• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

Bummer - either my tolerance is too high - or the seeds were washed. I did 400 grams as instructed. I maybe feel some vague spacey feeling, but I'd get more from a codeing extraction form 25 x 8/300 codeine OTC tablets. Waste of money and disappointing.

Oh well....

When poppies are harvested for their alkaloids for the pharmaceutical market, the seeds are a extra source of income and are sold as well. The harvesting method accidentally causes the seeds to get coated in opium, this can then be rinsed off with water and consumed.

The best place to find seeds with opium residue is to look for the cheapest and largest quantities you can find, the good seeds are considered low grade and are sold in bulk for cheap. They will have a dark or brown color compared to expensive seed and will have a "spicey" smell. Places that sell grains and seeds in bulk, bakery or restaurant supply houses, or European groceries or delis are all good places to loo.

The seeds sold in groceries in small jars on the spice aisle are useless and expensive, many of them are grown specifically for seed and are therefore harvested late to avoid contamination. They will be the odor of straw and blueish in color. They are chosen by their cosmetic looks and are therefore useless.

When poppies are harvested for their alkaloids for the pharmaceutical market, the seeds are a extra source of income and are sold as well. The harvesting method accidentally causes the seeds to get coated in opium, this can then be rinsed off with water and consumed.

The best place to find seeds with opium residue is to look for the cheapest and largest quantities you can find, the good seeds are considered low grade and are sold in bulk for cheap. They will have a dark or brown color compared to expensive seed and will have a "spicey" smell. Places that sell grains and seeds in bulk, bakery or restaurant supply houses, or European groceries or delis are all good places to loo.

The seeds sold in groceries in small jars on the spice aisle are useless and expensive, many of them are grown specifically for seed and are therefore harvested late to avoid contamination. They will be the odor of straw and blueish in color. They are chosen by their cosmetic looks and are therefore useless.

Thanks :(( That was what I bought - big disappointment - but now I won't give up hope. Appreciate the info.

I am so glad to find your site. Trying this tea for the first time today...quitting vicodin use and it is not easy. Looking for a way to take the edge off that is not illegal or expensive. If this works,
I really don't see why more people aren't doing it. All that being said, I am also surprised at how many people are addicted to painkillers, too. My first question is- Can I make a large batch of tea and save some for the next day or so? Please answer asap. Again, you have my gratitude.

I was wondering how many people use a French press for their poppy seed or pod tea? and how much more liquid do you get or does it actually make that much of a difference?

I am so glad to find your site. Trying this tea for the first time today...quitting vicodin use and it is not easy. Looking for a way to take the edge off that is not illegal or expensive. If this works,
I really don't see why more people aren't doing it. All that being said, I am also surprised at how many people are addicted to painkillers, too. My first question is- Can I make a large batch of tea and save some for the next day or so? Please answer asap. Again, you have my gratitude.

First off, stick with pods over seeds. There are about a thousand reasons why. Trust me. Second, pod/seed tea does not keep well. You could probably get away with saving some in the fridge for the next day, but it is notorious for going bad quickly. This is one of the main reasons long time users switch to simply eating the raw grounds.

I was wondering how many people use a French press for their poppy seed or pod tea? and how much more liquid do you get or does it actually make that much of a difference?

I used to use a french press before switching to raw grounds. It's a good method, but not as good as a stovetop espresso maker IMO. It's much harder to squeeze the extra liquid out of the grounds with a french press than most people think. That said, it's a perfectly acceptable method.

I tried this last night with about 450g of seeds. More than 15hr later my pupils are still tiny. I had a complete loss of libido, my skin felt itchy, and I felt strong sedation. My bed felt pretty comfortable too.

However I didn't experience anything that great, I didn't exactly feel "good." Maybe it's because I'm a bit sick, but I'm not sure I even felt any pain killing effects, let alone any euphoria or a "high"

Perhaps the Australian supermarket seeds I tried have opiates on them which cause these side effects, but no pleasurable ones ala morphine?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok it's more than 24 hours later and my pupils are still tiny... this stuff lasts a while hey. I hope it doesn't finally wear off and I'm sicker than I was before

Hmmm I do some dumb things sometimes

Ive been reading about this for days, trying solutions and finding the outcomes then changing it up to try something new to try to flesh out the best way to make them, at least for my area.

My question is where could I purchase the dried pods? Ive heard you can buy them on Ebay but I havent searched yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, Im making a batch right now with 1 lemon and .28lb poppy seeds, not sure how many grams, I know I could figure it out but its not enough to be worth it. I doubt Ill get anything from this but we'll see.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, Im triple-extracting this batch of poppies.

Anyways, just drank half for the start of the day, I did take 3 hits of a boiled down batch to a smokable state. Im feeling pretty good now :) but its only been about 10 min or so from when I drank the PST. Around 12pm Ill be drinking the rest... depending on how the morning goes of course. Ill let you all know how it turns out!

2nd EDIT:
Got a decent 'pinch' of feeling, more than I expected so it worked out.

Another question I have is whether or not the smokable is bad for you to smoke?

From what Ive read theres extra chemicals or call it what you may with the alkaloids, all Ive read is that theyre irratating to some and have caused unpleasant experiences. However, Ive only had a good experience with this and seems much easier and more constant than the tea.

Last edited:
where the heck is the actual trip report? ;p

lol ill give u one. Once i took about.......300mg of poppy from a food lion. put it in lemonade,left it for a day after some shaking, drank it..........and didnt feel shit......it sucked. *end of report

na how much do i have to eat for real? i wanna try it again. i herd the whiter they are the more potent

how to weigh poppy seeds without a scale?

Hey, my friend has a broken scale and a bunch of poppy seeds, she wants to know how many ml's 300grams of poppy seeds would amount to? She is going to use a measuring cup instead of a scale. :)

Nice thread!

tolerence

this is cool. Is there a way to increase the potency of this for those of us who don't care about the high or the taste. can this be boiled down to a leathal dose or increased probability.:):):)

this is cool. Is there a way to increase the potency of this for those of us who don't care about the high or the taste. can this be boiled down to a leathal dose or increased probability.:):):)

lolwut? Are you trying to poison someone or something? Why would you be worried about increasing potency if you "don't care about the high"?

nooooo wow

sorry guess i can see that question tho. From what i understand you would have to know you were drinkin it by the taste lol. This is for personal consumtion. :):):)

OMG. SKIP THE WATER AND THE LEMON JUICE. JUST USE MILK.

Milk is perfect- it has colloidal fats in it that are nonpolar and can dissolve the freebase alkaloids out. You really expect lemon juice to make a salt out of morphine? HAHAHa please. 2 glasses of milk + half a glass of poppy seeds, let sit over night, shake, idk. Filter out seeds and drink the milk. It will be something. And don't boil or PH or anything, that's just retarded.

OMG. SKIP THE WATER AND THE LEMON JUICE. JUST USE MILK.

Milk is perfect- it has colloidal fats in it that are nonpolar and can dissolve the freebase alkaloids out. You really expect lemon juice to make a salt out of morphine? HAHAHa please. 2 glasses of milk + half a glass of poppy seeds, let sit over night, shake, idk. Filter out seeds and drink the milk. It will be something. And don't boil or PH or anything, that's just retarded.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but that sounds completely disgusting. Poppy flavored milk? I don't think I could choke that down.

pussies and idiots..this thread has long ago attracted way too much attention. Poppy seeds are also like 3-600% the price per pound they were before this thread was started.