• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seeds withdrawl

Om25

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,
I am thinking of quitting poppy seed after a year of regular use. I am making 200gram* 3 times a day for a year now. If I miss a day the next day will be sleepless night with restless dull pain in my leg. I read IMGOLLUM post earlier which motivated me to get off of it. How long the withdrawl gonna last guys? I am thinking of going clean from now, please help guys

Used to get some restlessness and depressed mood even some flu like symptoms on couple occasions, which seem to go away after 2 or 3 days. They weren't all that severe, I may be feeling like this now and then, suddenly I feel completely fine again.

Don't trust me on this though, because as I am stating this, I am starting to seriously doubt for myself if what I am saying here is true, because tea does absolutely nothing for me anymore, even in higher amounts. It seemed to have some effects the first couple of times a had it, but now I assume that I have been imagining it all as there is no noticeable effects from it, there's not much I could suggest.

Poppy pod or seed withdrawal starts late and takes a long to end. I would guess 10 days to a week of acute withdrawals followed by months of PAWS. It won't be as intense as H withdrawal but it will still be quite bad. I suggest you to taper down for a couple weeks if you can instead of going cold turkey from your current use. Don't forget to search on BL for comfort medications (Immodium, Clonidine, a long acting benzo, Zofran, Pregabalin/ Gabapentin, Requip, Hydroxyzine, an indica strain weed which doesn't work for everybody but worth trying, ...) which will help you suffer considerably less. Good luck.

Thanks #knowsnotwhatitmean
It’s 10:15pm here now last one I had was last night 3 am (50gram) as I couldn’t sleep because of my restless leg. But now I feel fine. I had some acute withdrawals this arvo but it’s gone after I took some Panadol and some magnesium for my leg. I am hoping tomorrow gonna be fine. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks KS78
It’s been as a year as I told earlier and I have never skipped more than a day which ended up with a bad flu like symptom and restless dull pain in the leg. Hopefully this is it. I am hoping tomorrow tonight of good sleep and tomorrow a fresh day. Thanks again for the suggestion. If you guys don’t mind asking how you guys used to make poppy tea? I basically fill poppy seed in a bottle (200grams) and fill it up with water and shake it for couple of min and strain it and repeat again. That was all I never soaked it for overnight or anything. And also I only got high once or twice and after that it was only for the comfort.

It’s been around 19 hours of cold turkey
As KS78 said, it should be seriously considered that the true withdrawal might not start manifesting fully before 3-4 days mark, so if one is feeling fine within that time he shouldn't automatically assume that it's done and that it's not going to get worse possibly.

Hopefully you will find it manageable, I wish you good luck, definitely keep us updated!

Thanks KS78
It’s been as a year as I told earlier and I have never skipped more than a day which ended up with a bad flu like symptom and restless dull pain in the leg. Hopefully this is it. I am hoping tomorrow tonight of good sleep and tomorrow a fresh day. Thanks again for the suggestion. If you guys don’t mind asking how you guys used to make poppy tea? I basically fill poppy seed in a bottle (200grams) and fill it up with water and shake it for couple of min and strain it and repeat again. That was all I never soaked it for overnight or anything. And also I only got high once or twice and after that it was only for the comfort.
I started with 200 g, shook it in the bottle and drank it, it did have some nice effects, but ofc I found out very quickly that it was not satisfying enough, then I tried cooking it or using boiled water, which gave me some good effects again, which I felt were much stronger, but only for a couple of times until doing a double dose did absolutely nothing and so on.

I can testify that other OTC medication is more effective than poppy seed tea as a painkiller in the first place, although I would recommend seeing a doctor regarding your leg.

Last edited:
Thanks mate,
Thanks for your suggestion and concern. I never made more than 200 g and that was just straining. But last night after 3am I couldn’t sleep because of my leg(wasn’t the worse feeling) and I did some squating until my leg went numb and I could barely stand up. This is 9am in the morning I can feel pain in my wedgies. But I feel normal. I just want to get off of it because I can’t travel. That sucks.
so Are you still drinking poppy tea Mate? If not how long it took you to get off of it?
Thanks guys I will keep you posted mate

Thanks mate,
Thanks for your suggestion and concern. I never made more than 200 g and that was just straining. But last night after 3am I couldn’t sleep because of my leg(wasn’t the worse feeling) and I did some squating until my leg went numb and I could barely stand up. This is 9am in the morning I can feel pain in my wedgies. But I feel normal. I just want to get off of it because I can’t travel. That sucks.
so Are you still drinking poppy tea Mate? If not how long it took you to get off of it?
Thanks guys I will keep you posted mate
Yeah I'm still drinking it, just because I have it around. So not much of a real advice that I could give you for sure. As far as withdrawal, I never made it past day 4, that's why I say that what KS78 said should be considered as a fact because I cannot give you any better of an advice myself.

