of this nightmare. I begged him one time and we had a huge fight and I couldn't find him for days.
I finally found him and he had some new stuff he wanted to try.
I asked him not to, just this once to please NOT try it.
He didn't listen.
He said he wasn't and I found him in the bathroom on the floor with the fucking needle STILL in his arm. The fucking piece of shit thing that KILLED my best friend.
I HATE needles to this day, ANY time I even have to have blood drawn I freak out and cry. No one knows why I just have to make up a story that I had a bad experience as a kid.
If they knew the real reason they'd freak out.
I lost my best friend to drugs. to SHOOTING up drugs, all for some STUPID HIGH.
PLEASE I beg of you ALL OF YOU THAT SHOOT UP ANY DRUGS.
PLEASE STOP DOING IT!
STOP!
it's NOT worth it! It's DANGEROUS.
SO DAMN DANGEROUS.
Imagine having to PUNCH your friend in the chest as hard as you can, and the paramedics arriving and trying to resussitate your best friend and they're GONE because they HAD to have JUST ONE MORE HIT!
Is it worth it?!
Is that high worth losing your best friend? The love of your life? Your sister? Your brother? Your Mother? Father? Friends? Anyone at ALL?
WHY?!
Sit and ask yourself WHY you HAVE to SHOOT up drugs!
I'm asking you begging you ask someone who lost their best friend to this in their own arms LOST THEM because the drugs became more important than ANYTHING ELSE.
PLEASE
Ask yourself WHY you HAVE TO shoot up!
It's NOT worth it.
You'll die.
YOU WILL DIE.
I've lost a LOT of people and every year I cry my eyes out and wish I could have done something to get through to them, or that they could've just stopped and thought about it for a minute before they took that last hit that took their life.
PLEASE STOP SHOOTING UP DRUGS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Think of whomever you love and imagine they have to hold your cold limp body in their arms crying and shaking you desperately to wake up.
SAVE YOUR LIFE and THROW OUT EVERY SINGLE SYRINGE YOU HAVE DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!!
I don't care if you hate my post I PROMISED my friend that I would tell people EVERY year what happened and would try and save at least ONE user.
PLEASE
Throw them away don't do it anymore.
It will kill you.
It will, the last thing my best friend said to me was he should've listened to me that night.
Please don't let this happen to you please!
I'll forever be reminded of the last time I saw my best friend with his whole body going limp in my arms and tears down his face begging me to save him.
And I couldn't it was too late, the drugs fucking killed him.
I'll always hate heroine I'll ALWAYS hate shooting up drugs. It's a murderer in disguise.
I'll always love my best friend Will who never got to be a rock star like he wanted never got to get anywhere he wanted to, never got to get married, never got to have kids he wanted to have, never got to go to his prom, never got to be the person he wanted to be. But he'll always be that person to me even though he's not longer here.
Save your best friend save yourself please if you can't get yourself or someone you love or care about to quit abusing drugs at least make them stop shooting up drugs. The effects are too dangerous.
I'm sorry if this post upset you but I have to reach someone even if it's by shocking them to stop them.
In memory of Will, you're always in my heart.
<3

thank you for sharing this. i just registered to see some of the effects of drugs.

i cried my eyes out. i've literally had to save my father a dozen times from death by overdose by myself. it's a feeling of gut-wrenching, hopeless despair that has unwoven me over the years.

i find myself dabbling in minor drugs, not having the time or money to afford anything hardcore, and forgetting the misery i went through. your post about your friend (and i truly am sorry for your loss) filled me with guilt and sadness because i know my sisters and mother would be crushed without me, even my father despite his problems.

at times i've just wanted out - truly, whether by means of drugs or death. my family has burdened me with lofty expectations that i fear i won't be able to reach, or at least won't be able to reach quickly enough. but your message was sincere and touching and reminded me that some people really do care.

my best regards to you

ugh. Good god I don't think a thread has ever made me as depressed as I am now. I feel so bad for people who have addictions. Especially those who need to inject a needle in themselves to feel anything. All of my prayers and positive thoughts will go to all of these poor lost souls as well as for all of the people who suffer in their loss. I couldn't even imagine. D:

^ well t/y then , although i see lots of <3's & and hardly any- :(

SimplyAshley20
will go to all of these poor lost souls as well as for all of the people who suffer in their loss. I couldn't even imagine

this is not a show of lost souls - this how they/we all carry on, in love not at all out 0f.

