• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
^^^

agreed with "magic" feeling. My shroom trips have been nothing short of pure magic, while my acid trips are fun, they have been no where near as close as fun as my shroom trips.

Mushrooms leave me feeling amazing the next day and usually the feeling continues for up to a week; LSD leaves me feeling tired, "cracked out", and with a nasty chemical feeling in my body.

Mushrooms give me far better visuals.

I don't know how else to put it other than boomers are just such a better time; when I'm on shrooms I'm just constantly laughing, in awe of the beauty around me, and loving the company of my friends while listening to music. LSD puts me a confused state where I'm serious and constantly thinking bizarre thoughts and making strange connections. Both are tools when used correctly, but I'd rather have boomers any day.

I like polls at bluelight, because they're actually large enough to be statistically useful.

As of 97 voters, we can say with 95% confidence (assuming a random sample of psychedelic users):
  • Between 56.6% and 75.4% of psychedelic users prefer LSD.
  • Between 12.6% and 28.7% of psychedelic users prefer shrooms.
  • Between 6.6% and 20.2% of psychedelic users have no preference.

Keep voting and those intervals will tighten up. =D

what happens when you put the alpha at .01 (2-tailed)?

As of yet, the confidence intervals don't overlap, so why should we enlarge the samples?

And why would we expect this sample to be remotely random? Of which population is it representative?

ebola
(pedant to the rescue!)

I'm a computer scientist, not a statistician! The lambda is for the lambda calculus, not whatever you freaks use it for. =D

5-HT2 said:
I personally don't have a favorite. They both are good for different things.

Likewise.

However, I only prefer LSD if it's real and it's strong.

I don't trip at all anymore (or use any drugs besides caffeine, an SSRI, and alcohol) but when I did I had gotten weak LSD a few times and it was OK but nothing at all like the first time I took a geltab of strong LSD and REALLY tripped.

Mushrooms I really enjoyed, and loved even if they did give me just plain wrong information about myself.

In The Ring? 'cid's Gonna Win.

Bercilak said:
I'm a computer scientist, not a statistician! . =D

"There's a mathematician,
a different kind of mathematician,
and a statistician. ..."

Hard but'rue.

LSD.

But I feel mean for dissin' the mushies.

:(

That is a hard question lately I have been more in to Psilocybin. But over all it think LSD has more positive qualities.
Psilocybin I like because I get no hangover I can trip out for ½ a day and the other half I’m back to normal. Psilocybin is better for self-exploration for me, not as syrupy as LSD.
LSD is so much better for social situations I like the way it makes my heart charka just glow. It is just not as creepy either. LSD I can be in the middle of the woods alone and all the sudden a hot girl will walk up and ask me if I want to smoke a bowl just random magic stuff happens. Psilocybin I’ll be in the middle of the woods and a weird hermit will show up and ask me if I will give him a cigarette for his dirty socks, just strangeness some times.

Ok I have only had a damn damn mellow trip on acid some really Bunk ass shit. I tripped though got the body high some melting warping nothing really impressive, but the overall impression I got from it was even at high doses it wouldn't hold a candle to mushrooms. Why I say this is for the shear reason that when I take a dose of mushrooms I am nature I am the indians who roamed the uninhabited land I appreciate everything from the simplest bug to the beauty of a weeping willow It is so incredibly intense that you WILL learn something that will change your life forever for the better. For sure pleasure LSD is probably a much better drug. For making the quality of your life better that comes from mushrooms. I now am self confident have what I believe to be a firm grasp on the real reality of life rather than the reality of the United States Hedonist.

I'mean, If you Can' Walk, Or Think About Walkin'... There's Yo' 'D.... Personally....

OxycontinAnonymous said:
...., but the overall impression I got from it was even at high doses it wouldn't hold a candle to mushrooms....

I don' post in here often.
but,
well,
I hate to patronize,
but
STRONG
LSD
is jus',
well,
not a park in the walk...

PEACE
UnSquare
:)

I might jus' be lazy....;)

I also have never seen my whole entire wall turn into eyes with a dose of lsd

Really ? Actually on reflection I don't think I have either. Your point being ?

I think a low dose of mushrooms is very nice.....verynice

while both have their times and places of necessity....

i voted the mush, without hesitation.

i've learned much from both of these experiences, and get blown through the fucking wall with both of them. however, i like the afterglow of mushrooms much more. and also on mushrooms i get hit with revelations which come completely from right field, non-stop. on LSD i get revelations, but they tend to be more analytical in nature...meaning i work my way to the revelation.

and of course seeing as though when i eat mushrooms, i sit there and talk to entites for the whole experience and actually receieve information which i did not have beforehand. much of this information i later found in books, which i had not read...such as the tibetan book of the dead.

AND on mushrooms i experience 6th dimensional existence....which is seeing the potentials which lie before myself. the mushrooms allow me to wind up wherever is most efficient, and allow me to see all the other 'paths' which i can take.

acid gives me 5th dimensional awareness (time as a progressive movie, rather than a series of points), which is nice and all, but mushrooms....wow.

(i will ask the mushrooms to curse all you bastards who hold their realm as second rate) just joking :)

mushrooms
by very very far

i have almost no interest in lsd
it gives me amazing visuals, but not much else
and it makes being with other people unpleasant

whereas mushrooms are ayahuasca's little brother to me

I think LSD is a better all around psychedelic but the cost on my brain is very high. I get depressed and have poor concentration and have a hard time thinking abstractly for about a week or longer afterwords.

acid for sure. its totally different. body high is so good, visuals are much more fascinating, thoughts so much more logical (save for the schizo part...), and it has cooler nicknames even!

psilocin, although typically a great time, always comes with weird body highs, emotional surges in random directions, feelings of fear at really high doses, nasty aftertastes, thoughts much more broken and loopy. Still fun, but the subtle side effects (more pronounced in some trips than others) are just never present with cid for me.

i think they're both pretty intense.

mushrooms seem more 'otherworldly' and dreamy compared to the more grounded feeling of acid. i think that's why many people find mushrooms more intense and overwhelming.

another more intense aspect of mushrooms is that the trip 'comes in at you', whereas acid is kind of a 'coming out of yourself' experienc.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that this choice comes down to a simple difference in one's personality?

I voted LSD. I am a very analytical type of person; things must be somewhat quantifiable in order to make true sense to me. That's not to say that I haven't learned a lot from shrooms, but they just seem so damn scattered when compared to LSD. Even if I were to set aside the negative side effects I get from shrooms, I would still vote LSD because of it's 'straight-forwardness'... if that makes any sense.

I guess I find that a shroom trip is extremely hard to 'define' when compared to an acid trip.

Mushrooms have given me a lot more interesting thoughts than LSD. I must say that I started with mushrooms and had 5 or so trips before trying LSD.

Mushrooms seem to be more deep and meaningful, while LSD seems lighter/funnier (mushrooms were very ... "humorous" the first few times I took them, too, though). I don't like the stimulation of LSD and the duration, the last 4-5 hours when the trip's winding down are usually rather boring and I feel mentally tired. Mushrooms are more forcefull mentally, it's very hard to ignore or block a thought once it entered your mind. I really like how mushrooms hit me in waves.
LSD is better in social settings or at parties.

They both have their place. I voted mushrooms.

Funny Shit

THE WOOD said:
acid,... and it has cooler nicknames even!

Werd.

Common nicknames for LSD are(?):
"a,
acid,
animal,
barrels,
battery acid,
beast,
Big D,
black acid,
black star,
black sunshine,