Yeah I'm still drinking it, just because I have it around. So not much of a real advice that I could give you for sure. As far as withdrawal, I never made it past day 4, that's why I say that what KS78 said should be considered as a fact because I cannot give you any better of an advice myself.
Thanks man. I have some of those medication mentioned by #KS78. So far I am doing alright. Let’s see and hope I will be fine. So far you guys been really good help. Thanks mate. I will keep you posted.

Thanks man. I have some of those medication mentioned by #KS78. So far I am doing alright. Let’s see and hope I will be fine. So far you guys been really good help. Thanks mate. I will keep you posted.

hows it going brother? Still going strong? Thankfully you were not on a crazy dose but with potent seeds nonetheless you’re looking at around 5-7 days of discomfort. Let me know how you’re doing I’ll do the best I can to help - I’ve quit Suboxone, heroin and OxyContin in my past.
Just remember this is all temporary pain for your life back my friend.

Y
hows it going brother? Still going strong? Thankfully you were not on a crazy dose but with potent seeds nonetheless you’re looking at around 5-7 days of discomfort. Let me know how you’re doing I’ll do the best I can to help - I’ve quit Suboxone, heroin and OxyContin in my past.
Just remember this is all temporary pain for your life back my friend.
yeah doing alright. But at night the dull pain in the leg is so uncomfortable And throughout the day slight weakness apart from that it’s going good. Thanks mate. It’s 11:30pm here just about to go to sleep with restless leg. I can’t wait it to finish. I knowI guess this pain is worth it for the good days ahead. Iam so glad I found this page which is keeping me pushing every hour. And thank you for the good comment. I will keep you posted. And Is there anything I can get at pharmacy just for the leg? Night night

Requip (Ropinirole) is an effective RLS medication which is used often during opiate withdrawal and I think that it's OTC.

Requip (Ropinirole) is an effective RLS medication which is used often during opiate withdrawal and I think that it's OTC.
Thanks mate. This bloody legs are so annoying. I couldn’t sleep before 3 am. But I woke up fine except the pain in the groin by the squat. Thanks again mate. Let’s see if I get that at pharmacy and see how it goes tonight. I will keep you guys informed. Hopefully this arvo goes alright

Thanks mate. This bloody legs are so annoying. I couldn’t sleep before 3 am. But I woke up fine except the pain in the groin by the squat. Thanks again mate. Let’s see if I get that at pharmacy and see how it goes tonight. I will keep you guys informed. Hopefully this arvo goes alright

the restless legs are by far the worst opiate withdrawal symptom, no question. It usually goes away by day 5 or 6. Things like benzos or gabapentin May help with this, but not much can truly make it disappear. There are studies potassium deficiency are the cause, but sadly it’s a part of opioid withdrawal.

One time a really cool staff member ata rehab said to me, I came out to him so angry at 4 AM saying what the fuck man I can’t sleep I can’t do this I can’t not sleep 7 days straight I’m going crazy and idk why what he said was so profound to me but he said,

“Why not just accept the fact that chances are you’re not gonna sleep? This is a known thing. It’s likely you WONT sleep, but if you realize it’s because your body is quitting powerful drugs and just get past the mindset of being angry at the fact you can’t sleep, maybe just turn the light on and do something.. idk why but at the time that shit really helped me through that place. May sound dumb but it’s true really,

stay strong brotha

Sorry to hear your struggles. To think a fuckn delightful tea can get u ...invade your self worth and drag you through hell. TBH you will be going through a torturous nightmare. If possible switch or taper off using norco type of pain pill. NO no Benzos they will eat alive as well. From what i heard the P tea is a very lingering Demon. Good luck to you. This is what they want foggy brains.