• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PLEASE HELP..addicted again..switching from oxy to H to save money until the winter?.

stuck003

Greenlighter
Hi.... I was addicted to opiates for several years....(starting with oxy then ending up snorting heroin)... about 7 years years ago I used suboxone through a doctor to get clean... Ive been clean off opiates for around 6 years until this february i git real sick in my stomach.... and after many hospital visits and tests...never found a problem yet with my digestion.... anyway I turned back to oxy to be able to manage the pain and sickness and be able to still work...... I snort around 90mg a day of oxy..... I am a seasonal worker and get a few months off in the winter...Which is when I feel it would be best to start suboxone again.....Because I know t5o start suboxone you have to be in withdrawal and I cuurently dont have the time to do that with a child and job and family until the winter.... plus im still sick and dont want to make myself sicker but going into withdrawal now.... so Im asking opinions on me possibly switching back to snorting heroin for a few months until the winter... i would much rather stay on oxy until then(i prefer them anyway) but oxy is SOOOOO expensive compared to what i used to pay for it years ago....and I have a source for good clean H at a much cheaper price range... What i dont completely remember because its been so long since I did H.... Is.... ill snorting H feel basically the same as snorting the oxy.....? Is quitting a H habit going to make it harder to switch to suboxone.... I know i DID ALL THIS YEARS AGO... But it was so long ago that it all seems like a blurry memory to me.....What I dont want to do is send my family to the poor house buying oxy when can get H for less than half the price per month...I never did needles and never will....(I did H for almost 3 years before quitting..... So do you think me switching to H again will make my current situation worse...and make my suboxone treatment harder to transition to.....I love my family and have to do suboxone either way...I just need to buy me some time until december when I go on unemployment for a few months....any info or opinion would be appreciated.....

So far from what I have read you currently take oxy, cant afford it anymore and want to switch to H and then get on subs, right? And you wonder if H and oxy are similar when sniffed? IME oxy has a more energetic opioid high and than heroin most of the time, heroin has always been much more sedating to me compared to oxy. H, especially nowadays being cut with fentanyl and various fentanyl RC analogues is very hit or miss on how it will make you feel, but generally H is much more sedating if its just regular old H and the high lasts about the same amount of time as oxy when insufflated maybe a little shorter/longer depending on the quality of the H, how cut it is, and what it is cut with as it is usually not sold 100% pure in most places off the street. It is definitely way more unpredictable than oxy in which you know what your getting every time. Getting on subs wont be any harder with an H habit than it would with an oxy habit(maybe a little harder with H depending on how good the H is) IME. I have been addicted to both at different times in my life, some points I was mixing the two and then later just switched to only doing H and I had an IV habit too, and getting on sub wasn't any harder to me than the first time I got on subs for my oxy habit(sniffing and smoking them)which i stuck with for more than a year and a half almost 2 years before falling off the subs and relapsing with heroin and then doing that sniffed, switching to IV not long after and getting back on subs. Both times were the same, maybe a little harder to do with the H at first when I got on subs the second time around. I just made myself stick with the sub, and after a week of transitioning from H to sub I was happy and wasn't craving dope anymore, but that first week was a bit hard as I just wanted to not take the sub and do dope it definitely took a bit of will power. I have been on subs for years off and on relapsing like 2 or 3 times in total, but so far i haven't done a real opiate in 9 months since my last bout with H, that only lasted like a week before i realized i was slipping and got back on my subs sticking with them. Havent looked back since. Hope this helps.

I think youre looking for an excuse to keep using because you can easily switch to Suboxone w/o ever going through a WD.

