• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seed tea quantity!

zenzan

Greenlighter
Hey, so Im basically completely new to all this, only have ever tried alcohol, DXM (dextromethorphan pills, 275MG, never more than that!) and even that only once a month or skipping few months between them! Im really strict when it comes to drugs, to an extent i've only tried weed other than DXM, literally no other drug not even for medical usage, and i liked the weed (stopped tripping on DXM long ago), and hence i only smoke once a month with friends, no more than that, afraid id get addicted, even though theres plenty evidence that its not addictive. Im more of a curious type, i want to try things but not over do them, and very cautious... so hence my question:

I found poppy seeds at my super market, they're store brand, white in colour, i know that there are always inconsistencies in potency, but since i have no history or tolerance to opiate or any kinda drug whatsoever, what would be my safest first dose?

i've found few articles of how to prepare it, most just adding the seeds to a bottle and adding warm water and three tablespoons of lemon juice and shaking for 20 minutes and then just using a cheesecloth separating the seeds from the liquid, would this way of preparing the tea suffice?

should i chug the liquid down or sip it down taking an hour between dosage?

sorry if these questions have already been asked before!, cheers!

PS, i'm 22 years old, weigh 60KG, 1.7m tall!

I would suggest not bothering at all, messing with recreational opioids at such a young age is a recipe for disaster.

Many poppy seed cultivars are washed of opioids nowadays so poppy seed tea is a gamble. It can be completely inactive or it can contain lethal levels of alkaloid and the only way to tell for sure is consuming it ... very slowly... don't gulp down a bunch of tea because it could be your undoing

there is really no way to tell.

for example, i was hooked on opiates for 10+ years. there were times i would dose 1.5lbs and be nodding for an hour, and there were times i would dose 3lbs and barely not be dopesick --- and these were doses out of the same 25lb box with no other contributing drugs.

really it is not advised for folks without a decent opiate tolerance to play around with. it is more likely that you aren't going to get 'good' seeds, and even if you do, theres no reason they wont be shit the next time, or high in a nasty alkaloid that will make you very ill while not high at all.

just because the seeds appear white-ish in color doesn't mean much either. it is a good sign but far from definitive. i drank the shit everyday for like 6 years and the weakest seeds i ever had were the whitest.

sorry about your painful conditions. you gave your weight in KG - are you in europe? isn't codeine available over the counter there?

Even if you decide to consume it, keep in mind that the effects plateau around two hours. You shouldn't chug it, you have to go really slow and be patient. Two hours is quite a long time so you want to be very careful with how much you drink before. I almost want to advise you to use pods (If you have access) because it's not a gamble as big as the seeds. Unlike seeds, they always get you faded.
The warnings that these people make are serious and real ones. I hope you get a relief one way or another.
Be safe, take care.

there is really no way to tell.

for example, i was hooked on opiates for 10+ years. there were times i would dose 1.5lbs and be nodding for an hour, and there were times i would dose 3lbs and barely not be dopesick --- and these were doses out of the same 25lb box with no other contributing drugs.

really it is not advised for folks without a decent opiate tolerance to play around with. it is more likely that you aren't going to get 'good' seeds, and even if you do, theres no reason they wont be shit the next time, or high in a nasty alkaloid that will make you very ill while not high at all.

just because the seeds appear white-ish in color doesn't mean much either. it is a good sign but far from definitive. i drank the shit everyday for like 6 years and the weakest seeds i ever had were the whitest.

sorry about your painful conditions. you gave your weight in KG - are you in europe? isn't codeine available over the counter there?
I wish I was in UK again, currently Im in Malaysia!

Even if you decide to consume it, keep in mind that the effects plateau around two hours. You shouldn't chug it, you have to go really slow and be patient. Two hours is quite a long time so you want to be very careful with how much you drink before. I almost want to advise you to use pods (If you have access) because it's not a gamble as big as the seeds. Unlike seeds, they always get you faded.
The warnings that these people make are serious and real ones. I hope you get a relief one way or another.
Be safe, take care.
Thanks for the reply man!, I cant get pods though, it'll be a lot easier but its simply out of the picture, Im thinking of making tea from 80g of poppy seeds only, mixing for only 4-5 minutes in a warm water with lemon juice, would that be okay?

80g of seeds is a fairly low dose for a PST but like others have said don’t underestimate it. I did a pound of seeds wash with a heroin tolerance and almost OD’d, passed out for 4 hours. I’d say if you wanna try 80 g go for it I think that’s a perfectly safe dose. You want to shake them vigoursly and strain the liquid

Poppy seeds vary greatly in potency. Most branded seeds have been washed, I have found the dark colored ones to be the strongest. It's a pretty dangerous drug. You can easily OD. More importantly, if you're worried about addiction, just do not cross the opiate line. There is a good chance the idea will implant in your mind and you'll gradually start using them more and more often and some time down the road, you'll look back on the time you decided to try them and regret it terribly. It's just not worth it, IMO. You mention several times being very selective and careful with drugs. If you really want to be careful, you'll give opiates a skip.

But yeah 80g is probably a good place to start, if you're committed to the idea.

Poppy seeds vary greatly in potency. Most branded seeds have been washed, I have found the dark colored ones to be the strongest. It's a pretty dangerous drug. You can easily OD. More importantly, if you're worried about addiction, just do not cross the opiate line. There is a good chance the idea will implant in your mind and you'll gradually start using them more and more often and some time down the road, you'll look back on the time you decided to try them and regret it terribly. It's just not worth it, IMO. You mention several times being very selective and careful with drugs. If you really want to be careful, you'll give opiates a skip.

But yeah 80g is probably a good place to start, if you're committed to the idea.