Life Love & Light

<3

I've saved a couple friends in my life, and to this point have been lucky not to lose one. Unfortunately I know luck must, and will, run out eventually. Sorry to everyone who has already lost someone - if something like this doesn't make you think strongly about your own usage I don't know what will.

148669_172732476088351_100000547988918_484384_1559967_n.jpg

Rest in peace Zachary November 27, 1991-April 18th, 2011

I've known you since I was twelve years old and you were fifteen. I have been in love with you sense then, well I still am in love with you. Like you said people change but my feelings for you will never change. That quote right there will always remain true. You were the first guy I ever loved and honestly I believe you were my true love. We were suppose to be with each other until we grew old and into the afterlife. We were suppose to take our things and get away from everyone and everything and start over. I knew how bad you wanted to be clean but it wasn't going to be possible if you stuck around where you were living....I wish I could have gotten you out in time. I wish I could have had that little baby boy named Optimus Prime (hahahah) when we were older. Who would have a tattoo sleeve by age seven and would be in MMA just like his father. It's just so sad that all of those things can't happen now. My whole world got flipped upside down when I found out you died.... I was going on your facebook to apologize for not talking as much and then I see rest in peace.. My heart sank. It just couldn't be true. I still can't accept that you're gone. You had so much more to give and so much more to do. This right here can't even explain half of the things I feel when I'm here without you. I love and miss you so fucking much that it makes me sick. My heart literally aches when I am here without you....you told me I was one of the only people you would die for. You treated me with so much respect and love. You were the reason I woke up every single fucking day....now you're gone and I want to die. Yet, I'm going to try as hard as I can to live because it's all for you. You will always be in my heart and I will never forget about you... All the memories we shared. When you were the kid addicted to pie and use to pretend you were smoking in your pictures but in all actuality you had a cheeto in your mouth. Ugh how it sucks that my best friend and the love of my life is gone... I would of given up my life in an instant for you.. I would do anything if possible for you to be back here. I know you're still around and I talk to you every night. I know you can hear me it's just I wish I could hear you... Again I love you Zachary and if I ever have a boy in the future...I'm going to give him your middle name.

This was my boyfriend....decided to keep this account instead. Any ways I am doing better now but my heart still aches. Sometimes I think I've accepted you're gone but other times I know I'm just lying to myself. I miss you....I can still feel your presence here but I miss your touch. You'll always be in my heart Zachary, love you always.

Another year has passed, and I wanted to post in here for my husband Dana, who died in 1998 to an overdose of methodone. I also wanted to give my respects to my best friend Joe who passed two years ago to an overdose on Xanaxs and loratabs. I also wanted to give my respects to Piere who overdosed three years ago to an overdose. :|
Please everyone be careful this year. So many new and old drugs so many risks. Don't have your picture in this thread. :(

^ All my misfortunes and loses. I am so lost. I wished they could just breath into me and give me my life back. That unfortunately will never happen so I am on my own yet again. It just fucking sucks everyway you see it. :|

I think this thread has real harm reduction value, and it is a touching memory.

n10224486_32552345_9418.jpg

3 of these 4 are dead.
Jesse G. died only months after our highschool graduation. Percocet OD.
Ryan R. died about a year after graduation. Percocet OD.
Ryan W. died about a year and a half after graduation. Poly-substance driving while intoxicated accident. He also killed 3 people.

J.D. ate her service revolver after struggling with substance abuse and depression.
Gavin R. died of complications from shooting heroin (not an OD, way gnarlier than that)
James S. was shot in the head picking up Heroin in the ghetto.
Danny L. died drinking and driving.
John H. steered his pickup truck into a bridge abutment, killing himself after relapsing on alcohol.

I wish I had pictures to remember most of these people by. There are memories, though.

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses on this thread.