Yeah, I didn't even think to ask... why wouldn't you just go on subs now instead of transitioning into an even worse addiction than oxy with heroin?

not sure if my whole post was read.... Im not looking for an excuse to keep using... as i said i will be using until the winter either way... And I had a full blown heroin addiction before , so heroin is not new to me and doesnt scare me... I quit it before( and i understand its not easy... but ive already been doing 90 mg of oxy daily since march... so im aleady physically dependant.... I am also trulyh sick...and have to start going back to the doctor agaon to figure this out9 i GOT TIRED OF GETTING TESTS DONE WITH NO ANSWERS, BLAMING ALL THAT WAS WRONG WITH ME ON ANXIETY, WHICH LED TO ME STARTING OPIATES BACK UP AFTER 7 YEARS...(oops just realized the caps lock came on... anyway... since it was so long ago since I done H... I was trying to remember if switvhing to suboxone is harder on H(phycally speaking) and Does snorting H give a similar energetic effect as oxy when using it in small bumps throughout the day... i was never a person who enjoyed the nod,,,,I just been told that I have to be in full withdrawal to start suboxone.... Im just not ready to make mysel sicker with withdrawal, when im sick everyday anyway with whatever is wrong with my digestive system...im basically stuck living on Ensure drinks....and yes that all started before starting oxy again... and being sick is what made me need to take them just to get some mental and physical relief from the sickness that i was dealing with...( without talking too much about my medical issues, I was hospitalized 3 times before starting pills again... so yes im stck... my wife knows about all of this, and im just rying to keep everything together until the winter when i have time to focus onmmyself...and just need a little advice not critsism,,,thanks all....peace and love

also thre thing i forgot to ask is.....How many days did you have to not use to start sub safely...? Ive been sick for so long that i cant bare the thought of making mysel sicker currently

No need dicksize were trying to help you maybe if your off it now you should just try stay off look for other hobbies to fill your time and stuff like that.

i think this whole 'oxy is a more energetic buzz' is purely placebo, people just like to think the effects are different between the two because one is lovely, clean oxy and the other is big bad heroin. opiates/opiods potato/potatoe

OP, it seems like you actually have medical conditions which should be checked. What it is worth to survive until winter and then die during it?

Hi Stuck,
You have been given 3 excellent bits of advice, I think the last is the best. (If your off, stay off). The other 2, (Go on Sub now). The first response was correct. I don’t believe anyone was criticizing you, they were just being honest. Treasure honesty, it is something we don't get a lot of these days.
I agree with first response; it sounds to me like you are trying to get someone to cosign your bullshit. You are probably showing your family your post about how you are trying so very hard to do the right thing and how if only you didn't have this stomach problem they wouldn't have to spend so much money and you could go off the drugs right away.
Dude, if you are serious about stomach, take the next week off and kick. If you are serious about wanting to help your family, take week off and kick. Then go to the doctor clean, No Heroin, Sub, Oxy. You will also stop spending your family's money on dope.
We addicts are master manipulators. Do you realize that you are willing to "save your family money" by doing heroin instead?
I am not criticizing you, I am telling you the truth. I had no intention of being on Methadone for more than 6 months and it has been 30 years for me. Make that decision carefully.

So to be clear.... i should quit my job and lose our home and everything? instead of waiting 2 more months until I get layed off on unemployment and have time to focus on this problem...? Also I never asked if i should quit or when I should quit.... My wife and I have been through all of this before.... and people must not clearly read everything before they comment... because i clearly said Ive been doing 90mgs of oxy daily since march of this year.... and was clearly just trying to remember how closley oxy compared to heroin and trying to remember if switching to suboxone was harder on heroin..... i also dont see how explaining my past to help people understand that this isnt something new to me...so they dont try to say dont go to heroin because you will never come back or something like that....because Ive already been down that road(not dicksizing or whatever)... im not asking for anyone permission or excuses to validate my drug use...im a grown man and make my own choices.... i simply was hoping to get som honest advice on the similarities of switching over to H from oxy.... and a refresh on what was needed to start suboxone such as how long do i have to be in withdrawal first before taking the SUB..... but if noone can understand and just wants to just jump to conclusions then i guess this is not the place for the info i am seeking..... and I signed up on here to try and make my decision carefully..... The biggest question Is will snorting H until about December be worse for me than snorting Oxy until then....?

