• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

im def starting to feel the effects. So far it is very similar to morphine. i feel very warm all over and super relaxed. I didnt drink it all but i think im about to finish it. no euphoria yet but def a great feeling.

So is there a "High" similar to an opiate high associated with this poppy seed tea??? I'm intrigued....

Umm HECK yeah! Just make sure you buy the seeds from a store that sells in bulk...those aren't washed, (taking away the good stuff). I was truly shocked as hell at the buzz I got off of them. My recipe is above and it worked quite well and didn't taste bad at all.

I can't believe how long the high lasted. I drank the tea yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon and was still feeling it at 4 in the morning when i went to bed. this stuff is awesome. just wish i had discovered it sooner.

Pst - the smelly aftermath

So what do you guys usually do AFTER you finish washing your seeds and make tea? I use the 2 liter plastic bottle method and man, cleaning the seeds out that thing is a pain in the ass.

But if you let it sit for more than a few days, holy jesus, THAT SMELL! It's the worst "rotten trash" smell on god's green earth, enough to make a homeless dog want to vomit.

I left a CLOSED BOTTLE of used seeds sit for a week and even THROUGH THE PLASTIC the smell began to invade the house.

Thing is, you can re-use the plastic bottle a whole bunch of times, so I'm wondering what tricks people have come up with to get the seeds out.

Shaking the bottle over the trash seems to work best, but the problem is if you try to it right after washing, it's still too wet and sticky to get them out... and if you wait a few days for them to dry out a bit, that damn smell is overpowering!

So what do you guys usually do AFTER you finish washing your seeds and make tea? I use the 2 liter plastic bottle method and man, cleaning the seeds out that thing is a pain in the ass.

But if you let it sit for more than a few days, holy jesus, THAT SMELL! It's the worst "rotten trash" smell on god's green earth, enough to make a homeless dog want to vomit.

I left a CLOSED BOTTLE of used seeds sit for a week and even THROUGH THE PLASTIC the smell began to invade the house.

Thing is, you can re-use the plastic bottle a whole bunch of times, so I'm wondering what tricks people have come up with to get the seeds out.

Shaking the bottle over the trash seems to work best, but the problem is if you try to it right after washing, it's still too wet and sticky to get them out... and if you wait a few days for them to dry out a bit, that damn smell is overpowering!

Ever heard of a refrigerator? If you can't keep it there because you don't want your spouse or parents to know or whatever a cooler will work.

I would just wash the seeds twice in a row and then combine the mixture. Anything after two washes is pretty much a waste.

Actually I usually do four washes per batch and still get "usable" results. It's after the 4th wash, when I want to get rid of the seeds, that things start to get messy!

so i can't find it anywhere.. cold or hot water for the tea?

I don't think it matters at all. I always used cold tap water.

And dextermeth advises to let the seeds sit for 5 minutes. Although this probably isn't a long enough time to be detrimental, in my experience it is generally not a good idea to let your seeds sit and soak after or before shaking them. After a while, the seeds will start to absorb the water and, I suspect, the alkaloids too. I've tried making a second batch of tea both immediately after shaking up the first batch and up to several hours later, after I've let them sit. I've found that the second batch is definitely stronger when made immediately, as opposed to letting the seeds soak.

So is there a "High" similar to an opiate high associated with this poppy seed tea??? I'm intrigued....

If you read through the thread, you'll probably find all of the answers to any common questions you might have. And yes, it's definitely a similar "High" to other opiates. In fact, there's no need to put quotes around the word "High", because to imply that a poppy seed tea buzz isn't genuine is just false. So, if you've ever taken morphine pills, you'll find that poppy seed tea provides a similar, if not identical, buzz.

Umm HECK yeah! Just make sure you buy the seeds from a store that sells in bulk...those aren't washed, (taking away the good stuff). I was truly shocked as hell at the buzz I got off of them. My recipe is above and it worked quite well and didn't taste bad at all.

And for any newbies who might be reading this and interested in trying it... buying bulk seeds in no way guarantees that they will be potent, but you'll definitely have a better chance than wasting exhorbitant amounts of money on the little 2 oz. jars. So, good luck finding any good bulk seeds. I haven't seen good seeds sold in bulk in about... oh, two years. Since the summer of '06.

I can't believe how long the high lasted. I drank the tea yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon and was still feeling it at 4 in the morning when i went to bed. this stuff is awesome. just wish i had discovered it sooner.

And yes, the buzz seems to last FOREVER. That's what's so great about it.

One thing I noticed reading through this thread is that no one seems to know about Saffron. SWIM makes seed tea with about 200 gs of seeds and then put about an 1/8 or 1/4 gram of saffron under his tongue. This potentiates the opiates in the tea by 100% to 200%. Try it, you will save a lot of money. Grapefruit or tagamet before the tea makes it last much longer too.

I know seeds are different in potency from batch to batch, but in general what could you compare the effects to other opiates?

This might be a little off topic, but has anyone else read something about boiling seed water to a goo? w/out seeds..they apparently labeled it as opium..I dont know how legit that could be

I know seeds are different in potency from batch to batch, but in general what could you compare the effects to other opiates?

This might be a little off topic, but has anyone else read something about boiling seed water to a goo? w/out seeds..they apparently labeled it as opium..I dont know how legit that could be

The first one has been answered about 10+ times in this thread, the second one has an entire thread on it. Happy searching :)

Where to purchase seeds?

Does anyone here have resources as to where to buy these seeds? Do you have to order them through the internet or do health stores carry them? Please feel free to send me a private message with this information in case I lose track of this thread. Thanks.

^Grocery store or healthfood store in the bulkbins. I don't know about ordering over the internet because if you're going that route you might as well just order pods instead.

Seeds have gotten extremely popular and the stores (or the provider of the seeds) are becoming hip to it and washing their seeds. I knew all these young kids asking about and trying poppy seeds would lead to it's downfall. Your last best bet would be to see if your area has a foreign market and hit that up.

Anyways this sounds close to sourcing so i'll shut up now.

i am frustrated right now because i went and bought like 400 grams of organic poppy seeds, then did the cold water soaking, filtered it, mixed with honey then drank it. nothing happened. why?! what did i do wrong? where should i look to find effective seeds?

if anyone could pm me with any advise it would be much appreciated

Not all seeds work well. Poppy seed tea is difficult to dose. Did you buy them in bulk or in packages containers?

If they are organic I would say they aren't papaver somniferum seeds (which is what you want). Reason being that producers who can legally grow papaver somniferum poppies use herbicides etc so they aren't organic. If you're buying them from an organic market I'd be willing to bet they're papaver rhoeas, grown to organic practices. Sorry :)

Last edited:
they were in jars. they just said organic poppy seeds. i was trying to see what kind they were but it didnt say. How can you be sure your getting Papaver Somniferum ???? will it say on the package/bottle or whatever?

Where do I get these poppy seeds. I went to a east indian health store and they had them but it seems like these would not work. They are more along the lines of the seeds that come on a bagel at dunkin donuts. Can someone help me out because I am dying to try this.

I went to a east indian health store and they had them but it seems like these would not work. They are more along the lines of the seeds that come on a bagel at dunkin donuts.

Oh, you mean the seeds that come on a bagel at dunkin donuts that have trace amounts of morphine on them?

I am not sure, do they. I have them, I picked up asome for a buck so it is not really a waste of money. I just don't want to do it if it is not going to work. I am going to order some spanish pods tomorrow if I can find them. No matter what I am ordering them no mater which kind they are. This seems like a great idea. I am sick of dealing with the characters involved in this game and would like to incorporate the tea in my life. So yes, they are just like those, if i do a batch will it work.