I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that it’s a rabbit hole and you’re better off staying away entirely

What Opiate Killer and Xorkoth said.

I can tell you from personal experience as a former opiate addict myself... It's not worth it. I can only imagine what kind of pain you're in. I personally have 4 herniated cervical discs and SI joint problems. The pain can be unbearable. But opiate's took me down a horrible path. First I started out just using "medically" for pain (used hydrocodone and PST). Then I turned to heroin ... recreationally (still helped medically for pain though). Opiates are the devil. They help millions of people, but they also destroy MANY MANY lives. I thank god every day that ive been clean off of them (even though I'm not religious).

This is. Concept I've been curious about is it just " poppy seeds " that contain alkaloids or certain types?

What Opiate Killer and Xorkoth said.

I can tell you from personal experience as a former opiate addict myself... It's not worth it. I can only imagine what kind of pain you're in. I personally have 4 herniated cervical discs and SI joint problems. The pain can be unbearable. But opiate's took me down a horrible path. First I started out just using "medically" for pain (used hydrocodone and PST). Then I turned to heroin ... recreationally (still helped medically for pain though). Opiates are the devil. They help millions of people, but they also destroy MANY MANY lives. I thank god every day that ive been clean off of them (even though I'm not religious).
So sorry to hear about your condition man, hope you find some relief one way or another. Im taking all of your advices, Im not going to get into PST after all then, even though i already tried 80g, and pain was better (Alot), but i guess its not worth the risk of addiction!, Im gonna stick to weed only!

probly a good idea to skip it man.

when i found my seed source i thought all problems would be solved... dose of morphine for less then a gallon of milk available over the counrter sounds great right?

it gets... dark. theres no scramble to rob people for hundreds of dollars but all the other life destroying factors of opiate addiction are there, like ever increasing tolerance & reduction of medicinal benefits. you end up creating more problems then you solve. its really not fun waking up sick every day, going through the process of making tea, chugging a pint or 2 of foul hellish liquid, waiting for the nausea to subside before you start to feel normal enough to get your day going. the store runs out, or the mail is delayed, huge variation in strength / alkaloid content.... and all the other alkaloids in pst change your bodies chemisty, like even my sweat began to have an odour of rancid poppyseed believe it or not. and the withdrawal is very painful. if you have no other source of opiates you're in trouble. i've withdrawn from many opiates, pst is the only one where every muscle felt like it was tearing apart, every bone about to snap... for me day 1 would be rough but it wouldn't even peak until day 3 or 4... took a whole 2 months in jail before i got that 'hey i actually feel normal' again feeling, which was a few days after my shits finally became solid again.

I tried making tea with 80 grams and there was definately something. I can imagine making tea with 1 lb - like some people do - could've had strong effects

I tried making tea with 80 grams and there was definately something. I can imagine making tea with 1 lb - like some people do - could've had strong effects
dont do it man, I've done my fair share of research, and every single person asked me not to, if i search for weed people are pretty cool about it so i guess PST is definitely not something you wanna get into. Read xivixive last reply man.

xivixive hope you're feeling better now, all the very best luck to you...:)

Hey, so Im basically completely new to all this, only have ever tried alcohol, DXM (dextromethorphan pills, 275MG, never more than that!) and even that only once a month or skipping few months between them! Im really strict when it comes to drugs, to an extent i've only tried weed other than DXM, literally no other drug not even for medical usage, and i liked the weed (stopped tripping on DXM long ago), and hence i only smoke once a month with friends, no more than that, afraid id get addicted, even though theres plenty evidence that its not addictive. Im more of a curious type, i want to try things but not over do them, and very cautious... so hence my question:

I found poppy seeds at my super market, they're store brand, white in colour, i know that there are always inconsistencies in potency, but since i have no history or tolerance to opiate or any kinda drug whatsoever, what would be my safest first dose?

i've found few articles of how to prepare it, most just adding the seeds to a bottle and adding warm water and three tablespoons of lemon juice and shaking for 20 minutes and then just using a cheesecloth separating the seeds from the liquid, would this way of preparing the tea suffice?

should i chug the liquid down or sip it down taking an hour between dosage?

sorry if these questions have already been asked before!, cheers!

PS, i'm 22 years old, weigh 60KG, 1.7m tall!

You will need to quaff it a little at a time . . . I know this because I have been working on a method to judge the potency of poppy seed extracts and there are a large number of variables in there; I thought specific gravity may be the best way to judge, but there is still variability in seed batches

20 minutes is too long, 2 is more like it.
Also i thought you should look for black/bluish seeds for better opium content??

I started with Poppy Seed tea. Led to a huge opiate addiction, ruined my life. That was in 2015. I'm only on the other side of it now.

We all think we can handle it, we all think it won't happen to us. I definitely thought all those things. I know it's like a broken record but it's just not worth it.

Go find an NA or HA meeting and just sit in and listen to some stories. You'll find people JUST LIKE YOU who wish they had never started.

You will need to quaff it a little at a time . . . I know this because I have been working on a method to judge the potency of poppy seed extracts and there are a large number of variables in there; I thought specific gravity may be the best way to judge, but there is still variability in seed batches

What's your method of extraction? Taste still seems the clearest way to gauge, though i cant tell you offhand the relative bitterness of thebaine to morphine.

FYI to the OP, from the quantification studies, some of the stongest batches yielded 3mg of morphine per gram on extraction (albiet heated/acid extraction), meaning 80g could yeild 240mg of morphine, which may be a fatal dose on a small, non-tolerant individual. Thus out of an abundance of caution, in the odd event you have an exceptionally potent batch, even 80g may be too much to start off at...