also in february... It was a family decision with my wife for me to get some oxy again considering what i was going through with constant throwing up and stuff....It was weed and oxy that got me to stop losing weight....I lost 30 pounds and barely ate anything for the month of february...and with xrays, catscans and every blood test and stool sample...they all said im fine and that they cant see anything wrong....theres more to that story.... but no need for me to explain it all as that is not what im asking about.....just please dont attack or judge... because I was about to commit suicide fromgetting so depressed from being sick..BEFORE i started the oxy again....the oxy and weed gave me some relief from whatever is wrong with me.... I live off od ensure drinks and im only 33 years old....im here just trying to keep everything balanced as possible...because im in ap osition of if I dont work to pay bills...we end up homeless....and I have a wife and kid that I dont want to put on the street...which is why i need to wait until i get layed off for the winter

You don't have to be dying of withdrawl to go to a sub doc and get them, generally every time I got on subs I hadn't had oxy/dope in like 24 hours, so I was sick but I didn't have to wait like 4 days of some bullshit like that. If your doctor wont give people subs until they are sick as possible, that is fucked. I never had that issue, it was just as long as I told them I had a opiate addiction and needed to go on sub they put me on sub. I think it is a bit better to fail your first UA at the first visit for oxy or opiates, they are much more inclined to believe you actually need to be on subs.

also i was hoping for some support.... because even though I know it was this sickness that broke me and got me back in this position....I still feel terrible about it....and really hoped to have someone just to talk to.....to raise my spirits some....Im an only child and dont have a father....and as with most people lost most close friends due to general life stuff.... so i feel so stuck and alone

one last thought came to mind....if i didnt say it....is I prefer to stay with oxy.... but I cant find anyone who will sell me them at a bulk price.... ive been stuck payer per millagram per pill... and 90mg a day...get pretty expensive pretty quickly......If I could simply get about 300 oxy 30's at a discount.... that would buy me enough time to get to more doctors and work until winter to start suboxone......oxy just cost too much unfortunatly on the streets.... and if i could just walk in and just go straight on suboxone without having to be in withdrawal...i would do it today... but i need to wait to withdrawal whether people can understand that or not

It all depends on the doctor. Why not just say you are in full on withdrawl and have been sick for almost a week or something and go in right when they start the first day, they probably wont know if you can play it off right! That's what I did. It sounds to me like you really don't want subs and are just beating around the bush looking for an excuse not to get on them, and if you don't really want to be on them, then you wont stay on them. You have to WANT it or they wont work as well. And it usually takes at least a week of being on them to fully want to make the switch and become adjusted to the sub. I know myself from experience that making that switch to subs is hard at first! But you just got to stick with it and make yourself commit to staying off opiates, and if your anything like me, you will begin to actually like the sub more! You want to save money for your family right? Well sticking with subs will do that! Plus you don't have to put yourself and your family at risk to go get it from the streets anymore, you can be legally prescribed them for much cheaper, and if your insurance doesn't cover them, go on subutex instead of suboxone its a shitload cheaper mg to mg at the pharmacy. That is what I had to do, plus I actually like subutex, a lot more than suboxone.

i understand... i used suboxone for 2 years to quit 7 to 8 years ago.... but if i remember right... i had to wait about 2 days in withdrawal before starting suboxone to prevent precipricated withdrawal...???? i plan on using them again and tapering down over a year..... last time i tapered suboxone with very minimal withdrawal....but it was so long ago that most of those memories are all a blur......so like i was asking....Is snorting heroin worse for your body then snorting oxy? if I just stay on oxy...will starting suboxone be easier then with heroin....snorting H only...not shooting....because if i understand correctly, shooting H is a much worse withdrawal

and thanks for the info love2nod..... Im hoping in december it all works out and i can start subs maybe subutex i can check into also and see what works better for me..... I never even do enough mg's to nod..... I just like to do small amounts to feel better...... but I have a high tolerance....due to my past use.... See I did suboxone over 7 years ago...before most people even heard of it.....it was still newer in my area...not sure when it was actually released though