It's really scary to see how many of these are due to opiates and benzo's, two things I'm currently prescribed (Suboxone and xanax). I don't abuse them at all, I take them as prescribed... sometimes less... but it's still scary because that wasn't always the case. I tried jumping off Subs two weeks ago, couldn't handle the w/d's... popped a few Vicodin to try and even things out (about 25 over the course of a week... seems like a lot, but I say few because at the height of my addiction I'd take 25 in a day). Anyway, they weren't helping my withdrawals much, my doctor's office was closed, he told me to go to the hospital to see what they could do to help me with my withdrawals. I did NOT WANT to go to the hospital... but luckily my parents basically forced me into the car and drove me there. Once I'm there... surprise! A few hours later, a nurse comes around the corner panicking like fuck and asking me "How much tylenol have you taken?" She told me I had overdosed on tylenol and that my toxicity level was too high (80-something) and that I needed to go to the ICU for the next three days. They told me they didn't even know if I was going to die or not, that it was too soon to tell. I was utterly confused. No idea what came over me, but I detached myself from the things I was attached to and bailed out of the hospital and tried to walk home... I guess I just kind of panicked, I couldn't understand how this was happening because I felt FINE (aside from wd's) and I couldn't fathom that I OD'ed on such a small dose tylenol compared to what I'd taken before... and I was scared shitless that there was a real possibility I was days away from dying of liver failure, which I've heard is excruciating. But I was picked up by a medic and two security guards, they went looking for me... and then I got to spend some time in the ICU, drinking some sort of nasty liquid that tasted like rotten eggs every few hours. They said if I hadn't gone to the hospital that day, I'd have died. I'm not kidding, that experience completely changed my life and I will not go near ANYTHING containing tylenol EVER again in my life... fuck that. I'm back on the Subs, they put me back on so I wouldn't take anymore Vicodin (which wouldn't have been a problem trust me)... but next time I jump off, I'm sticking it out. I can deal with a few weeks of withdrawals... I can't deal with dying of liver failure, one of the most painful deaths possible, and leaving my family and friends behind... fuck that.

I don't know why I just went off on a tangent right now, sorry. I haven't talked to anyone about it, I don't think anyone realizes exactly how much that experience impacted me. All I can say is, having looked a possible overdose in the face... and one that would not have been quick and painless, but slow and excruciating... it seriously made me think twice about a lot of things. It scared the shit out of me, still does a little bit. I'm glad I survived, but it just blows my mind that something like tylenol that's sold OTC can do so much damage.

Anyway... recognition is in order for those who weren't as lucky as I was.
R.I.P. Jerry L. 7/4/09- passenger in a vehicle where the driver was drunk... they were on vacation in Alaska, swerved to hit a moose, lost complete control of the vehicle. All 5 people in the vehicle lost their lives. Miss you, Jer <3
R.I.P. April- victim of a drunk driving incident; driver ran a red light going 90 and hit the driver's side head on (it was also the driver's third DUI, she was only 20... she's now locked up for life on murder charges, YAY FOR JUSTICE). I didn't know April personally, but she was my friend's girlfriend and they were going to get married... can't even begin to explain how much her death affected him and still does to this day.

I don't know anyone who has died from a drug overdose directly. But my friend just had a friend pass away from an OD a week before I went to the ICU for my (completely accidental) tylenol overdose. My experience, and seeing how it was affecting my parents and brother even though I wasn't even dead just a possibility that I would be, on top of reading every single post on this forum makes me so sad for him. He's one of those types of people who won't let on how much his friend's death is affecting him, but now I realize it's probably killing him inside. Hopefully I'll see him tomorrow, cause seriously I just want to give him like the biggest hug ever now. I haven't even known him for long, but after reading this entire thread and seeing how much it affects people, I really just want to make him feel better and tell him that everything is going to be okay.

Sorry for the long post, I guess I just have a lot to say about this. My condolences go out to every single one of you who have lost a loved one to drugs or alcohol. And to those who have lost their lives, may you all Rest In Peace. <3

EDIT: Also, R.I.P. ektamine, fellow BL'er.
Also, pictures of these people are all linked to private Facebook accounts, so I can't post them, sorry. But they were all beautiful :(

wow havnt sobbed like that in a long time. deply moving thread. its a shame how many lives opiates have taken. im glad one of my best friends got off them before anything happened. still i worry though. RIP to all those on this thread its really sad seeing how young so many are.

i knew i shouldn't have looked at this because it made me cry. i'm fortunate enough to haven't lost anyone to drug use yet - but i know a few that unfortunately are on their way. i'm so sorry for everyone's losses. :(